Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kenwood KDC-152 In-Dash MP3/WMA CD Receiver
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$61.98+ Free shipping

on April 10, 2012
I was looking for a very basic stereo system with an aux input to install into my 2004 Civic. I have an ipod, but my car factory radio didn't have an aux input so it was pretty inconvenient. This stereo was affordable, had exactly what I needed (CD, Radio, Aux), and is as simple as they come. I personally didn't like the complicated looking stereos from other companies. Kenwood is a great brand, and the sounds quality is great. Highly recommended, if you're looking for something simple!
22 comments|160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
Having just purchased this and using for about a week now, I thought a review would be in order. Where to start? Well lets talk about its design first. The unit is VERY aesthetically pleasing to look at and has a sleek nice black finish really complementing the factory appearance on the dash. The display is VERY simple and bright, but not obnoxious either. It's very easy to read and has a dimmer setting in case you find it overwhelming at night which I don't at all. Settings and equalization is VERY straightforward and makes perfect sense. The volume knob is ergonomic and easy to feel unlike those stereos with the flush knobs that you can barely adjust without hitting 4 buttons. Overall the look and quality of this unit is second to none! Now for sound quality. The volume ranges from 0 to 35 and for those of you reading who have tuned an amplifier know that it starts with the all the gain down and the headunit EQ zeroed out. I started slowly increasing the volume waiting for it to distort, 15...20...28...33 and finally 35. Crystal clear. I mean not a lick of distortion at max volume. I played it safe though and set my preferred max level at 28 before the amp was turned up. As I had previously mentioned the equalizer works beautifully slowly adding nuances into your music, and this unit features a bass boost setting which surprisingly doesn't distort either! It just adds Crystal clear sound. I'd rate the sound quality of this unit 11 out of 10 because there is nothing that comes close. I've had numerous Pioneer, Sony, and alpine units but this one blows them away and for the price? I must say I was skeptical with how little I spent but I put my faith in reviewers and glad I did. I saved my favorite part for last. The main reason I looked at this Kenwood was because because I am very picky about factory appearances. I hate Euro taillights, body kits, rims and just about anything the manufacturer of the car didn't design for it. I wasn't thrilled about an aftermarket radio because all the ones today have big chrome knobs, and cheap finishes with stupid designs and laser light shows. Features like that may be attractive to ricers and teenage kids, but not a mature listener who would rather take sound quality and a quality build over a cheap laser light show radio with the 10,000 useless features that are just excessive junk anyway. This kenwood was the cleanest, best looking, simple, best sounding unit I've ever seen in my life. For the price I can't understand why you are still reading this and not entering your credit card info yet. Extremely happy and more then recommend!!!!
0Comment|231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I bought this to replace a 17 year old Kenwood in the Subaru. The sound is UNBELIEVABLE compared to the old one. What a pleasant surprise when I heard how GREAT this resonated the oem speakers....

Installation was easy...Manual is spot on for do it yourselfers...and will recommend to anyone that is looking for a new player. The controls are very intuitive and within 15 minutes I had all the buttons and controls figured out. The remote is also a wonderful addition.
on February 12, 2014
This will be for the cabin of my sailboat so the remote will be handy. I have read reviews and even had people comment to my questions telling me yes this does come with a remote but in the pictures, it shows it with and without a remote.... and in my experience with Amazon that could be a bad thing. I even text chatted with someone or machine or somebody in another country representing Amazon and they said "No" it does not come with a remote. So, I listened to you people and bought it anyway and it DOES have a remote.... Amazon! I'll add more after I hook it up...for now all looks good and straight forward...comes with the wire harness too.

Update: gave it a test run and had a simple direct connection to the battery....yellow and red to (+) and black wire to ground (-). This thing just made a faint ticking sound like a watch and that was all...It would not turn on or show any signs of life... Tested the battery and it was strong, Made sure the wire harness in the back was securely fastened and checked the fuse in the back and it too was fine, I also pressed the reset button and made sure the face was connected securely....DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Amazon is sending a replacement and this guy is heading back to Indonesia were it was made.

UPDATE OF THE UPDATE: Got a replacement and all is good. I like it lots and it puts out a good sound. I think the problem was the wire harness was defective on the other one, which is no big deal and I'm glad I tried a replacement as this looks, feels and sounds like great quality...especially for the price! I'll post a pick of this stereo in my boat.
review image review image
on April 18, 2015
This is easily one of the best aftermarket heads I've come across, it has plenty of equalizing effects to allow you to fine tune to the smallest detail, the interface is very easy to use, anyone familiar with any stock head should be able to use it with ease, the red lights are quite distinctive and it honestly is very attractive and eye catching, on certain Cd's it'll read off the artist,song and album, pretty cool stuff! This head is capable of much more power than any stock on the market, allowing you to get some higher end speakers later down the road if you are keen. This has never skipped, not once, even when going off road on rocky terrain, it just kept going, a major plus!
on February 11, 2014
Got this CD player looking for a budget replacement stereo for my Jeep. Didn't need anything fancy, just something that played CD's and had an Mp3 hookup in the front. Always been a fan of Kenwood and they have not disappointed with this stereo. Easy to use and very well layed out.
on December 15, 2013
My daughter had this put into her 1999 Mercedes and loves it. She researched and found this to be the best for the price.
on October 13, 2015
This is a really good CD player. I've had it in my car now for over a year and it plays everything. Even if there's a scratch on a CD it will still play the CD. Switching between menus is easy. The color of the CD player is red and it's a very bright red so I like that. The only problem is during the day it's really hard to read what it says so I couldn't stand have a day setting. The only real problem I've had so far has been the clock falls behind and I have to reset it every month because it'll fall behind at least 5 minutes. Other than that been a really great CD player.
on October 4, 2014
I installed this radio in my 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ). The Jeep already had an aftermarket radio with single DIN kit, making install a simple process. The included harness matched the colors of the existing wiring (already configured for aftermarket stereos) and I just needed to match like colors and crimp.

Sound quality is good, and the bass boost is a neat feature that works better than I would have expected. If you're playing a CD which has CD Text burnt onto it, the receiver will display album/artist/track information. You can "search" the disc, allowing you to use the volume knob as a scroll wheel to walk through the tracklist and then pressing the knob to select a track.

The included remote control works well, but naturally requires a line of sight to the receiver, as it is infrared. Not that useful for controlling the stereo outside of the vehicle, unless you can maintain that line of sight.

Overall appearance is fantastic. When the receiver is powered off, it's mostly black and would not attract much attention. When on, the red/white LEDs look cool without being too flashy. It's one of the few aftermarket stereos that I've seen that don't look absolutely ridiculous and childish.
on August 23, 2015
I’ve had this for 2 years now, and it’s held up great. This stereo is basic and easy to use, learning how to control the settings is simple, and it has a nice slick look. It was, and still is, a good price. A friend installed it in my car quickly, and without any problems at all. With so many car stereo choices, I’m glad I chose this one. I would suggest this product to others.