5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife for the price
Bought this knife and immediately left for Alaska to fish for salmon. Worked like a good knife should. Kept a good edge..
Published on October 15, 2009 by William Leo Heinz

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 21 months ago by Katharine Brennan

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
It is a ten dollar knife. It doesn't matter if it's got the Kershaw name, it's a ten dollar knife. I bought this to replace a Rapala filet knife that was a piece of junk, wouldn't hold an edge and developed burrs all over the blade. I own a Kershaw skyline that is my EDC that I love. This knife is dull out of the box, the tip of the knife is laughably dull. If you are looking for a knife to cut through fish like butter, this is not your knife. If you are looking for a backup knife with an easy to clean sheath that you feel like spending 3 hours sharpening, this may be your knife. I can't speak on the quality of the steel or whether it will hold an edge (once you actually put one on it). The handle is nice, it feels very solid and well balanced in the hand. Out of the box, I would consider it unusable. May as well use a butter knife. Spend more money or you'll be wasting meat.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rust Spots 2 hours after 1st use, July 18, 2012
Ernest Riojas (Stafford, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
Brand new knife used to fillet two freshly caught saltwater trout. Rinsed off blade at the bait house and by the time I got back home 2 hours later to clean my gear about 15 tiny rust lines had appeared on cutting edge of the blade along with one small rust spot on the side. Nice grip but disappointed with the rusting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife for the price, October 15, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy on a good knife, July 26, 2011
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
I bought this 7" Kershaw to replace its 9" big brother as a component of my take-along gear when I go bottom fishing. This is a good -- not great, good -- knife at an excellent price. The rubberized handle give it a solid feel, and the blade holds a good edge that can easily shave the hair on your arm. My only complaint about the knife is that the blade is a bit too narrow, making it overly flexible.

While the 9" Kershaw is of equal quality and feel, I found it too long to the point of being unwieldy, and the extra length amplified the flexible nature of the blade. The 7" is really the perfect length for a general use fillet knife.

4.0 out of 5 stars kershaw fillet, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
Knife is of good construction and quality and price is very good. functional, safe sheath of rubber/plastic comes with. Blade is just right for small to medium fish and steel seems good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful knife, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
Love the blade shape, thickness and ability to hold a sharp edge. The rubberized grip is a big plus when your hands are wet and/or slimy from fish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice handle, Nice case, No edge, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
This is an OK knife. Very nice handle, nice case, OK flex, but this thing wouldn't cut melted butter with the edge that came on it. I didn't expect a $10 knife to be perfect out of the box, but the tip was completely blunt for the first inch and the blade was round. Hopefully with a lot of work it will be a decent knife. Kershaw should be ashamed to sell it in this condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, cuts through fish!, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
I purchased this as a replacement for a wood handled fillet knife that I lost along with my tackle box. My expectations were low due to the low price of this product. I was pleasantly surprised by the sharpness and durability of the knife. It could stand to have a bit more flex in the blade, hence the 4 star rating instead of the 5, but other than that it has performed well for 2 seasons of fishing both salt and fresh water. Overall I would recommend this for purchase, and you won't cry if it is lost as the price is reasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
For what I paid, this is a good knife. Fits well in my hand and performs well in all conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars Good knife., June 23, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade) (Sports)
Very satisfied with my Kershaw fillet knife. My wife is probably going to steal this from me for daily cooking and carving. The only shortcoming is I would like it to be more flexible for filleting smaller fish. Worked great for 10+ pound snapper but proved difficult and wasteful on 6 lb flounder. Also knife tends to fall out of sheath too easily. The sheath need a snap restraint. On the upside, it sharpens quickly and easily and holds edge for adequate sessions.

Kershaw 1257 Fillet Knife (7 inch Blade)
$20.20 $10.60
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies