4.0 out of 5 stars Kerasal: The fungal toenail treatment that works best for me
Having tried quite a few of the non-prescription, over-the-counter, remedies (Nonyx Gel, Tineacide Cream, Peda Brush on Fungal Nail Renew, etc.) for fungal nails - especially toenails, I have so far found this European product, Kerasal, to clearly be the most effective one.

Published 20 months ago by Wood B. Hermit

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a cure for fungus, BUT...
Published 11 months ago by JCarl

4.0 out of 5 stars Kerasal: The fungal toenail treatment that works best for me, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Kerasal Nail Fungal Nail Renewal Treatment, 10ml (Health and Beauty)

Just like it says on the packaging, you really do start to see some notable improvement in about two weeks time and things just keep getting better from that point on. I am still on my first tube (3-month supply) of Kerasal and I do expect to be applying this preparation for 6 months or so before the final verdict is in.

Compared to the other remedies mentioned above, Kerasal is also more convenient and easier to use since only a single daily application - at night before going to bed - is needed. The other products usually require two daily applications. Furthermore, Kerasal comes in a tube with a handy dandy applicator tip at its end which makes adequately coating your nail(s) with the liquid preparation a very simple task indeed.

To achieve greater success during the fungal nail treatment process it is a good idea to buy one or two steel pedicure/manicure tools made by Body Toolz (such as the Curette Double Angle Nail Cleaner - see my review) that are specifically designed to help in clearing/cleaning out the softened nail debris (keratin) that accumulates behind the nail. This will help future applications of Kerasal or any other medicine to be more effective in achieving the ultimate outcome of once again having fungus-free happy feet.

For extremely thick fungal nails a more radical approach can be effective. This involves mechanically grinding down the especially thick and bothersome fungal nail(s) with a device like the PediNova III Electric Pedicure/Manicure Kit (see my review here on Amazon.com) and its conical attachments on a regular basis until the desired nail thickness is achieved. Individuals preferring a manual means of accomplishing this same task can look into using a Diamancel #3 (coarse) nail file, also available here on Amazon.com.

Applications of Kerasal or any other antifungal nail treatment are then much more likely to be effective. Whatever treatment you do decide to use, it's still bound to be a slow and very time-consuming process overall, but persistence will pay off.

I give this just recently available Swedish/German medicinal preparation for the treatment of fungal nails (a.k.a. Kerasal) 4 out of 5 stars, since as good as it is there is still room for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars dissolves infected part of nail, October 27, 2013
This product appears to work by dissolving the infected part of the toenail, allowing it to be replaced by new, healthy nail.
Bill Donovan MD

5.0 out of 5 stars IT REALLY WORKS!!, October 20, 2012
They said I'd see a difference in two weeks and I have! The discoloration is significantly improved, the nail has softened and the top layer has come off so its not as thick. The one downside is that during this transition period my nail looks worse because my nail is shorter and layered but I can see how it will grow in appearing much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a cure for fungus, BUT..., December 30, 2013
I really wanted this to work as a cure for the mild case of toenail fungus I had. I used it religiously for six months. After six months, the infected area under my toenail actually spread. To be fair, the product does not claim to cure fungus. Read the box.....it is a "nail renewal treatment"....The reason I did not give it one star is because it does a *very good* job of nail renewal. This is a *cosmetic* product. It will make your nails *look better* quickly. It restores a soft, pink, youthful appearance to the nail. It will make your fungal nail look better, too. It just won't kill the fungus. I highly recommend this to people who want good looking toenails. it will counteract age related changes like thickening and discoloration. I also recommend it to you if you have a fungus and are willing to live happily with it but just want the nail to look better (although I can't guarantee the nail won't fall off anyway). After trying two OTC remedies, I am finally moving on to terbinafine. But I will continue to use this product for "nail renewal".

5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous for scary, crusty, yellow toe nails, June 16, 2013
My husband started having problems with his toenails after switching to a job that requires him to wear steel toe shoes. His nails are crusty, yellow, thick, and peeling. After months of trying several over the counter products (and one nail turning black and green) I forced him to go to the doctor. His toenails are so scary that his doctor flinched when he saw them. The doctor immediately wrote him a prescription for Lamisil and told him that might not help enough and he still might have to have the nails removed so the new ones could go grow in normally after the Lamisil. The fact that you have to have your liver monitored to make sure Lamisil isn't causing problems scared him and he made me a deal with me that he could try one more OTC before he went on the prescription.

He is now on the second tube of Kerasal and the change is nothing short of amazing. THIS STUFF WORKS! I wish I had taken before and after pictures because the difference is so dramatic. Although his nails are definitely not normal yet they are so much better. It will take months before the new nails grow in but it looks like they will grow in healthy.

If your nails are really thick you'll need to use a stiff brush or a nail cleaner to scrape the crusty gunk from under your nails as the Kerasal softens them. Once we started doing this and the medicine really started to penetrate the difference was very noticeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, August 10, 2013
This is my fourth week using this for my black nail fungus. The effect is remarkable since the end of the first week, as the color
obviously started to fade away. The nail fell off in the fourth week, but there is a yellowish-brown layer under it. So I am still
applying it every night before going to bed. In addition, I am using this with PediFix FungaSoap every day, which may help
enhance the effect too. But simply put this product is recommendable. I will update my review as long as there are further
results in the future.

Update (9/22): It works slowly but visibly. Simply put, it works by softening the infected skin and nail, which could be then
washed away or easily cleaned off by swabs or clippers. The product says it could take as long as six months to completely
heal the the nail. So I'll keep updating about its effect.

Update (11/24): Visually, the fungus is at least 95% removed. But my nail is now cut to half of the original length. Hope there
won't be any relapse. Will update again when the nail recovers its normal condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars *** WOW!!! This product really works...I'm serious! ***, May 19, 2013
To make a long story short, Ever since I left the military back in 1995, I had developed this nasty (jungle rot)...a military term for a nasty foot nail fungus on my right big toe nail, just underneath the nail. It became worse over the years and I really did not know what to do. In the military you can get bad nail fungus on your feet from wearing those damn combat boots or any boots all the damn time. So it's very important to maintain good care of your feet if you have to ware boots all the time in the course of your job! I hate boots today...I ware lots of sandals and make sure my feet get plenty of air. As the years went by I would try various products, but none really didn't work, until the year 2013, when I bought this product! I was shocked...you will almost see immediate results in (5) days hands down...remember I have had this damn fungus on my toe nail since 1995. The darkness and discoloring is fading away, and the fungus is being killed off. I'm still using the product until it's completely gone and I will file down and pedicure my nails proper. So I speak highly of this product...for the first time since 1995, I feel human again, before I felt like some animal with a nail looking like that on my foot! Currently, my toe nail is turning a nice healthy pink color underneath and is really looking great. I don't have to be embarrassed about wearing open toe sandals anymore. If you have a stubborn nail fungus on your feet please try this product, and practice good foot care health. However, if you have an extreme case then see a doctor. Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars No benefit, June 9, 2014
I bought this based on the reasonable reviews it had received but have used it for about 3 months now, with no noticeable effect. Would return the balance if I could but I'm past the return window. If you have had nail fungus for a while, and it's fairly advanced, save your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars The first product I've used that actually helps.., June 5, 2014
So, I know it's a bit pricey, but after about 2 months of nightly application (on a stubborn and unsightly toenail) it looks substantially healthier. I think that if your nail is thickened and discolored, then definitively file the nail and trim it before and during your use of the product. My nail is looking almost normal (which is really saying something since it was looking pretty gross before).

3.0 out of 5 stars good control, February 1, 2014
R. Tsutsumi "tutaloha" (Northern California, USA) - See all my reviews
this product surpasses others that I've tried for treatment of nail fungus. No more expensive and long lasting. I can trim my toenails now with no problem; leaves the nails softer and manageable. A very good product.

Kerasal Nail Fungal Nail Renewal Treatment, 10ml