Top positive review
31 people found this helpful
some good some bad, overall good.
on June 8, 2012
i just recieved the keyboard (received in 3 days) and have some initial thoughts. I have the new Ipad (3).
- easy to connect
- easy to charge (I can't comment on the battery life yet. It cliams 60 days standby time and 80 hours working time)
- I like the multiple positions and it is very sturdy in the (to me) most logical position of about a 80 degree angle from the keyboard. It is a very natural setup.
- although the layout is a little tight, I have had no trouble typing on it.
- case is about 3/4 inches larger all the way around the ipad and would seem to provide protection to the
- ipad fits very snug and is very secure in the rails.
- keys are not supper soft (not like an Apple keyboard), Very minor..
- right shift button is a little small, but i am getting used to it.
- the cover does not put the ipad in the sleep mode when closed.
- keyboard is not removable (but i knew that when I bought it).
- a bit on the heavy side (maybe a pound?)
Overall, the price is right, it does what it promises to do and it would appear to provide more than adequate protection to the ipad. The keypad is a vast improvement over my previous typing experience on the ipad sans keyboard. In fact, I wrote this review with the ipad/keyboard set up!
update. there are several keys at the top which are helpful. The home screen, brightness, pictures and search. the internet icon doesn't seem to work.