Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kensington KeyFolio Expert Multi-Angle Folio and Bluetooth Keyboard Case For iPad 4 with Retina Display and iPad 3 (K39531US)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 8, 2012
i just recieved the keyboard (received in 3 days) and have some initial thoughts. I have the new Ipad (3).

pros.
- easy to connect
- easy to charge (I can't comment on the battery life yet. It cliams 60 days standby time and 80 hours working time)
- I like the multiple positions and it is very sturdy in the (to me) most logical position of about a 80 degree angle from the keyboard. It is a very natural setup.
- although the layout is a little tight, I have had no trouble typing on it.
- case is about 3/4 inches larger all the way around the ipad and would seem to provide protection to the
- ipad fits very snug and is very secure in the rails.

cons
- keys are not supper soft (not like an Apple keyboard), Very minor..
- right shift button is a little small, but i am getting used to it.
- the cover does not put the ipad in the sleep mode when closed.
- keyboard is not removable (but i knew that when I bought it).
- a bit on the heavy side (maybe a pound?)

Overall, the price is right, it does what it promises to do and it would appear to provide more than adequate protection to the ipad. The keypad is a vast improvement over my previous typing experience on the ipad sans keyboard. In fact, I wrote this review with the ipad/keyboard set up!

update. there are several keys at the top which are helpful. The home screen, brightness, pictures and search. the internet icon doesn't seem to work.
on August 11, 2012
Please note that I have typed this entire review on the product being dicussed. It is really great keyboard and I have really enjoyed typing on it almost as much as my regular Macbook Keyboard.

The Kensington Multi-Angle Keyfolio is a well-built and solid case for the iPad 3. There are rails to hold half of the iPad into place and magnetic-alignment to snap the case into the multiple angles. This particular model does not have the "smart cover" design allowing the iPad to sleep when the cover is closed. Mainly because the cover actually doesn't touch the iPad. The keyboard actually stis directly against the screen, which is a major design flaw in my opinion. So far in my testing I have found that it does not damage the screen in any way, but I have not had the product long enough to confirm if this has long-term ramifications.

The keyboard is a little more compact than a touch typist on a 13" laptop might be used to, but I am typing in the dark with absolutely no practice on this keyboard, and as you can see, it's not too big of a deal (I am going to leave typos in, intentionally to demo how easy it is to transition to this keyboard). The multiple angles allow for really easy typing in many situations, such as mine (laying in bed typing Amazon reviews) but it has a very natural default angle that the majority of laptop users will find most confortable. The rails are secure and allow the iPad to be removed and be placed on the Apple Dock to charge. Pros and Cons list to follow:

Pros:
+ Professionally appealling design
+ Doesn't add considerable weight to the iPad itself (maybe a pound maximum)
+ Keyboard is easy to mirgrate to and from and requires very little adjustment
+ Multiple angles allow for a robust set of use-cases
+ Keyboard charges quickly via USB and stays charged for a long time
+ iPad specific keys for controlling the iPad without having to interupt current task

Cons:
- Keyboard TOCUHES THE SCREEN WHEN CLOSED.
- Keyboard requires a lot more force to type on than a typical Apple keyboard
- Case lacks a "smart cover" auto-off feature
- Right-hand shift key is annoyingly small for touch typists
- Rails only hold half of the iPad, and don't generally seem very safe
- No stylus holder for this particular Keyfolio, which is a shame

Overall, I look at the rails system as an easy way to remove the iPad for reading or drawing, or for putting onto a dock. It's not a huge deal and I've never had the iPad fall out during typical use. The case seems well suited to protecting the iPad when closed and being transported, but this design seems particularly vulnerable when the iPad is actually in use inside of this Keyfolio.

UPDATE 8/21/12:
While I am not going to adjust my overall score, which I still deem fair, I have decided after weeks of use that the rails system is actually the best part of this case. It allows you to very simply and easily pull out the iPad to use it like a normal tablet, and to also use it like a laptop with the stand. This versatility is what makes the iPad, like this case, truly great. Some additional notes:
1) I still haven't needed to charge the battery after several weeks of daily usage.
2) I have actually had an accident with the iPad in this case, it survived unscathed.
3) I still wish the material was easier to clean.
on June 27, 2012
The folio is well built and solid. I like the bluetooth keyboard, and my New iPad (Gen 3) fits well inside the "rails". HOWEVER, the fit for the iPad is not snug enough to actually hold my iPad tight -- if the open folio were to accidently tip in the wrong direction, the iPad could easily slip right out of the rails and onto the ground ending with a damaged iPad. The folio itself, though solid is a tad bulky, but much better than carrying a full laptop.
Oh, and as has been mentioned with other "New iPad" folio's from Kensington: the magnetic closure does not automatically turn off the iPad when you close the folio.
on March 6, 2014
It is as good as it is advertised. The outside material is soft and suede like. You just have to be a little careful in keeping it clean if you're as particular about the outlook as I am. The keyboard is sleek and easy to type on. I made a little adjustment in closing the flap as opposed to the suggested method. Instead of closing the iPad over the keyboard and then the flap over it, I close the flap over the iPad first and then the keyboard on top of the flap. That way the flap doesn't activate my screen and turn it on. Initially when I closed it the suggested way, it ended up keeping my iPad active and drained all the battery. So, switching the flap for the keyboard ensures that the iPad screen is not activated by the keyboard and helps protect the screen from potential damage from the keyboard keys.
So far, I love it. I take it to work everyday to study and work on my assignments. The battery life on the keyboard is also just as promising as the product states. It's a worthy purchase.
on February 12, 2013
I just received this from Amazon and I'm putting it right back in the mail to them after one day of use. The design is not good unless you plan to set your IPad up on a desk and use it like a desktop.

The primary complaint I have is that the keyboard touches the "home" button when the case is closed and it turns on the IPad. This means that if you close the case, it turns on the IPad. It also means that if you pick up the closed case to carry the IPad with you ... It turns on the IPad. I carry my IPad around with me and this is not acceptable. Insult to injury here is that I have to pay shipping to return a product that I consider to be defective since Amazon says it's not an error on their part.

For any who can live with the keyboard turning on the IPad, I would also caution you that the pairing doesn't work well either. It took me numerous attempts before I could finally get it to work.
on June 5, 2015
This is a very good keyboard for my iPad (4th generation). It works well, pairs properly and is comfortable to type on. A few things make it less than perfect. The return key is very small and it is very easy to hit an arrow key instead and lose your place. It does add significant weight to the iPad and, if you are not careful in landscape angle, it can slip out easily. If you keep the Home button to the right in landscape you will be OK, but some apps are framed in the other direction. This being the case, it will slide out if you do not brace it. You cannot use the out facing camera, but can use the in-facing camera for Skype, etc. I am still very satisfied with it as it is very convenient for e-mails, Facebook, Pages, etc. instead of using the on-screen keyboard. I do recommend this Keyboard/Cover.
on January 5, 2015
I was hoping for a bit more.
Pros: iPad is easily removed so I can connect it to a base station. Keyboard connects quickly and works well.
Cons: The frame is not that easy to setup in the different angles and can easily slip. Since the keyboard is permanently attached to the frame the frame as a whole is a bit bulkier than I wanted.

The product works as advertised and is good for what it is, the problem I have with it is that I was hoping that it wouldn't be quite as bulky. Since I use the iPad primarily for reading eBooks, a few other reading tasks, and as my source for pandora and recipes (shout out to Mealboard) for the kitchen the extra bulk is not that great.

The positive is that it is very easy to remove from the case so I often do remove it. This is great since it is nice a slim and light then, but not protected...
on February 19, 2014
My niece loves this keyboard. She got an iPad 4 w/retina for Christmas. I got this for her and when I was able to visit she said she loved it. It sync's easily. Nice keys.. and fits great! Fast shipping. Would buy again from seller.
on May 7, 2014
Okay, first off..its not a bad case at all. It functions as it should. The good things about the case: It fits the ipad fine. Doesn't feel like the ipad will fall out. It isnt very heavy in my opinion. The keyboard is fine to type on, not too small, and the keys feel pretty nice. There are plenty of navigation buttons, track buttons, volume buttons and all function fine. Power seems to be pretty good and easy to pair and connect each time. I am one of those people that turn it off after each use. You may not get as good of battery life if you leave it on all the time. And the best thing about this case is definitely the price.
Now for the bad. This was not what I expected when I ordered...The material is very flimsy and doenst have much support. I have no confidnece in drop protection for my Ipad. It stands up okay, but it just feels very cheap. I say all that knowing that this is a $15 keyboard case. I am under no deliusions about what I am getting. I just wanted to be honest in my review, that I was not prepared for the flimsy nature of the case. Overall, I do like the case, and for the price it is definitely something your should look at. I am giving it 4 stars for the simple fact that it is a keyboard case for $15. I would probablybuy again for cheap case with a keybard...because i havea few other cases that are daily drivers for my Ipad...this is just for doing documents and work.
on April 6, 2014
I was pretty pissed when my old ipad case didn't protect my ipad at all. so I decided to buy a new one.
Then I saw this, with a bluetooth keyboard and cheap price!
I had doubts when I read some reviews, but I decided to go for it since my main purpose is protection anyways.
Surely, I could have gotten a better case without the keyboard, but since I do type things a lot and i hate typing on touch screens... why not?

When I first got it, I thought it was heavier than I thought, but I actually liked the feeling of the weight... it wasn't too heavy or light, it was actually better, like carrying an ultrabook.

My favorite part of this is that it can fold 3 different ways, which is more useful than I thought. I can see while I'm on the bed, on the desk... almost anywhere without having to hold on to it most of the time as I can simply adjust the screen to comfortable angle.

As for the keyboard, you do have to charge it before you use it. It lasts long enough to last at least 3 days with one charge for me. I'm a student so I do use it a lot to type up my essays.
I'm starting to wonder why people gave bad reviews. Maybe I do have to use it for longer time to tell, but I can say that it really doesn't look very sturdy. But it seems okay though, since I do type as if I'm smashing the keys... it didn't break so far after using it for hours of typing a long essay and stuff. It's very responsive too, so there's no connectivity issue at all for me. Make sure you read the manual. It's straight forward and you really don't have to read anything other than "how to connect".

But then I still don't know what the full functions of the keys are... especially the 4th key on the first top row. Since I'm not a mac user, it took me a while to figure out that ctrl+c is actually cmnd+c,,... so I'll have to look up mac short cut keys...