Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2012
This is formatted like a Pdf for printed viewing. There are very wide margins which makes the text quite small. On every page I need to zoom in to fit the words to the screen which makes flipping pages cumbersome. Then when I go to the next page it needs to be zoomed again. I subscribe to other magazines that are formatted nicely and are easy to read. It makes it difficult to appreciate the content.
on April 16, 2012
I read the Editor's Note and the first two short stories with interest and enjoyment, but then I came to something titled "Handedness" that I can't make head or tail of. I suspect that the seemingly unrelated scraps of copy are meant to be captions for images that don't appear in my Kindle version, though even that wouldn't explain the seemingly random order of the text. I had hoped to solve this mystery by viewing the issue on Kindle for PC, but the journal is not available in that format, I find. Perhaps if I had a Kindle Fire...
on November 14, 2012
this magazine is a good read. I was somewhat disappointed by the lack af range and somewhat depressing mood of all the articles. Maybe other issues would be different, but I don't have the money to waste on something just in case.
on May 7, 2014
This is a great sample of The Kenyon Review, a literary journal that I knew of but hadn't had the chance to actually read. This gave me a sense of the typical contents of this Review. I've now added it to my list of journals to subscribe to.
on May 29, 2013
I like it, it has a good mix of stories, and poetry, which I love. But I wouldn't say I love every story, obviously we all have our own taste, but still every time I get an issue I look foward to sitting down and seeing what's new in each department, particularlly the poetry department. All in all a great read, I would say, and a must read for any book lover.
on July 31, 2013
In particular the learned and swinging piece on Jazz and those who played it in the 50ies and 60ies. Counter balancing with Jack Gelbers, innovating play, "The Connection." The author knows his stuff. Pure pleasure to read.
on March 27, 2013
On my Kindle I like to keep short stories and magazines for those times that I have to wait in waiting rooms, hospitals, at the mall or the parking lot while my wife is shopping.

I found the language and subject matter in the stories I read to be objectionable. I am not a prude, but I feel that it is an indication of a poor vocabulary when authors need to lean on profanity to move a story along. Sex scenes simply for the sake of a sex scene don't enhance the story, it digresses and is a indicator of a writers lack of imagination.
on January 6, 2013
some of the authors wwere fantastic though several were a bit too far out there for me. overall i would recommend.
on May 31, 2013
This isn't my usual type of read but it was interesting. I would recommend for a rainy day. Good pictures too.
on September 18, 2013
This is only a sampler of the whole Kenyon Review, which I think is the best literary journal right now.