5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Kershaw
Published 23 months ago by Teeruu

3.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad
Great knife, cuts well, opening action is fantastic. The closing mechanism is a bit more problematic, though. You need to use your fingernail to release the blade lock in a somewhat cumbersome and definitely inelegant way. Would be nice if the release was better designed.
Published on December 15, 2012 by Matteo

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Kershaw, January 21, 2013
According to my husband, "You can never have too many knives or flashlights." This is mind, I decided to make my 2012 Christmas list a no-brainer. I purchased two of these knives plus eight other Kershaw models: they were a hit! The Leek is sleek and compact, available in a smooth or serrated blade, various colors and finishes, and the speed-assist open is a great feature. My sons use these for their everyday carries as the small profile doesn't get in the way. Kershaw offers great customer service and lifetime sharpening if you pay the shipping. It's a great product made by a great company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sleek knife, January 31, 2013
This is my third Leek. I lost the first after a year and bought a replacement. The third was on sale and figured I would get an extra.

I like the knife for the feel and sleekness. It is thin and the action is very smooth. The only con I have is with the blade safety. As time wears on it loosens up. I never use the safety because it was too hard to manipulate since it was on the opposite end of the action and when I needed it in a hurry, it was locked. I just tightened it with a torx in the open position. The mechanics if the assisted blade is very firm and I have not had a single instance of the blade deploying in my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 11, 2013
I have a small collection of knives. This design leaves me speechless.­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­

5.0 out of 5 stars EDC in the USA, January 31, 2013
Great little knife. Well built and holds an edge well. Made in the USA to boot. Excellent blade for every day carry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good knife for the price, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Kershaw Leek Folding Knife (Sports)
This is my wife's second Leek and this model seems to have some upgrades over the older model. The grip scales now have a slightly rougher matte texture as compared to the glossy anodizing on her first one which makes it look a little more modern and seems to provide slightly better grip in wet conditions. The blade steel is apparently a better grade than the 440whatever they used in the past, and the blade is razor sharp. It's one of the sleekest, thinnest, most unobtrusive knives that either she or I have ever carried and she can even get away with pocket carry while wearing the thin fabrics that women's fashions tend toward with little or no printing.

The only downside is that, like the older Leek, the blade is thin and the tip probably rather fragile. They're not utility knives like Benchmades that can handle lots of hard edge impacts and prying, rather they strike me as a blade that was designed to be aesthetically pleasing and excellent at cutting while not screaming KNIFE when carried or used in public like many "tactical" knives would.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, January 11, 2013
Great knife! Good construction, nice finish,free resharpening from factory. Great price.Amazon shipped FAST.
Purchased as a gift and they were quite pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall pretty good, January 8, 2013
Not as sharp or thick of a blade as my other favorite Kershaw knife, but for the price, a great throwaround knife that you wouldn't have to worry about losing as much. Definitely go with the serrated olive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little knife for everyday use!, December 15, 2014
M. Johnson (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Nice slim size fits easily in a pocket, for those times when you don't want the clip to show on the outside of your pocket. It also clips perfectly in that all but useless "coin pocket" found on most 5-pocket jeans. Quickly becoming my favorite knife for everyday use. The slim style comes at the expense of blade thickness, so I'm not sure how much abuse the blade will take, but for light duty use it is great. I have only had it a few weeks, so I can't speak as to how it will hold an edge.

I purchased a T6 torx wrench to change the clip around, since I am used to having a knife ride in my pocket so that it is oriented the correct way in your hand when you pull it out. The Leek comes with the clip installed the other way, such that you have to rotate it 180 degrees to be in the proper orientation for use. With the pocket clip in the factory orientation, I was able to use the tip of my third finger to release the lock one-handed. After reversing the clip, however, I found it more difficult to release the lock button, because of its proximity to the pocket clip screw heads. This effectively made deploying the blade a two-handed operation for me. After trying it both ways, I will probably go back to the factory orientation for the clip and just get used to reversing the knife 180 degrees as I withdraw it from my pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kershaw Leek Assisted Opening Folder knife, July 15, 2014
Kershaw assisted openner "The Leek"...I like the size, the assisted opening and the shape of the blade. I like this size best, I have two other, smaller ones, but always come back to carry the larger one! Pocket clip can be switched around, there is a "safety" to prevent release in the pocket...one of my first "Leek" models I removed it. Never had a accidental opening and it is easier to deploy one handed without pushing the safety off....just my thought...I WOULD NOT go without the safety on the smaller blades, though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Knife, December 5, 2014
Great knife as always from Kershaw! I love that this one has a built in safety which you can use or not use. The safety is a little slide in the handle. To me this feature is great. when you flip it open like all my other Kershaws it flips open lighting fast. The knife came well sharpened. If you are new to Kershaws and considering one, Kershaw is a quality Knife company. I have owned a couple over the years and they have all been great pocket knives and hunting knives. The blades hold a good edge.

Kershaw Leek Folding Knife