5.0 out of 5 stars Worth EVER penny and more! (Bottle has a new look)
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Deity

The maker of this product sells ONLY through salons and I was surprised to find it on Amazon for such as low price. However when
the bottle arrived, I checked against the original packaging from Coppola and found their is no UPC Code and no FDA Lot number marked on the bottom of the container. I am returning this to the seller.
Published 15 months ago by Hosein Asady

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth EVER penny and more! (Bottle has a new look), January 17, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
Sometimes I purchase this from Amazon and sometimes I purchase it from other online suppliers - make sure to do some online research because you can find some really great deals. Keratin Complex has come out with a new look for their products, so don't be alarmed if you receive a bottle that looks totally different than what is pictured. To see the new look, go to keratincomplex dot com.

If you have frizzy, thick curly hair this is the best treatment you can splurge yourself to. It will eliminate about 95% of the curl and frizz. Keratin restores and restructures hair. By infusing (letting product sit and flat ironing it in) the keratin goes deep onto the damaged cuticle and your hair will come out silky smooth and shiny. It also penetrates the hair follicle with a keratinous bond to promote healing. I normally buy the 16 or 32 ounce bottle because I use about 3 to 4 ounces per application since my hair is very dense. It can last up to 3 to 5 months depending on how often you wash your hair. I am not a professional hairdresser and did not want to spend $400 to get this done in a salon. The bottle does NOT come with detailed instructions, just a brief overview printed on it. I was able to find more detailed instructions online.

Instructions as follows:

1. Dry, brittle, over-processed hair should be pre-conditioned prior to treatment. I used the KERATIN COMPLEX VANILLA BEAN DEEP CONDITIONER WITH KERATIN 7 OZ After shampooing my hair and towel drying, I applied the conditioner, put on a plastic cap and sat under a hair dryer for 20 minutes. Rinse only ONCE with a clarifying shampoo.

2. If you are NOT pre-conditioning your hair prior to treatment, you are to shampoo with a clarifying shampoo two times for chemically treated hair, three times for virgin, coarse, resistant or gray hair.

3. Blow dry until your hair is 100% dry.

4. Shake bottle well. Pour 2-3 oz. of Keratin Complex Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment solution into a bowl. The solution will have a watery consistency and brownish in color. Let the solution sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes. I usually let the solution sit while I am blow drying my hair. Using gloves, apply to hair with a brush using 1/2" sections. Keep product away from scalp but try to get it as close as possible. Comb through every section with a fine tooth comb until hair is completely saturated. Do not over saturate the hair, it should not be dripping. If there is any solution collected on the comb, wipe the excess off with a towel. Make sure that the solution is evenly distributed.

5. Place hair in plastic cap such as Diane Processing Caps, 100-pack.

6. For chemically treated or damaged hair, allow hair to absorb solution for 20 minutes. For very resistant, coarse hair, allow hair to absorb solution for 30 minutes.

7. After the solution has absorbed for the specific time period, blow dry hair on medium or high heat with a paddle brush/vent brush until it is 100% dry.

8. With a heat resistant comb, divide hair into 4 to 6 sections depending on length and density of hair.

9. Using a 450 degree flat iron, start at the nape of the neck taking 1/8 inch sections. The sections should be small enough that you should be able to see your hand through the hair. Slowly move the iron from root to ends 5-7 times (7-10 times for extremely curly, coarse hair) infusing the keratin into the hair shaft. For chemically treated or damaged hair reduce heat to 420-430 degrees and pay special attention to not over iron the ends. If you have a heat safe resistance glove such as this: HSI Professional Heat Resistant Glove for Curling and flat iron. Black and red - use it. Your hair will get really, really hot and may burn your hand and fingers.

10. After 3 days or 72 hours, hair should be washed with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. You can pretty much use any conditioner you want since most conditioners do not have sulfrates in them. I suggest Pureology Hydrate Shampoo 8.5oz and Hydrate Conditioner 8.5 oz duo. DO NOT USE clips, handbands, place your hair behind your ears or pull it up in a pony tail during the 72 hours.

Your hair will come out frizz free, extremely shiny and healthier. Blow drying time is cut in half and I normally do not even have to use a flat iron for retouch except for my bangs. When I let my hair dry naturally, my hair comes out with a soft wave that has no frizz. When it is necessary to have the treatment done again, it is applied to the entire head just like before. Build-up of keratin will improve you hair shaft giving lifeless dull hair a healthier feel and shine.

Coppola uses Aldehyde which is a derivative of formaldehyde. My eyes did sting a little bit when I applied the product to the front of my head but it did not cause me to be nauseous or light headed. Using a flat iron on high temperatures can cause evaporation of aldehyde or sulfurous fumes when applied to the hair. Use the product in a well ventilated area.

You can color your hair the same day prior to doing the Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment. It will actually seal in the color, making it last longer. Otherwise, you will have to wait to color your hair 2 weeks after applying the keratin treatment. Just apply the color like you normally do and condition like normal and just the clarifying shampoo once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best smoothing treatment EVER! (Bottle has new look), July 9, 2013

Instructions as follows:

1. Dry, brittle, over-processed hair should be pre-conditioned prior to treatment. I used the COPPOLA by Coppola: KERATIN COMPLEX VANILLA BEAN DEEP CONDITIONER WITH KERATIN After shampooing my hair and towel drying, I applied the conditioner, put on a plastic cap and sat under a hair dryer for 20 minutes. Rinse only ONCE with a clarifying shampoo.

3. Blow dry until your hair is 100% dry.

4. Shake bottle well. Pour 2-3 oz. of Keratin Complex Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment solution into a bowl. Let the solution sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes. I usually let the solution sit while I am blow drying my hair. Using gloves, apply to hair with a brush using 1/2" sections. Keep product away from scalp but try to get it as close as possible. Comb through every section with a fine tooth comb until hair is completely saturated. Do not over saturate the hair, it should not be dripping. If there is any solution collected on the comb, wipe the excess off with a towel. Make sure that the solution is evenly distributed.

5. Place hair in plastic cap such as Diane Processing Caps.

10. After 3 days or 72 hours, hair should be washed with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. You can pretty much use any conditioner you want since most conditioners do not have sulfrates in them. I suggest Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Hydrate Conditioner. DO NOT USE clips, handbands, place your hair behind your ears or pull it up in a pony tail during the 72 hours.

You can color your hair the same day prior to doing the Coppola Keratin Smoothing Treatment. It will actually seal in the color, making it last longer. Otherwise, you will have to wait to color your hair 2 weeks after applying the keratin treatment. Just apply the color like you normally do, I then condition and use the clarifying shampoo once on my hair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Counterfeit product with NO UPC Code and NO FDA Lot Number, July 17, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars RIPOFF, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
Not the real thing. Don't bother.The product is very watered down and it simply does not do what a Keratin treatment is supposed to do. 3 weeks later, I have lots of frizz. I live in Georgia with 100% humidity, so I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best I tried EVER and the watery texture is better than the gooey stuff., December 10, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
I read one of the reviews that said that she returned it cause it was watery.. I understand that probably got the person nervous cause after all this is not a couple of dollars here.. But I tried different brands since I have been using Keratin since 2009.. I used to have it done at the salon, it used to be great then something changed (I guess with the formula the salon used) which used to be a good brand name I think it was called rejuvenex then Frances Coppolla, anyway, I figured it may be the formaldhyde removal or something cause that i learned is what locks the keratin in.. So I used those 2 brands, added formaldhyde to the estimated missing ratio, and I did have some result, better than the salon, but still, my hair had to get too sticky during and after the process, and the result was not as great as when I first started the Keratin in the Salon.
This formula, is AMAZING, the fact that it is not thick I believe, is the reason my hair did not feel gooey like each time I did the keratin, did not look flat right after the treatment. the shine, the bounce was there through the 3days I had to wait, where I can pass my fingers through it flawlessly.. I got the good old results, without having to add Formaldhyde, and more, it didn't have that terrible eye irritating smell..
I want that 'watery' formula apparently it meant more gets absorbed, or perhaps it meant that I didn't have to have the greasy hair look I used to have to put up with when I needed to have this treatment.
will buy again, the bottle I bought is still 2/3 full, which means good for another 8months at least. Unlike the old brands , that stopped being effective for more than a month at best.. No this is it.. go for it, and i hope they don't play with the formula or try to make it sticky to make ppl believe that it is worth it or something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
This is the second time I have ordered this product from Amazon. I have read other reviews about counterfeit merchandise and I know I can trust their source. So reliability is great. Second, the product does what it is meant to do. Leaves your hair relaxed, shiny and in good condition. It needs to be used the way the directions on the back state and it will be fine on the hair. I only retreat my hair every 4 months, and have very thick hair. So this bottle size will last for 3 applications ( 4 if you have normal amount of hair). I used as a touch-up on my hair without using a clarifying shampoo first, and the result was bad with broken ends. This is a strong chemical with alot of formaldehyde. Use it outside, if you can. When used with clarifying shampoo first, you should get great results. I leave it on 1 hour and don't need a cap or hair dryer for processing. It is just dried and ironed in afterwards, so overprocessing is not a problem. It cuts hair time down to 10 minutes a day. Product looks milky-brown in color, so should only be used on dark hair. If you are blond, there is a colorless treatment available. Love this product and will use it continuously. Well worth the expense!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keratin complex smoothing treatment by John Capola, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
makes hair healthier looking and easier to manage. Instructions are easy and results last several months. This product is great for dry and coarse hair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, June 18, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
The item was already opened... I ordered one 16 oz bottle and recieved two small 8 oz bottles. One bottle was opened with no seal and the other looked tampered with. The product was really runny, not a medium thickness like it should be. I'm pretty sure the product didn't take, both my clients were unhappy with the results. And I've been using this product for a couple years now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware -- You Might Not Get Coppola Brand, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
I just received this product and pulled it out of the box. What attracted me to Amazon was the picture of the Coppola brand. However, what they actually sent me was the Keratin Complex brand. I wanted the actual Coppola brand...I thought I was getting what I paid for. The Keratin Complex bottle has cursive writing on it -- "Smoothing Therapy." Below that in regular font it says, "Keratin Complex." Nowhere on this bottle do I see anything about Coppola. Coppola did not remodel their packaging and did not completely remove their name. What I got looks pretty darn cheap if you ask me. HOWEVER, I will be trying it and give it a fair review despite the fact that I've been duped and feel mislead.

1.0 out of 5 stars The product was liquified, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz (Misc.)
I am very dissappointed in this product I was sold bu this seller. When I poured the liquid on the bowl because it appeared watered down. I purchased the same product at a hair show this past April which I still had and when I compare them it was obvious the product was not the same. I don't know why the product was so different. Although I used the product on the front part of my head, and used the remaining product I purchased at the hair show on the back part of my head, I notice the difference in the texture between both. The front part still appears less smoother then the back part. In my opinion I was sold a bad product. I will never purchase from this seller again. Big mistake! Now I'm stuck with this product and want to know if I can even get reimbursed for it.

Keratin Complex Smoothing Treatment - 16 Oz