|Item Weight||3.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 10 x 4.5 inches|
|Origin||Made in USA|
|Item model number||KDC-HD548U|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Expansion||optional_mp3_cable, optional_bluetooth, optional_hd_radio|
|Memory Card Slot||None|
|Media Playback Supported||AAC|
Kenwood KDC-HD548U CD Receiver with Built in HD Radio Tuner
|Price:||$179.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$40.01 (18%)|
- In-dash CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 50W x 4 channels MOSFET amp
- Plays CD, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA & AAC files
- Built-in HD Radio tuner with iTunes tagging
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) Of course this is better compare to the Stock radio. Sound and Reception. Read Sony CDX-700HD has the best reception.
2) The main reason I got this is because it let you select Auto, Digital or Analog Radio reception. I was afraid from other reviews (not here) that if it is set to Auto, the radio reception will jump from Digital to Analog and the radio will be unbearable. But this has never been a problem. Living between NY and PA, there's a lot of HD radio station.
3) I was surprised that this radio can save the HD Radio sub-station (95.5-1, 95.5-2, etc) on the preset button. The Sony CDX-700HD can not do this.
1) The buttons can be arranged a lot better. The Up (Next) and Down (Prev) buttons look like and feel the same as the Preset (1-6) button. So sometimes I have to look at which buttons to push. Can be annoying.
2) Don't like the Volume knob. The knob is metallic and very smooth, it makes turning the knob harder with one finger. Have to use two fingers to turn it.
1) LED screen is Blue. Would be nice if it can change to Green and/or Red so it can match the console but Blue is a very nice color. Not a negative.
2) When the radio tune in to a HD station, the HD indicator comes on. But I don't think its means it's on HD. You can still hear the static once in a while. When the D indicator (digital signal) comes on that's when the static completely disappear and the sound is in digital.
3) Not a big negative but there's only 6 Preset for AM.
Will I buy this again? I guess I would but I might try the Sony CDX-700HD.
Biggest con is the trim piece doesn't fit in my '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse as it is too wide. I have called Kenwood and they stated it would fit but it does not. The display completely disappears when in direct sun. Have to try to cover it with your hand to try to view it.
This is all about value for the price. You get a front USB and Auxiliary port. You can play one iPod and charge your buddy's at the same time. Pretty cool.
The extra HD stations are nice, sound great, and come in easily. I would bet my technology-challenged grandmother could have figured it out, if she was still alive. Rest in peace, Grandma. XO.
The radio stations come in clearly. I trust the Kenwood brand. I wanted a great value with HD and front ports that wasn't anything too fancy...you know, to deter thieves.
Cons= Not enough bass response, but, since I already had a subwoofer, it still sounds good ENOUGH with the woofer. Most 'in-dash' players just don't have enough power to overcome road noise for great-sounding bass, tho.
Can't play copy protected stuff on Usb drive
Can't change color display with this unit
I would purchase this unit, because it makes vehicle stand out sound wise. Im just using two six by nines in a Honda accord ,
One other person mentioned the volume knob being to slick to move with one finger, yes... I have the same issue... I wish it had a rough surface or rubber around the knob...
I does sound great... Although, It is hard to tell the difference between HD and Std Radio... but it sounds good overall.
I do have one gripe though... when i first turn on the car and the Radio is in Radio mode, it will switch to USB... I then press the HD Radio Button and it will go to the Radio for a Second then back to USB... it takes a few times to get it to the Radio...
Also if I am listening to the Radio and I change Channels using the Preset Button... it sometimes will switch to the USB... Very Annoying!
So if It would stay on the radio and not jump to USB all the time, I would give it a 5 Star Rating...
UPDATE: The Face Panel Sucks, it is always resetting itself as though it was just turned on... Also If I hit a good Bump in the road it will reset....
The Volume knob now turns the Volume "Louder" even when trying to Turn it down... I can turn it up and down and it just keeps getting louder and louder.... Thank God the remote works all the time or everyone in my car would be Deaf!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
radio works. CD PLAYER will not read any CDS and neither does the usb. did not include any parts either.Published on November 14, 2013 by Brian Hayes
Reception is a little weak for distant stations, but it works great for more local stations. HD sounds great, and I use it mostly to play my iPhone via USB.Published on September 15, 2013 by Christopher Elrod
It was missing the cable to connect the radio to the car it was hard to find the right cablePublished on July 15, 2013 by Katty Sanchez
the face plate flashes and there is a delay in button reaction. it eventually catches up. problems with dimming the screen.Published on May 21, 2013 by Nathan Smith
So I traded ma jensen vm9312 for this brand new headunit that ma dad bought from his job and let me tell u something maine
This kenwood has blue led lights the display is blue... Read more