5.0 out of 5 stars The answer I have been searching for.
I read about this product in a magazine since i have long curly/frizzy hair-and wanted to try it- after seeing pictures with great results. My hairstlyist Used this on me and it smells like a chocolate martini. after flat ironing my hair- it is what i call ASIAN STRAIGHT right out of the shower.
My hair dries in 1/4 of the time too- because the hair follicles are...
Published on April 7, 2010 by A. I. Kemp

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Straight and Very Damaging
Published 23 months ago by World Traveler

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer I have been searching for., April 7, 2010
This review is from: Keratin treatment Kerapremium Original BKT 33.8 fl oz (Misc.)
My hair dries in 1/4 of the time too- because the hair follicles are full of this keratin product- my hair cannot curl or frizz. Its been about a month and its still working beautifully. I used to have to spend an hour straightening my hair- and now i spend 3 min max- going over a few strands that have a bump in them fom a ponytail holder. My hair still still smells faintly of chocolate too.

Im never going to stop using this i swear. I went out in the rain yesterday without an umbrella- and i still looked flawless when i got to work. BEAT THAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., November 27, 2012
Like other reviewers, I switched to this brand recently after having used QOD keratin products in the past. (I did have the treatment done once in a salon, but couldn't fathom paying $300 again for something that washed out after 2 or 3 months!) I think that this Kerapremium bottle is a good deal - I used the QOD bottle for about 10 treatments and still had some remaining when it expired, and I expect that that will be the case with this bottle too.

I agree with an earlier reviewer that the instructions printed on the bottle are not very thorough. It's frustrating to send away for the bottle, wait until it arrives, get set up to do the treatment (and possibly recruit someone to help you apply it), and then read the label and realize that, actually, you don't know exactly how to go about the process. Based on what the company has said, I guess you are supposed to email them to get more detailed instructions, but that adds additional hassle and wait time. So since I have had consistently good results with at-home keratin treatments I'd like to share what I do, in detail. I should note that there was one time when I didn't have a good result with the QOD keratin treatment, and when I was puzzling over what had gone wrong it occurred to me that the bottle's contents may have expired; I checked the bottle's expiration date and, sure enough, it had. (Nothing bad happened to my hair as a result of using the expired product, but it just didn't produce the shiny hair I had anticipated.) This time I'll pay more attention and throw out the remainder after the expiration. You usually have 1-2 years before it expires.

Before I did my first treatment, I ordered a set of supplies from an Amazon dealer; the set is marketed as "The Invisibles" and it is an 8 piece set of products generally used for hair coloring: brushes of various sizes used to apply product, a plastic bowl-like container, etc. I also ordered plastic hairclips that I could use to hold my hair in the sections I need to create in my hair to apply the product; I didn't want to use my everyday hairclips because I didn't want them to get chemical-y. I also had a heat protective glove to use while flatironing my hair during the treatment. (When using the glove, I can still feel the heat through the glove, so I have no idea how anyone flatirons hair at 450 degrees without one.)

For the first couple of treatments, the process took about 2.5 hours, but I have since gotten it down to 2 or a little less. Weirdly, I find that the process is quicker and less of a hassle if I do the whole thing myself, rather than recruiting someone to help and having to explain it to them and show them how to do it. But this might be different if you can recruit someone who is already quite skilled in the application. One consistent problem for me has been creating enough ventilation in the room where I'll be doing my treatment. I have found that the best solution is to set up a fan pointing directly at my face as I work in front of the bathroom mirror, and position the fan so that it blows into a room with at least one window open (or toward your bathroom window if yours actually has one!! :) You will want to have the fan blowing throughout the entire application/blowdrying/flatironing process. I still have found that, even with my fan set-up, I need to plan not to be in the bathroom or my bedroom for about 20 minutes after the treatment, until those areas air out. I always feel guilty about exposing someone else to the heat and the annoyance and the chemicals involved in this process, which is another reason I prefer to do it myself!

To start, I wash my hair three times with a clarifying shampoo. The one that I use is QOD Original Cleanse, but when I finish that I will replace it with something else, probably the Kerapremium clarifying shampoo. I then towel-dry my hair thoroughly, then blowdry until it is almost entirely dry (Do so without using any heat protecting product. That is why I towel-dry as much as possible - I don't want to expose naked hair to much heat). I then dump several tablespoons of the keratin product into the plastic bowl. For reference, my hair comes to mid-back. But I'm not too particular about the amount that I put in the bowl; if I don't have enough, I add more, and if I have any leftover, I put it back in the bottle at the end of the treatment (as long as nothing has come into contact with it to contaminate what's in the bowl, I think that should be fine).

Using the hair clips, I put my hair up into sections, leaving only the section of hair lying directly on the neck un-clipped (this will be the hair you start with for the application). I only use the large brush that came with the hair-coloring kit I ordered, although you might use the smaller one if you find the larger one unwieldy. I would prefer to wear gloves throughout this process because I want to minimize skin contact with the chemicals, but when I do it myself I don't wear them because I need to be able to feel which parts of the hair are wet with the product and which parts I still haven't gotten to yet. I slather on enough to coat the hair, but not enough that it looks/feels soaked. Instructions advise you to leave about 1/2 inch at the roots untouched with the chemicals. I don't slather it on my scalp, but I also do not leave an entire 1/2 inch uncovered. Note that the farther to the root that you go, the less volume your hair will have after you have washed out the treatment (this is a plus for me - I want to minimize volume).

Once I have done my entire head (section by section), I run a comb through it to comb out excess product (I bought a separate comb for this, not my everyday comb/brush) and blowdry it. This is possibly the least pleasant part of the process. It always takes longer for it to dry than I've expected, and the fumes can get bad at this point, especially if ventilation is not ideal. You want to use as little product as possible during the application process so that the blowdrying does not take forever. It takes me about 20 minutes to blowdry it completely.

Once it has dried, I put the heat protective glove on my left hand so that I can use my right hand to flatiron (my heat protective glove came with a hair system I ordered previously, but you can pick one up at a store like Sally's or Ulta or order through Amazon). I bought a flatiron from Babyliss that heats to 450 degrees because my everyday flatiron does not heat up that high, and I wanted to be sure to follow that part of the instructions precisely. (I also didn't want to get the chemicals all over my everyday flatiron, so I was eager to buy a separate one for this process anyway.) I section my hair again using the clips, and start flatironing the hair directly on the neck. I make 7 passes over each section of hair (each section is about 1 inch wide), starting at the roots and working to the ends, not moving the iron too fast but also not lingering while pulling the flatiron through the hair. If the hair makes much of a hissing sound when you apply the heat, it means that the chemicals are not entirely dry, and you should finish blowdrying it completely before you continue to flatiron. Fumes may be significant during the flatironing part too, and you may see a kind of thin white smoke coming off your hair as the heat meets the chemicals on the hair. Be sure to get as close to the roots as you can without burning your scalp. Product slathered on hair that you don't wind up flatironing will be wasted because the product is heat activated.

After flatironing is complete, I wait for about 60 hours before washing my hair. During this time, I am always self conscious about the way my hair looks (matted and dull), but no one else seems to notice. (Still, I do the treatment on a weekend or during a holiday from school.) I plan not to exercise during the two and a half days that I have the treatment in, and I don't spend time in the sun so as not to sweat (water exposure will ruin the treatment). Although I don't put my hair in a ponytail or use hairclips during this time, I do tie a soft, silk scarf around my head when I need to have my hair out of my face, for instance when I am cleaning the house or washing my face. One time when I did the treatment, I realized I didn't have a scarf, so I used an old sweater that I no longer wear: I put it on my head and tied the arms loosely at the back of my head, and that worked as well or better than the scarf. (I tie it so that the bow/knot rests gently on top of the hair, not under the hair, because that would cause the hair to bump up over it and possibly leave a kink in your hair after the treatment has been washed out.) Note that you shouldn't tie your hair with anything for a couple of hours after applying the product because it will still be hot from the flatiron; you want it to be completely cool before tying anything around it, and when you do so, tie it LOOSELY. Also, I avoid showering during the two and a half days because a tiny bit of water seeping through a shower cap would ruin all of my hard work!

I do not enjoy the two "treatment days" as I call them and I am happy when I can finally wash the product out. When I do wash it out, I use my regular shampoo and conditioner, both of which must be salt and sulfate-free to maintain the treatment. I have used different products with good results - Sojourn Moisturizing Shampoo/Conditioner, Pureology Nano Works shampoo/conditioner - but right now I am using Pravana Perfection shampoo/conditioner and it is working well. You will likely be able to feel the results of the treatment even as you wash it out - your hair will feel soft and sleek and smooth! It also should dry in a fraction of the time it did before. I read another reviewer's comment that her hair no longer holds a curl well after the treatment. I have not used a curling iron on mine so I can't speak to that, but when I do use a flatiron to smooth my hair (which only takes about 3 minutes now!), I curve the flatiron under slightly at the ends of the hair, and the hair does seem to hold that slight shape throughout the day.

I have sensitive skin and like to minimize skin contact with the chemicals to avoid the prospect of pimples forming where skin meets hair. As a result, I wash pillowcases/sheets/towels after completing the treatment.

I am happy with the results from this product and hope it is never discontinued. Like another reviewer said, it has changed my life (hair-wise). Before, my hair was poofy and I would have to spend a good deal of time flatironing it just to remove the poofiness. Every stylist I ever had said, "Wow, you have a lot of hair!" when I sat down in the styling chair. Now, the stylist only comments on how sleek, shiny, and healthy my hair looks. I do make sacrifices though: I don't go swimming (and if I do I wear a swimcap) and I don't go in the ocean, and if I am in a hot tub I tie my hair up so that it does not come into contact with the water. Also, as you read in my review, there are additional "hidden" expenses besides just the bottle of product: product-application products, glove, clips, a special flatiron, clarifying shampoo, salt and sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, etc. All of the expenses do add up. Still, considering the results, for me, it's a small price to pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product!!!!, January 26, 2011
Let me say I was very skeptical about this product. I have extremely thick/coarse dark brown (I'm' part Italian) mid back length (also a bit wavy) hair that is bleached platinum blond, I have a some damage from the bleaching as well. My first concern was whether this product was authentic or not. I found that this company (Keratin4u) is legit. They are listed as a distributor on the QOD Brazil website. My second concern was how well the product would work, and if it was really worth the $200.00 price tag. Let me tell you I just washed my hair after having the treatment sit on my hair for 3 days and it is amazing to say the least! To start from the beginning I would recommend doing plenty of research on how to apply the product properly before you even consider doing this on your own. I started off by shampooing with Neutrogena anti residue shampoo 2 times with no conditioner. Dried my hair very carefully, then used a color brush and bowl to apply the Keratin section by section. You do not need much product at all, I combed each section with a fine comb to remove excess product. I must say the only downside was the harsh fumes, my eyes and nose burned severely. I did the treatment in a bathroom with an open window and fan blowing, however the end results were worth the burning. You will want to make sure your hair is blown 100% dry after the keratin is applied. I used a Bespoke labs professional flat iron to finish out the hair mine only went up to 410 degrees rather than the 450 degrees some recommend. I didn't wash my hair for 3 full days after the treatment, also no pony tail holders etc. The 3 days were torture, my hair felt sticky and gross (to be expected though)I washed with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, in the shower my hair felt very sleek and smooth when washing. Normally I have the type of hair you have to add a detangler to before you can even run your fingers through it. However this time I added nothing, my hair was knot free and sleek straight out of the shower. My hair generally takes about 40 minutes to blow dry this time only about 20. My hair dried as if I had just been straight from the salon, sleek, no breakage from the blow dryer, totally straight, and super soft. It used to take me at least 30 minutes just to flat iron my hair, now I didn't even need to use it. My hair looks amazing; it is straighter and sleeker than when I would do a full flat iron job. I will buy this product again and again! It is more than worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., August 14, 2010
I was very pleased with this purchase. There are a lot of fakes of this product running around so you do have to be careful who you buy from. Before I made the purchase, I wrote and asked how I would know it was authentic. They wrote back with a link which shows that they are an authorised distributor and when I received the product, they had enclosed a letter assuring the authenticity.

Anyway, that done. The product itself is fab and smells great! Well worth it and it will last you for ages as you only need to use it every once in a while. For me, I'd say every 6 to 8 weeks or so. I can now blow dry my hair without having to straighten it with straightening irons, so my hair is being kept more healthy.

One tip - don't use too much or you will find it almost impossible to blow dry and seal in. Otherwise, fab product, would definitely recommend! Remember to use shampoo that is sulfate and sodium free or you will just end up stripping the product from your hair too soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Straight and Very Damaging, September 6, 2012
I have to agree with the other reviewer about the lack of instructions because the label doesn't bother to state that it should be left on for 2 or 3 days. If you google this product you may find the information and company videos that show the product being shampooed out immediately. This is another very similar product (Lissage treatment)by this company. Do Not Shampoo Out Immediately. If you need help just follow the youtube videos for other BKtreatments.

This product is just like Organix 30 day smoothing treatment. Exact same smell consistency and results. Coppola brand is costlier,runnier and smells much stronger. Everyone's hair is different and your results won't necessarily be the same as anyone elses, but it should at least smooth and soften your hair but the cost is all of the heat damage.

12-08-12-Update:It's been months since the application of this treatment and I'm really unhappy with the long term results. After months of shedding my hair is now limp and lifeless PERMANENTLY. Now I see why so many people complained bitterly about these treatments.All of the brands. I have practically a full bottle left and nobody, especially my friends that have had a keratin treatment want it. I wish I'd never bought this big jug and wasted all that money. Don't bother being a company shirt and marking this comment as unhelpful because I could not possibly care less

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally changed my hair, but beware if you're color-treated..., July 15, 2011
I did my own at-home keratin treatment using QOD Max (they've since renamed the product, but the product is the same) that I purchased from this seller. I assume it's a legitimate seller - on the QOD Brazil website, I did find keratin4u (QOD America) referenced as one of the two approved US sellers (the other is QOD USA), but on the official QOD USA website, it states that QOD USA is the only authorized and legitimate US seller. There is even a warning against purchasing from sellers on Amazon. Seems to be a contradiction there, so who knows. Either way, the product from this seller does work.

As for my treatment, here's my experience: First, I was really worried about the damage the heat would do to my hair. My hair is very damaged due to regular at-home dye jobs and highlights on top of the dye (my hair has a lot of gray, so I have to dye often). My hair is also extremely fine. It's very unruly and frizzy due to having its own weird texture, and because of that, I heat-style daily. Anyway, my point is, it's very dry and damaged - tons of split ends, and feels rather straw-like. SO, the 450 degree temps of the flat iron needed for the keratin treatment freaked me out, especially since, without my realizing right away, my flat iron shut off several times while I went over my keratin-coated hair. That caused me to have to go over the hair strands, making seven passes, all over again! I was just imagining that my hair would be trashed when I was finally able to wash the keratin out several days later. Well, my fears were unfounded. My hair seems to be fine. Better than fine, actually. It seems MUCH healthier than it did before the treatment. It feels like silk and looks pretty amazing actually.

There are a few things I didn't really like about the treatment. First, my eyes did sting a bit as I was doing it - especially while blow drying with the keratin on my hair - OUCH! My poor eyes! I also didn't like the chocolate smell. For three days it smelled like I had chocolate pudding in my hair - not my favorite smell for hair. Fortunately though, after I shampooed, the smell was gone. Phew! And finally, doing this treatment really trashed my color. Granted, I use box-color at home - light ash brown, and I highlight at home on top of that, so maybe salon-colored hair would be different? I don't know. But, while performing the treatment, I could literally see my hair color change to orange at the flat-ironing step. So for three days while I waited to shampoo it out, I had to stare at myself with gross orange hair. I was really nervous about that while waiting to wash...

If this happens to you, or if you're worried about it happening, I was able to fix it pretty easily without ruining the effects of the keratin treatment. I've only shampooed once since my treatment, but I used Pravana Pure Light Sulfate Free shampoo and conditioner, and I actually did my final rinse in a bowl of water with Mrs. Stewart's Bluing in it (I got all those products from Amazon). Totally took care of the orange. I'm not sure if those products will effect how long the keratin treatment lasts though, so I may update later if I notice that my treatment doesn't last as long as it's supposed to. I probably won't continue using the Pravana products - I'll switch to one of the recommended sulfate/salt free shampoos/conditioners, but I'll most likely keep rinsing in Mrs. Stewarts (I did that even before my keratin treatment).

One last thing, if you're like me, and you like to shape your hair a bit with a curling iron before you leave the house, the keratin treatment does seem to make it a little harder to do this. Mine now holds a tiny bit of style, but not as much as it used to. You may still be able to get it to work if you use product, but without product, my hair is definitely a bit on the limp side. Don't get me wrong, it looks great as far as hair goes, but the shape of my face requires my hair to have a little shape in order to look most flattering. I was able to achieve that shape most of the way, but I would probably like it if it were a tiny bit less limp.

Update 7/5/12: Just wanted to say that my treatment ended up lasting a good three months. I washed my hair using approved products every two to three days. I'd say that it wasn't completely washed out until about six months post-treatment. At that time I started to notice that my hair had been damaged by the treatment (my new growth was quite a bit less puffy and frazzled than the part that had been previously treated). It was still worth it though. I would definitely go for it again except for the fact that I became really scared after reading about people who experienced hair-loss. I didn't have any hair-loss, but I know that allergies often develop after repeated exposure to an allergen, so I decided I didn't want to take my chances.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think it would work, but it did. And how!, August 18, 2011
"Beach hair" may be in vogue right now but I can tell you the real thing isn't nearly as pretty as the styles contrived in a salon. Although I like the volume and natural wave my hair has, I live in Florida about a mile from the beach and whenever I walk outside my hair just turns into one big, frizzy mess.
Of course, I also thoroughly enjoy abusing my hair with highlights, swimming, sun and just about every styling gadget you can think of-- from seemingly benign elastic bands and bobby pins to super hot blowdryers and styling irons.
When you put that together with one of the hottest, muggiest summers ever you get nothing but frizz, frizz and more frizz.
I ordered this product but really didn't have much faith it could actually de-pouf and de-frizz my long, bushy mane. So, I consider the results nothing short of a miracle! My formerly frizzy hair that felt kind of like Brillo pad on its worst days is now sleek, flat and-- dare I say it?-- SILKY. Amazing!
Here's what to know about this product:

The companies:

- Keratin4u.com did a fantastic job. They shipped the product the same day I ordered it, and carefully packaged it with bubble wrap in a sturdy box. And shipping was free! 5+ stars!
- QOD lists the ingredients on the bottle (which, I'm finding, is not always the case with BKT's) and although there is nothing there that ends in "hyde," a statement on one of their web pages says they will not mislead the consumer by calling it "formaldehyde free." I liked the integrity of the company and I liked that they make a product that actually works!

The procedure:
- Easy and simple but directions should be followed exactly. One caveat with QOD is that the directions on the bottle are not as thorough as you can find on the web or youtube. I let them slide star-wise on this b/c I think the product as packaged may be intended for salon pros who, ideally, have already been trained in the procedure.
- Applying the solution with a brush was much faster than I thought it would be. I wore gloves and worked the treatment into my hair after brushing. The one thing you don't want to do is over-saturate the hair because it must be blow-dried and it will take forever to dry if you do. And at this price, you don't want to waste the product, either!
- Blowdrying took much longer than I thought. Also, I didn't realize until afterwards that it's recommended the hair be dried at medium temp. My dryer gets pretty hot and at one point there was a little "poof!" sound and a tiny cloud came off my hair-- and a moment of panic as I thought I had caught my hair on fire. Thankfully, I didn't, nor was it even slightly burned. I think the active ingredient was just responding to the high heat which would have been better left to the flatiron.
- Flatironing was easy enough except I wish I would have had a heat glove as my hair got so hot, I burned my fingers. I used a Croc Infrared, that I purchased here from Amazon. I started off with the iron set to 450 but after the first strand became stiff and crunchy (I again panicked for a minute and thought it was going to break off!), a sign that the heat was too high for my fine, damaged hair. So, I turned the heat down to 430. I think the better way would be to start with a lower heat and see how your hair responds, then if it seems alright turn up the heat to 450.
- The 48 hour waiting period was, by far, the most difficult part of the process. I was fantasizing about washing my hair! But I'm so glad I didn't because after the first 24 hours, I noticed my hair looked different-- more compressed somehow. It also didn't feel as greasy so the last 24 hours was much easier to get through.
- The results were worth waiting for. I couldn't believe how changed my hair was! I haven't had flat, non-frizzy hair like this since I was in the 6th grade and lived in the dry clime of SoCal.

A couple of notes:

- I had my hair cut right before I did this procedure and wished I would have waited until afterwards. My long hair is even slightly longer now that it's de-poufed and straight. It's a little too long and I also think the style needs to be adjusted to account for its new texture.
- I have highlights and even though my hair is very prone to turning orange with warm golds, the blond didn't turn with this product. Not even slightly.
- My hair won't hold a curl and I've tried everything. I'm okay with that because when it was frizzing, I could get it to curl beautifully. But then I'd walk out the door and my hair would immediately frizz into an unrecognizable mess, taking out the curls. So, if I have to choose between a frizzy, non-styled mess and flat & silky, I'm going with the latter!

All in all, I think this is a good product that worked as promise. It is seemingly expensive but after I added up all of the products I buy at $10 or $20 each that ultimately don't work, I think it will save me some $$ in the long run, especially since there are several treatments in one bottle. This is great not only because of the value, but because I know I will definitely be doing this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, August 22, 2011
I have used Brazilian Keratin QOD MAX hair reconstructor once so far and am thrilled with the result. I have naturally puffy, wavy hair and this has de-puffed my hair and given it some weight so it's now got the structure I want. I used to use a hair straightener every day not so much to totally straighten my hair, but to de-puff it. That resulted in depuffy but dry and frazzled hair. I'm much happier with the texture and behavior of my hair with this QOD reconstructor.

I researched this product on the QOD website and followed instructions not to wash hair for three days after using. The instructions on the bottle do not mention this. I also followed the QOD website instructions NOT to put it in a ponytail or crimp/constrict it anyway during the three days. My hair felt gunky during those three days but it didn't look bad. In fact my 18-year-old looks-obsessed daughter, who didn't know I had used this product, actually told me my hair looked really good on day three. That is becaused it wasn't it's usual puffy self.

My advice would be pay attention to all the other reviews that say do not over-apply. Remember you are blow drying this stuff into your hair, then hot ironing it in, so if you put a tremendous amount in, it's staying there for three days. I used a hair dye application brush as instructed, but I found this method difficult for long hair - I kept glopping the product on at the roots then trying to brush it through to the ends. More product ended up at the roots than at the ends. I think I'll use plastic gloves and my fingers next time, or a semi-wide tooth comb.

Some reviewers mentioned heavy fumes. I detected cocoa scent, not overwhelming. I turned on the exhause fan and cracked open a window while applying. No problem for me.

I am hooked. At $189 a bottle I thought a while before buying this product, but there are many, many applications in this bottle and the website says it should last three months or so, so for this change in my hair texture, I'll definitely keep using this wonderful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salon results at a fraction of the price, May 10, 2011
I have extremely thick, frizzy, curly hair. Every time I would visit a salon I would be told that my hair is some of the thickest that they've ever worked with.

I had the Brazilian Blowout done at a salon in Los Angeles last year for $250, plus the tip. I loved the results, but not the price tag. I had not even heard about keratin hair treatments until a coworker had one done with great results.

She mentioned that if she could buy the keratin treatment she could probably do it herself for a lot less because the actual procedure is straight forward. I did some research on Amazon, trolling through countless customer reviews because I did not want to throw away close to $200 on something that wouldn't deliver the results I wanted.

I decided on this one and I am glad I did. Each application uses between one and two ounces and this bottle contains 33.8 fluid ounces which means you're getting anywhere between 16 to 32 applications per bottle. You're getting 16 to 32 applications per bottle. The statement needed repeating because you're saving between $4000 and $8000 worth of salon services.

Anyway, this is my interpretation of the instructions on the bottle:
1) I washed and rinsed my hair twice with Neutrogena Shampoo, Anti-ResiDue Formula, 6 Fluid Ounce (175 ml).
2) I towel dried my hair.
3) While wearing non-latex gloves I started to apply the product to my hair using a hair color brush. I grew impatient and kind of deviated from this and instead used my hands to apply the product, taking extra care not to over saturate my hair.
4) I brushed my hair to remove any excess product.
5) I blow dried my hair using a round, soft bristle brush.
6) I used my Farouk CHI 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron to straighten my hair.

I did not wash my hair for three days to allow the product to fully work its wonders on my hair. I use L'Oreal Paris EverPure Smooth Shampoo, 8.5-Fluid Ounce and L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Intense Smoothing Conditioner, 8.5-Fluid Ounce to prevent the keratin from washing out. Avoid sulfate products because they will wash out the keratin. You should also avoid ocean water and swimming pools without a swimming cap because the salt water and chlorine from the pool will also decrease the longevity of the treatment.

It has been about four weeks since I used the treatment and my hair is still pretty much frizz free. Although my hair is still curly, the curls are much more manageable and straightening is much easier. Before I had to use a plethora of products which would leave my hair weighed down and heavy. Now, I don't have to use anything but a simple spray to protect against thermal damage. I can let my hair air dry and then straightener once it's dry, skipping the blow drying step altogether.

Highly recommended for anyone who wants salon results without the salon price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, can't live without, July 23, 2010
Ginger "me" (long island, ny) - See all my reviews
I first bought this product just to try it out since it was so expensive to get a keratin treatment in a salon. I have used this product for more then a year and a half now. I have my cousin do my treatment every 4 months and my hair looks GREAT. It really eliminates the frizz especially on humid and rainy days. Make sure to use the proper shampoo and coniditioner because it actually makes it last for about 4 months. Make sure not to saturate the hair all you need is a little bit. I have done it about 4 or 5 times already and it's only half way done. I would definitely recommend this and well worth it.

Rate and Discover Movies