|Item Weight||3.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.2 x 7.2 x 2.1 inches|
|Origin||Made in USA or Imported|
|Item model number||KDC255U|
|Expansion||iPod cable optional|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Kenwood KDC-255U In-Dash USB/CD Receiver - Made For iPhone
|Price:||$57.95 + $12.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$62.05 (52%)|
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Front USB And AUX Input
- Pandora Connectivity For IPhone
- USB Connectivity For IPhone And IPod
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Instal was easy. The wiring diagaram provided all of the nessasary information to instal quickly with the proper dash and harness kit.(sold seperatly)
The front usb port allows easy connection of iphone or ipod. The deck has built in ipod controls or you can hold the ipod button down to put it in manual mode and control returns to your ipod. A plus for me.
The adjustable color lighting is a nice feature, with many preset options as well as the ability to create your own color.
The basic controls of the unit are fairly simple and easy to learn. Ten min or so in your driveway should be enough to familiarize yourself with the operation of the stereo.
The three band EQ is a nice touch. A Pioneer unit I have of comperable price only has a two band EQ
The sound is clear and crisp through four Pioneer 5.25 inch speakers.
The only draw back is that the users manual is for four head units. You have to pay close attention when reading about the various controls.
I recomend this to anyone who is looking for an affordable upgrade from their factory stereo.
What I like of this unit:
- USB Port
- Remote Control
- Ability to change unit's button colors to match dashboard's.
- Lot of options.
What I dislike of this unit:
- Only a pair of RCA output. KDC-355U has 3 pairs.
If you want to upgrade the stock headunit of your car, this one is a steal! Highly recommended
- this stereo only supports USB 2.0, not USB 3.0
- it only reads devices formatted as FAT16 or FAT32
- since FAT32 filesystem only works for devices up to 32GB, that's the biggest drive you can use
- the stereo only allows a total of 255 folders (far from enough music to fill a 32GB drive)
- any deviation from bog-standard mp3 files will likely either freeze the device, make it blink the dreaded 'na file' message, or just simply skip that entire folder without any explanation
- you can skip ahead through tracks + folders than the device can buffer, resulting in a long wait while it catches up - more often than not, only skipping to the next file, rather than as far ahead as the number of times you pressed the button
- likewise, scanning through folders by spinning the knob is painfully slow - you can spin the knob a bunch of times, and only advance one or two folders
In short, USB playback on this device is s***, and I'm pretty thoroughly unhappy with it - I wish I would have spent this money on something that would actually work for me, rather than this long drawn out period of dissatisfaction and frustration. Do yourself a favour and get something else to put in your car.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Two stars for this reason and this reason only, this is an amazing product it sounds great and went in very smoothly to my pick up but my usb port stopped working, to fix this... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Vinny
Arrived quick and they upgraded me to a newer model for free! Not gonna complain about that! Installed in my mother's car as a gift. She loves it!Published 14 days ago by Justinlegler
It works perfect! Very satisfied with the product, thanks for the upgradePublished 15 days ago by Angel
Has lots of power and good audio settings
Couldn't be happier for the price! The changing colors thing is pretty neat as well
I want to thank the seller for this amazing product. It is exactly what i expected and looks amazing. Especially the changing colors on the radio. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Favian G.
Great unit for the price. I actually received a different model than the one pictured (mine was a KDC-MP262U). Read morePublished 20 days ago by buddihall