Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Kensington Quick-Release Car Mount for iPhone 5/4S...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 63% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.73 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.73 shipping
Kensington Quick-Release Car Mount for iPhone 5/4S/4/3G, Black, K39256US
|Price:||$18.10 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$11.89 (40%)|
- Mount securely holds your iPhone or iPod touch even when in a case (including iPhone 4 and iPhone 5)
- Flexible arms let you insert and remove your iPhone with one hand
- Cradle pivots for both landscape and portrait modes
- Includes both windshield and vent mount-use the one that works best for your vehicle
- Cable holder keeps charging cable connected (charging cable not included)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 6.4 inches, 2.8 inches, 7 inches
- Weight: 0 ounces
Color: Black | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
if you don't believe me just check out the video for this product and you'll see, it's not the iPhone 4 in the demonstration.
that said does this mount work with the iPhone 4? yes, but not without complications. if you put your 4 in this mount without a case, it will eventually slide out through the bottom with each bump you hit in the road. if you have a hard plastic outer case, it will do the same, just a little more slowly. a soft plastic outer case will not slide, but will be pushed around a little every time you take it in and out of the mount.
i've been using this mount with my iPhone 4 for several months now, with an Incipio Silicrylic case (the best iphone 4 case available) and my homegrown solution was to apply electrical tape along the interior sides of the hard plastic clips to provide adequate friction between the case and mount. it works, and the reason this mount gets 3 stars is because it is relatively easy to seat the iPhone and especially remove it, with just one hand; which is critically important for me while in my car.
this is the second review i've written for this mount, debunking the myth that it works great with the iPhone 4. my previous review mysteriously disappeared.
I prefer the vent mount as a windshield mount will leave behind a telltale circle when taken off inviting break ins. Vent mount is nicely thought out with spring mounted vent hooks so you don't sit there trying to force the thing when taking it off the vent risking damage to the vent/hooks.
Windshield arm is about 10" long and made of rigid plastic material which can be shaped to any angle. I tested it by mounting on a sliding glass door and suction is rock solid and I could not budge it without trying to tear it off by force. One possible issue is there maybe some play on bumpy roads since the arm is quite long. I got this on sale with a rebate and ended up paying fraction of what it normally sells for anywhere else but product is thoughtfully designed and will do what it does without any headaches.
However, I found that the iPhone clips are pretty stiff. In the video, it seems effortless to clip in the iPhone with one hand. But when I try to push the phone in, I need to use a lot of force, and usually I'm afraid I'll break the vents or the mount. So generally, I use two hands, one hand to pull one of the clips back, and then the other to put the phone in and out. Because of this, I think I would've preferred a "cradle-like" design, so I could just easily/quickly drop in the phone and take it out. When I'm driving, it's dangerous to need two hands to put my phone on the mount or take it off for whatever reason.
The arm is also a little long and creates a "bounce" or "wiggle" effect when driving.. making it dizzying to look at when moving.. Sure, I shouldn't be looking at my phone when driving, but that's the whole point of mounting it on my freaking window in front of my face. Right?
The suction cup is strong and I really like the quick-release style to both fasten and release it. The end that holds the actual phone is good too. It is easy to insert the phone and also to remove it. I also enjoy the fact that it rotates- nice for watching movies.. whoops.. not while I'm driving of course!
- It's sleek. Not a big bulky unit to hold your phone.
- The long bendable arm is a nice feature so you don't have to mount in the middle of your windshield.
- Comes with both windshield mount and air vent mount for one price
- The long arm is NOT stable. It bounces around like a mad man on PCP when driving. I had to mound and bend mine in such a way that it was firmly pushing down on my dashboard in order to create stability. I had no intention of using the air vent mount because I like my air conditioner and didn't want to give up a vent for that.
- Not for the iPhone 4. Without a case it doesn't grip the square edges too well. WITH a case it's fine.
- IT BROKE! I never forcefully put my phone in the unit. I do have a case on my phone so I was careful when doing so. I did it exactly as shown in the video on this page dircetly from the manufacturer. One side in first, then push the other side in. This worked easily as shown for the last two months, but it finaly gave out and the tab that received the 'push it in' side of the phone snapped out. Completely broken.
I would not recommend this if you're an iPhone 4 user with or without a case on. And if you're using it with something else, be careful. It's only plastic so it can only take so much.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this holder in 2010 and it lasted 5 years. I bought another one last year and realized how good they really are so I gave them as Christmas gifts. Read morePublished 1 month ago by FB
This works great. I liked my first one enough that I bought a second because I grew tired of moving it between cars. Read morePublished 1 month ago by scottm32768
Have bought several, and all of them are still in service after several years. I carry one for travel use in rental cars. Read morePublished 1 month ago by BgNH
I have purchased this car mount 3 times over the last 7 years. It fails every few years but it is the best thing out there. I wish they would update it to hold a larger phone. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Darth
The plastic handles was broken and don't fit bigger cellphones like Samsung not4, apple 6+Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Rigid and extends far too make screens easier to read. The side clamps get in the way of the keypad and the alphabet scroll in music on my iPhone. Read morePublished 4 months ago by David J Mayhew