5.0 out of 5 stars BUMPIN!!!
First of all, I'm a BASS-head from more than a decade ago. After having a child, I thought all that was over with. Luckily, a friend of mine had a 12" Kicker Solo-baric (L7) in a ported box he just gave me because he was going to upgrade his system. I did some homework on amps. I was at first looking at the Kenwood 1000 watt amp but later saw the 1800 watt amp for...
Published on May 17, 2011 by JMACD

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad
Published 7 months ago by Dub

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very good Amp., June 10, 2012
Walther (TOTOWA, NEW JERSEY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood Kac-9105D 1800-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier (Electronics)
I install thisamp. with a 12 sub JBL and they sound perfect,the bass it has a real power with a nice sound, over all the price is good and does what it build for it.enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it based on reviews, July 11, 2012
I have used many amps before, and this one blows them all out of the water. At first I used a smaller Kenwood amp for my JL sub, but when I went to this one, the difference was significant. Not that the other sub was bad, but the sub was a 4Ohm instead of another 2Ohm I had previously installed, so I wanted the added oomph. If anything, I now have too much base and tend to fiddle with the controls a lot not to overpower the song. Very nice and crisp though once you get the settings right for the type of music you are listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good amp, October 5, 2011
So many great things I can say about this amp but since i'm not that technically savvy all i'll say is it pushes my 2 10's quite well

5.0 out of 5 stars Good amp, April 10, 2014
This is a good amp. Don't expect to be getting 1800 watts from it. You will get a true 800 or 900 watts from it so match some subs up to it that would do good on that. I wouldn't run this amp 1 ohm cause im sure it will over heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good power!, March 19, 2014
This thing made my 12" subwoofer kick butt, this amp is compact enough to fit under my seat, and it has a built in crossover to adjust the frequency, with also a bass boost which made it even more intense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great amp!, February 25, 2014
Got for a JBL DVC 10" 1400 watts peak worked great but its only 900 watts not 1800 watts. Also because its mono its physically impossible to push 1800 watts you cannot bridge this amp to 2ohm... That's why its impossible. If it was really 1800 watts, it would have blown my JBL 10" DVC... 3/30 amp fuses total can push 90 amp or 900 peak watts not 1800 watts. Wish car amp and speaker manufacturers would standardize the rating system. Kenwood quality is however better than allot of manufacturers out there and their reliability is good. It stays cool because it has built in fans so overall I would give it 5 but power I felt was lacking. If your looking for earth shaking bass this wont do but budget bass it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Quality as always., November 11, 2013
Amp delivers clean and crisp sound. The settings are easy to work with. The amp features soft start which is nice, the subs "ease" on instead of the thunderous pop you can get with some amps.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, September 6, 2013
I liked this amp and really wanted it to be above average. I returned it because my unit was faulty. However, I like the styling of this amp, and how the top plate removes for easier installation. For the few minutes it worked...it worked great. The return allowed me to re-evaluate what I wanted and I went with another amp. One with the "insert and allen wrench crimp the wire" type connectors as opposed to this one's screw terminal type.

I gave it 3 stars instead of 1 or 2 because I would have kept this amp if my unit had not been faulty. and the value of it would have been good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banging Amp, July 5, 2013
Very nice product, good clean bass, hitting hard. I went with this setup after blowing up 2 10'' amplified Bazooka Tube boxes, I said that I would not buy another one. I took the 2 10'' Bazooka Tube woofers and put them in a vented enclosure powered by this Kenwood Amplifier and my factory system.....man, what a difference it made. Of course, I can't run it at full power because of the 10''s but it's more bass than I'll ever need, as I'm not trying to play for the neighborhood. I had the amp installed professionally at Best Buy as I am disabled and can't reach all the areas to do the install myself. I've been reading the reviews about this amp overheating and going into protect mode but so far, I have not experienced any problems. It's does get hot but it's working great, I'm happy with it. Will update if anything changes

4.0 out of 5 stars kenwood 1800 watt amp, May 7, 2013
Performs as I expect a Kenwood product to. Stays cool on warm days. Provides ample power to push my two infinity twelves.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›