5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect EDC !!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:59 Mins
Published on January 9, 2012 by Cyclist01222

3.0 out of 5 stars Volt 2
Too thick for my liking. Opens with evident authority this speed safe system on my example. other than the thickness, practically identical in every dimension to the chill.
Published 15 months ago by Christopher L. Paik Mendez

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect EDC !!, January 9, 2012
Cyclist01222 "Paul" (Williamsburg,VA USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 3:59 Mins

The more Kershaws I acquire the more I appreciate their build quality. There is definitely some QC happening on their Chinese born knives and the Volt 2 is no exception. All fasteners and pivot screws have large, strong heads for positive tool grip and easy adjustments. Bronze washers provide smooth action and minimal blade play... this knife really feels like a tool. It is the perfect size for EDC and the thumb jimping and finger flipper provide excellent grip for possible defensive use. I know, it's on the small side for a tactical player but the capability is still there. The hollow grind 8Cr13MoV is decent quality and takes and holds an edge. Kershaw treats the steel well and it comes very sharp. I would rather the G10 had a finer diamond pattern for better grip but these handles are acceptable.

The speedsafe assisted opening is amazing. The torsion bar system is stronger than I realized and should operate throughout the life of the knife. Just apply some presure on the flipper until the tension is overcome and the torsion bar will throw the blade out with authority... pretty nifty. The tension also holds the knife closed and will not open in your pocket. I recommend this knife!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moneys worth plus, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
In the past 42 years of life (I'm 62} in these United States I have quality, value, and good service go the way of the buggy whip and eight- track tapes-gone forever. Also, "made in china" = cheap crap ( thank you Sam Walton). Then Kershaw Volt II happened. I was given a Kershaw Skyline (nice little knife) for Christmas and a $25 Amazon gift certificate , I thought " What the heck, can't go wrong as in essence it is free".

It arrived from vendor 3 days early ( he must have drove all night to get it to me that fast). Opened shipping envelope. No box like the Skyline, just a blister pack. I thought to myself, "here we go". Got it out of pack and she filled my hand perfectly. Skyline very thin and tends to roll in my hand).. She has the heft that lets you know you she's there and has your back.

I have read reviews that state that Kerhaw's speed safe is hard to manipulate and guys suggest tearing apart and lubeing or going to the gym and doing 5 lb index finger curls to build up muscle. I have arthritis in hands and was dreading my first attempt at opening. To this day I do not know if I touched the flipper or simple thought about it, but she flew open with an authority that said "Lets go".

The liner lock is more stable than any economy currently in existence. No blade movement at all. I have s assisted-opening Buck and to disengage the liner lock takes two hands and a small bar. Even my Skyline takes a fair amount of pressure, so my right thumb was ready for mid-evil style pain, when the liner lock slid over as pretty as you please, no hang up or drag.

The grip, has deep scales that give more traction than studded snow tire. Gimping on top of blade and flipper also insure a death grip any pitbull would be proud to have. Also the grip handles were smooth and fitted. First time I flipped my Skyline open, I cut my index finger. Not on blade, but top edges of handles were razor sharp ( quick fix with some emery cloth).

The pocket clip is not the style you may not want to show off at your local biker bar, but it works.

I have only had knife one week. I read reviews that spring may fail early ( see reviews of Tremor),but even Rolls- Royce quality control is only 99.8%. Maybe I got lucky and was sent the knife they were going to present to Obama (as a going away gift).

Best part, $$$$$$$$$$. Invoice showed Amazon got 15% of the $25 for advertising!!!

I've had alot of fun writing this review, but seriously I found this to be an excellent product and a superb price and I am not an employee/associate of Kershaw or Amazon, etc ( swear on my John Wayne dvd collection).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic EDC knife, February 18, 2011
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
Perfect little EDC folder. What can you say about the speedsafe assisted opening? Fantastic, fast, easy, FUN.
Blade is the Chinese 8Cr13MoV which is a fine steel. Easy to sharpen. Blade shape is great for slicing and piercing. Handle is grippy enough, fits the hand well, and is comfy. The pocket clip is short but adequate, and can be switched between tip up or tip down, right hand only. Liner lock works fine. I highly recommend this knife.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this knife, but quality in mine was lacking slightly, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
This knife has so many pro's... Excellent size and weight for a daily carry option. It is also just barely big enough, with just enough traction and a fast enough deployment, to use as an emergency defensive tool if the need should arise. But let's not kid ourselves, this little baby shines as a daily tool. The handle has great texture and a decent finger groove under the blade, and the blade has a nice ramp with a good textured spine, all of this gives it excellent traction. The finger groove under the blade (where you disengage the liner lock) also has texture, and doubles as a safety measure when the flipper is in the deployed position. If you are holding this knife properly, it is unlikely to fold the blade on your finger even if the lock fails, much more likely to pinch you instead (very preferable). It DOES have a lanyard hole, something sorely missed in some designs. The steel they use here can rust on you if you put it away wet, but is otherwise very nice. It holds a decent edge, and gets razor sharp. It will not hold a razor edge as long as some knives, but you would also have to spend 300% of the price to even START to get to a much better knife than this. The speedsafe deployment is excellent. Quick, easy to deploy, and easy to put away. It also keeps the knife from opening in your pocket or bag. The pocketclip is also a definite work of art. It may look a little weird, but in function it is the best clip I've had on a folding knife. It holds a great grip, can be positioned to either corner or side of the knife, slides easily on and off even a thick pocket, buries DEEP so you don't lose it, and also doesn't seem to intrude outwards and get caught on anything or scratch up my vehicle when reaching into it. It is NOT a pass through design however, making it so-so for food preparation due to difficulty cleaning in the field if you ever need to fold it up while dirty for a moment. But this is a very small caveat, and I use it for food prep anyway, making sure to thoroughly clean it before I ever fold it up. All in all this is an EXCELLENT knife, even at twice the price. At the $25 price tag I bought it for, it is the buy of the century to me.

Now, I left ONE star off of the review... That is because the exact model I got seemed to slip by quality control. I have owned several budget Kershaw knives, and also give them as gifts often, and have gotten awesome blades 99% of the time. However, this one was centered badly enough to rub one side when closing or opening. Also, the lock is never 100% secure with no wiggle either way, until I've tightened the pivot bolt to a point that it is significantly harder to open with the Speedsafe. Finally, after owning this knife for 2 months, the Speedsafe failed on me and no longer works, so I've removed it to continue using it unhindered daily. Kershaw will fix all of these things, I just haven't sent it in yet. Looking forward to getting another $25 gem back from them when I do though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great poduct, March 14, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
This is a great knife, it arrived one day early with a super sharp edge, the pocket clip is reversible for tip up or tip down carry and overall the knife has a good feel in my hand, the knife is a great value and excellent quality for a knife this price, especially for a Chinese blade, I would definitely buy more from this brand

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome knife, March 4, 2013
D (St Louis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
i can't stop playing with this knife. my first knife with assist opening. also the release is on the inside of the handle near where the blade folds. What I found is that this design allows you to open and close it one handed. The little lever also prevents you from closing it on your fingers if you hold it in the palm of your hand and press the release with your thumb, the lever hits your thumb and then you move it out of the way and close the blade the rest of the way. As for the blade itself, you decide what length blade you need, its perfect for me. It also came very sharp. haven't used it in the woods yet, but I have sliced many boxes at home with it.

edit - I like this knife so much that I have bought it a second time (I lost the first one at work somewhere). I'm not brand loyal, and usually I don't buy things more than once but this is such a great knife I had to have another one to replace it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
Fits my hand pretty good (i have medium to large hands). knife comes razor sharp out of the box. the assisted opening works very well and is somewhat menacing (which i like). is a great tool and/or self defense weapon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kershaw Volt II, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
Wow, What a knife. I only have good things to say about this knife. Firstoff, the overall look and ergonomics of this blade are great. My hands are bigger, and it fits and feels perfect. the design on the handle looks real nice i think. The blade is 8cr13mov which seems to be a decent steel. Out of the box, it cuts great and looks good. The spring assist is what really made me love this knife. the new speedsafe spring assist is killer, works great everytime and is FAST. if you want a great edc knife, your looking at it right here. i have nothing negative to say about this great piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kershaw Volt II - Quality EDC knife at value price ..., February 21, 2013
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
When I saw this knife in blister packaging, I thought to myself, this thing must be crap. Well, as the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover. This is one quality knife, regardless of where it's made, China or otherwise. It feels solid, well finished with no rough edges and the speedsafe assist mechanism is top notch. I was worried that since it doesn't have a safety lock like my current EDC, Gerber 22-47161, the blade might deploy accidently. I tried to get the blade to open by repeatedly dropping it on a wooden floor and even banged hard on the finger lever directly but it never did open. It requires a precise, firm directional push on the finger lever for the blade to deploy; therefore, you won't have any surprises happening in your pocket. The liner lock engages smoothly and firmly with virtually no jiggle to the blade.

The blade came very sharp, holds edge well and sharpens easily. While the diamond pattern on the grip could have been more aggresive, it is sufficiently useful and ergonomic and the grip material itself is durable and light weight. Lack of thumb studs makes the form factor more stream-lined. The clip is reversible and while it looks wimpy, it works. I'm impressed with the Kershaw products, including this little knife.

Blade length: 3 inches
Closed length: 4 inches
Open length: 7 1/8 inches

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Value Folder, September 29, 2011
Kevin James (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe (Sports)
The Kershaw Volt II is an awesome little folding knife that is totally worth the money. The assisted opening feature
works flawlessly with a simple flick of the tab. The knife came fairly sharp out of the box and is a decent steel for
the price. The scales, with a triangular pattern, provide sufficient grip and stability when using the knife. The
jimping on the blade also works extremely well and won't allow for your thumb to slip off. I definitely recommend this
to anyone looking for a great value EDC blade.

Kershaw 3650 Volt II Folding Knife with SpeedSafe