Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 11, 2012
When I recieved this tricycle I was apprehensive since it is made in China and I was hoping for a U.S. or Canadian product. It claimed the arrival date would be within 7 days and since it took 3 weeks I knew where it was coming from, however it went together nicely and is a great ride. My biggest hurdles have been turning, (you need a much wider circle than a two wheel bike), and the elevation on the roadside for water drainage, an adjustment since you can't just lean into a correction as on a two wheel. The trike is sturdy, comfortable and pure pleasure to ride. The lumbar support and cushy seat are a plus and with 7 speeds, it is the best out there. You want more exercise without hurting feet and knees? This trike will take care of that. It is just plain fun!
on December 30, 2011
Bear in mind that I just started using the bike so can NOT speak for the longevity of the machine yet. I was expecting a trike that had low enough gears to climb some hills and this was the only one I could find with more than a three speed hub. It looks great, rides easily due to the gears and its weight. Looks like a winner at a fair price.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2013
I got this bike a few days ago and absolutely love it! I have no handicaps or disabilities, i just wanted a more stable bike that i could bring groceries home in.
I was concerned about riding any bike with the amount of hills we have around here, but this bike is so much easier than a regular bike. For one thing the peddles are a little more forward than a regular bike so it is easier to get up those little hills, plus the seven speeds help. I found that if i leaned back onto the backrest as i went up hill it was even better.

Another concern was whether this bike could hold my weight along with whatever is in the basket- lets just say I am not a size two and leave it at that! This bike seems very sturdy and more than able to hold my generous rear end! I feel like it could take 300 lbs including what is in the basket.

Putting it together wasn't too bad. It comes mostly assembled. You have to put on the front wheel, handle bars, front brake line, and the basket. Took about two hours.

It is an absolute must to practice in an empty parking lot till you get the hang of steering with the handle bars, not your body. The first time i took it out i ran into a tree because i kept trying to steer with my weight-leaning to the side, but you stay stationary and move the handle bars instead. Very weird at first but really easy now.
Another important thing to realize is that yes,it is a stable bike- no need for perfect balance, but remember the two wheels in back mean that you are at the mercy of the angle of the road. What i mean is that on a regular bike you compensate for the tilt of the road but balancing and shifting your weight subltey to the side-you can't do that on this bike, if the road has a high crown then you are tilting to angle of that crown. Just something to get used.
Highly recommended for anyone who wants a comfortable, easy going, fun bike with room for groceries in back!
on February 6, 2012
I am a young person, not disabled in any way I just like the trike look and large rear basket, and I love this trike! It came about 85% assembled in a gigantic box. All I had to do was put the front wheel and fender on, get the brakes hooked up, put the seat and handlebars on and adjust them, and put on the rear basket. It was a cinch. This trike is not too big, its width allows it to fit through a regular sized doorway easily, and the basket is a pretty good size. It is around 55 pounds, so not too heavy. I have zero complaints so far.
on October 10, 2012
Love my new adult tricycle. Most comfortable bike I have even ridden. Perfect for a day of bird watching. The rear basket is just right for safely carrying everything for a afternoon outing. Wonderful on grated dirt roads and paths. Great for those quick neighborhood trips. Easy assembly. The gears only needed some minor adjustments. Some instructions would have been helpful with the gearing, but not to hard to work out.

The ad is misleading, it says the bike comes with fenders (plural). It only comes with the single front fender. Kent does not make rear fenders for this model. Limited after market fenders for the bayside tire size. I contacted Kent's sales department and they were not interested in processing a special order. I was hoping to order fenders in matching green.

Be prepared... It took two weeks to ship and I was never able to confirm my order on line. Took three days to get a confirmation email. I finally had to call and request one be sent. Nor was I able to get the tracking process from unbeatablesale.com to function. There is a link to chat, but no one was available the multiple times I tried to contact unbeatablesale.com. no reply to repeated emails regarding my problems with their tracking system. unbeatablesale.com gets one star.
on August 18, 2012
This is an excellent purchase/investment. The bike is very easy to ride. The ride is very smooth and quiet.
The basket is perfect for my little dog. We have tried to take her on bike rides in other baskets but she would try and jump out. The third wheel gives the bike excellent balance so the dog doesn't try and jump out.
The overall rating I gave was a 4 instead of a 5. The bike comes 95% assembled. The main thing we had to assemble was the front tire. I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid so I had trouble with the front tire and brake alignment. The directions could have been a little clearer on this point.
Overall, Excellent product and I expect years of enjoyment from this bike.
on December 24, 2012
I gave my tricycle 5 stars because it is easy to ride, has 7 speeds, is well balanced, and comfortable (as comfortable as a bike seat can be). I like the fact that the pedals are forward a bit, which is much easier to ride than others I tried. It is MUCH prettier than the other trikes on the market. Also, it only weighs 57 pounds as opposed to another popular one that weighs 150 pounds. It is well made, but be advised that unless you are an expert at assembling bikes with gears and hand brakes, take it to a bike shop. Here is the issue: You can't transport a tricycle on a regular bike rack. It can be fitted into the back of an SUV to get it to and from the shop. Riding a trike is different from a bike. You must make wide turns, and be very aware of the width of the path you are on because it is easy to forget the back of the trike is wide. The issues with trikes are the same with all of them, but the Kent Bayside is snazzy with it's whitewall tires, custom type of paint job, light weight, and gears.
on January 29, 2014
It seems well built, even for my 250# . Stable, easy to get used to, great shifter and gear choices. Great nice looking design and nice paint job, for China. I do enjoy the rides and am a former "dirt trail rider" so the easy riding position is much appreciated. Looks very British in design, classy......

I wanted to add a comment that agrees with several other reviewers. The seat is too small - look at my 250# - and the backrest is dangerous. It is so cheaply made that it bent and folded backwards and dumped me into the basket. That was really difficult to get out of - sort of funny - but it really hurt my back. I removed the backrest - not too useful anyway - and put a much nicer brown leather seat on it.

I got the Avenir Classic Cruiser Saddle from Amazon in two days. It made it the perfect, or as close as you can get, tricycle.

My motorcycle is also a trike - CANAM SPYDER Limited...... Awsome!
on February 19, 2013
This is a fine vehicle that is serving my retirement beautifully. Anyone who might be wobbly or fearful on two wheels will be well advised to have one.
on January 12, 2014
The bike itself is wonderful, I ride it every single day. However, the original inner tubes all blew out as they were being filled. I had to go to the extra expensive of purchasing 3 brand new tubes the first day I had it. My opinion of this bike has steadily decreased. I have had to have the lower crank totally overhauled, and have to put it back in the shop today for the front wheel bearings to be replaced and re-lubed. I am not really happy with the current upkeep cost, as I ride this bike on a daily basis across town. I have a 1962 Schwinn trike that takes less maintenance than this one!