5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest and coolest folding knife I've ever seen
Published on November 3, 2010 by Jeddy

1.0 out of 5 stars Great knife - horrible customer service.
Published 5 months ago by Luke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest and coolest folding knife I've ever seen, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Kershaw Pink Leek Knife with 6061-T6 Anodized Pink Aluminum Handle (Sports)
I wanted to buy a knife for a female friend as a gift. She loves things that are pink-colored. So naturally I searched for "pink knife". Lots of crap showed up in the results, as expected, but this Kershaw Leek was in the results and I began reading all the reviews for this knife and Kershaw's other knives. I bought it, and of course had to check it out when it arrived. Forget that it's pink. This is the sharpest gosh-darned blade I've ever handled, short of a scalpal or box-cutter. It easily passed the paper test with only the weight of itself. The handle is a sort of matte-finished metal that is easy to grip, and is ever-so-lightly rough to the touch. There are two ways to open the blade: with the standard thumb-knob, and a small notch on back that you can press and the blade flips right open. I advise using only this notch on the back, and the thumb-knob isn't quite big enough and is positioned just perfectly so when the blade begins to open, it's easy for your thumb to slide into the edge of the blade...something which I do not recommend, considering how bloody sharp the blade is. Long story short, I fully intend on buying one of these (in a non-pink color) for myself. For the price, it's the best folding knife in the world as far as I'm concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Leek is No sissy knife!, September 1, 2010
Well, what can I say about another great Ken Onion design the Kershaw "Leek". I bought the pink color for my wife's EDC knife. She loves it. It's I believe 3/4 ground straight blade. Great thumb assist deploying knife. Good for cutting, slicing, and sharp right out of the box, like all Kershaw knives that I have bought. Think of your wife, go get her a Kershaw Pink Leek.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife For The Wife, August 25, 2011
I try to keep preparedness items around me as much as possible. A knife is one of those items that is typically not needed very often. But, when you do need it, you typically need it very much. I wanted my wife to have an EDC knife that she'd actually carry around. A black tactical looking knife wouldn't do. Because she likes anything that is pink, I figured I'd give this one a shot. It worked! She always carries it in her purse, which gives me some peace of mind.

Regarding the knife, it really is the perfect balance between quality and price. It is super sharp and opens fast and easy.

This is a solid, solid, solid knife. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife from a great company!, August 23, 2010
I don't think I could be any happier with the product or the speedy delivery! It was a great purchase all around! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife, November 10, 2011
I bought this knife to replace my CRKT Heiho as one of my EDC knives and I must say that I am absolutely pleased with this knife. First, it's pink. I like pink. Second, it's razor sharp and easy to keep razor sharp if you clean and maintain the blade after uses. Third, I really like the opening action. The fact that it's a flipper instantly makes me favor it over the Heiho's thumb disk. Also, the assisted opening uses just the right force. On the Heiho, after I open it, I could still feel the torsion bar vibrating and that was kind of annoying. With the Leek there's none of that. The knife just clicks open and locks. And lastly, it's amazingly thin and lightweight.

There are 2 minor things that could be considered cons in my eyes. First is the lack of a deep pocket clip. I really wish this knife had a deep pocket clip available. And I also wanted to carry it tip up, but then even more of the knife is exposed. You can't reverse the clip for lefties, but that doesn't bother me as I'm right handed, but just as a heads up. And second, the tip is really sharp. As in pointy. And I haven't actually tested it and I'm not going to, but it seems like the tip could break easily if you were to accidentally stab/hit a hard object or surface with it. But that's why I also carry a CRKT M16 with a tanto blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, well-made, and sharp, March 6, 2010
nexy jo (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
After an exhaustive search for the perfect pocket knife, I chose the Kershaw Pink Leek Knife with 6061-T6 Anodized Pink Aluminum Handle. It's reasonably priced, well made, light weight, and operates flawlessly. It features a lock which keeps the blade closed, making it safe to carry in ones pocket, purse, or clipped to a belt. It flips open with ease, and locks the blade in place for even the most extreme use. The blade stays sharp through virtually any material requiring cutting. And it features a stylish color and design. I carry it with me every day, and am very pleased with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife!!, April 22, 2014
Quality craftsmanship, quick on the draw, the perfect gift to give a little more edge to your girl out there in the crazy world. Whether she be your girlfriend, wife or daughter she should definitely be proficient with this blade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's girlfriend's knife, April 15, 2014
My son ordered this knife for his girlfriend. He has the exact knife in blue and she loves his, so he ordered a pink one for her. She is thrilled.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great knife - horrible customer service., February 18, 2014
I looked everywhere for a good knife for my wife - trust me, this is it! Kershaw did and excellent job. However, it took me over a MONTH to find that out, because that's when the knife finally arrived at my door. I E-mailed this company several times, asking for updated shipping info (Because there was no tracking - nothing recorded, at least). They have never gotten back to me. This knife took 3 days after it's expected delivery date (Which, again was a MONTH later) to get here.

I recommend the knife. Sadly, I don't recommend you buy it from this company.

This is a fair review, by the way. I have given the company plenty of time to respond, and they haven't said a thing.

I WILL update this as needed, though, so the company still has a chance to redeem themselves!!

5.0 out of 5 stars kershaw leek, February 5, 2014
I have a couple of these really like them. Bought this one for my neice for her bithday, she loves it!
Great transaction, fair price, great seller.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›