5.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but has everything I need!
Published on April 10, 2012 by MsChemie

3.0 out of 5 stars This comes with a remote and I'm glad!!!!!!
Published 11 months ago by sean

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but has everything I need!, April 10, 2012
MsChemie (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
I was looking for a very basic stereo system with an aux input to install into my 2004 Civic. I have an ipod, but my car factory radio didn't have an aux input so it was pretty inconvenient. This stereo was affordable, had exactly what I needed (CD, Radio, Aux), and is as simple as they come. I personally didn't like the complicated looking stereos from other companies. Kenwood is a great brand, and the sounds quality is great. Highly recommended, if you're looking for something simple!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Radio!!!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
Having just purchased this and using for about a week now, I thought a review would be in order. Where to start? Well lets talk about its design first. The unit is VERY aesthetically pleasing to look at and has a sleek nice black finish really complementing the factory appearance on the dash. The display is VERY simple and bright, but not obnoxious either. It's very easy to read and has a dimmer setting in case you find it overwhelming at night which I don't at all. Settings and equalization is VERY straightforward and makes perfect sense. The volume knob is ergonomic and easy to feel unlike those stereos with the flush knobs that you can barely adjust without hitting 4 buttons. Overall the look and quality of this unit is second to none! Now for sound quality. The volume ranges from 0 to 35 and for those of you reading who have tuned an amplifier know that it starts with the all the gain down and the headunit EQ zeroed out. I started slowly increasing the volume waiting for it to distort, 15...20...28...33 and finally 35. Crystal clear. I mean not a lick of distortion at max volume. I played it safe though and set my preferred max level at 28 before the amp was turned up. As I had previously mentioned the equalizer works beautifully slowly adding nuances into your music, and this unit features a bass boost setting which surprisingly doesn't distort either! It just adds Crystal clear sound. I'd rate the sound quality of this unit 11 out of 10 because there is nothing that comes close. I've had numerous Pioneer, Sony, and alpine units but this one blows them away and for the price? I must say I was skeptical with how little I spent but I put my faith in reviewers and glad I did. I saved my favorite part for last. The main reason I looked at this Kenwood was because because I am very picky about factory appearances. I hate Euro taillights, body kits, rims and just about anything the manufacturer of the car didn't design for it. I wasn't thrilled about an aftermarket radio because all the ones today have big chrome knobs, and cheap finishes with stupid designs and laser light shows. Features like that may be attractive to ricers and teenage kids, but not a mature listener who would rather take sound quality and a quality build over a cheap laser light show radio with the 10,000 useless features that are just excessive junk anyway. This kenwood was the cleanest, best looking, simple, best sounding unit I've ever seen in my life. For the price I can't understand why you are still reading this and not entering your credit card info yet. Extremely happy and more then recommend!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little CD Player, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
I bought this to replace a 17 year old Kenwood in the Subaru. The sound is UNBELIEVABLE compared to the old one. What a pleasant surprise when I heard how GREAT this resonated the oem speakers....

Installation was easy...Manual is spot on for do it yourselfers...and will recommend to anyone that is looking for a new player. The controls are very intuitive and within 15 minutes I had all the buttons and controls figured out. The remote is also a wonderful addition.

3.0 out of 5 stars This comes with a remote and I'm glad!!!!!!, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
This will be for the cabin of my sailboat so the remote will be handy. I have read reviews and even had people comment to my questions telling me yes this does come with a remote but in the pictures, it shows it with and without a remote.... and in my experience with Amazon that could be a bad thing. I even text chatted with someone or machine or somebody in another country representing Amazon and they said "No" it does not come with a remote. So, I listened to you people and bought it anyway and it DOES have a remote.... Amazon! I'll add more after I hook it up...for now all looks good and straight forward...comes with the wire harness too.

Update: gave it a test run and had a simple direct connection to the battery....yellow and red to (+) and black wire to ground (-). This thing just made a faint ticking sound like a watch and that was all...It would not turn on or show any signs of life... Tested the battery and it was strong, Made sure the wire harness in the back was securely fastened and checked the fuse in the back and it too was fine, I also pressed the reset button and made sure the face was connected securely....DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Amazon is sending a replacement and this guy is heading back to Indonesia were it was made.

UPDATE OF THE UPDATE: Got a replacement and all is good. I like it lots and it puts out a good sound. I think the problem was the wire harness was defective on the other one, which is no big deal and I'm glad I tried a replacement as this looks, feels and sounds like great quality...especially for the price! I'll post a pick of this stereo in my boat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for daughter's used car, December 15, 2013
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
My daughter had this put into her 1999 Mercedes and loves it. She researched and found this to be the best for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars kenwood kdc-152 radio, October 23, 2012
i like this brand is a very good quality radio lot of features works really good and it was a reasonable price too

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
this kenwood cd receiver exceed my expectation it sound very good, and all the basic things that i need on a cd receiver and best all no problem and very reliable, and very cheap. I am considering to buy another unit like this on the same vendor which is the 3 kings audio cause they shipped fast and the item that they sell are really brand new and unopen.

5.0 out of 5 stars stereo, March 19, 2013
very good stereo i orderd one my family members heard how good it sound and they orderd one so very good item for the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
Couldn't believe the radio stations this thing pulled in as soon as it was powered up. I live in rural midwest and stations are not very abundant but it works great. Installed in a 1995 Dodge Dakota and didn't expect a lot for the price but the sound is much better than factory without chaging speakers even. Very Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, can't beat it!!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver (Electronics)
Got this CD player looking for a budget replacement stereo for my Jeep. Didn't need anything fancy, just something that played CD's and had an Mp3 hookup in the front. Always been a fan of Kenwood and they have not disappointed with this stereo. Easy to use and very well layed out.

Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver