5.0 out of 5 stars Works just great, great case
I had one brought down to me in Jamaica, and it is great to fillet fish, chicken. However, get yourself a hand guard for your left hand or be very careful when using -- this baby is sharp! Great case for storage.
Published on April 17, 2009 by TL

The knife arrived in mint condition and it seemed sharp enough.

Published 15 months ago by Will Vasquez

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just great, great case, April 17, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Kershaw Fillet Knife (9 inch blade), April 18, 2011
Bought this Kershaw Knive from amazon.com. I have used it now about six times and each time on about a dozen crappie or bass. It has a great feel to it. Fit's my hand just right and the grip is solid, doesn't slip around. It's very sharp and will slice thru the bones good. So far I haven't sharpened it any. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a excellent fillet knife.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, too bad it got rust on it after two hours of use., August 20, 2013
Will Vasquez (San José, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
The knife arrived in mint condition and it seemed sharp enough.

I took it on a fishing trip and we used it to fillet a couple of tuna, it worked perfectly at the beginning, the problem is that after a couple of hours (we were still on the boat) it started to show RUST! I'm uploading a picture so you can see what I mean, I had never seen something like this, after a couple of hours it just got rust all over it.

At the end of the afternoon (we caught around 8 fish that we filleted) it was kind of dull also, but the main issue is the rust. If I was in USA I'd return it, too bad I brought it to Costa Rica with me and the return would be more expensive than the knife.

3.0 out of 5 stars DULL, August 11, 2012
wow got this and i almost think they forgot to sharpen it. good blade and long really should have been little thinner. but really NEEDS a good sharpening before use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Knife, January 12, 2012
This is a great knife. I love the comfortable, no-slip handle. The blade is very sharp and versatile. It could be used for cutting cuts of meat or filleting all types of fish. The sheath is made out of the same material as the handle and the knife fits very securely in it. Highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw Fillet Knife with Sheath (Sports)
It is a ten dollar knife. It doesn't matter if it's got the Kershaw name, it's a ten dollar knife. I bought this to replace a Rapala filet knife that was a piece of junk, wouldn't hold an edge and developed burrs all over the blade. I own a Kershaw skyline that is my EDC that I love. This knife is dull out of the box, the tip of the knife is laughably dull. If you are looking for a knife to cut through fish like butter, this is not your knife. If you are looking for a backup knife with an easy to clean sheath that you feel like spending 3 hours sharpening, this may be your knife. I can't speak on the quality of the steel or whether it will hold an edge (once you actually put one on it). The handle is nice, it feels very solid and well balanced in the hand. Out of the box, I would consider it unusable. May as well use a butter knife. Spend more money or you'll be wasting meat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Knife, January 29, 2011
I got this knife for Christmas and it is awesome.The sheath is solid plastic, which is great compared to my rapala sheath. The knife its self is wonderful two. It has a nice rubber handle, and a great blade. If you are considering this knife buy it, it is totally worth the money. Also, if you are looking at sharpeners buy a smiths. Here is a link to the one i have [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Rust Spots 2 hours after 1st use, July 18, 2012
Ernest Riojas (Stafford, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kershaw Fillet Knife with Sheath (Sports)
Brand new knife used to fillet two freshly caught saltwater trout. Rinsed off blade at the bait house and by the time I got back home 2 hours later to clean my gear about 15 tiny rust lines had appeared on cutting edge of the blade along with one small rust spot on the side. Nice grip but disappointed with the rusting.

5.0 out of 5 stars kershaw fillet knife, January 24, 2010
Fast shipping and great price. I just wish kershaw knives were still made in Japan instead of China. I really give things a work out on coastal rockfish and stripers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and flexible, October 26, 2010
Flexible blade that is really sharp. Made in Japan and very good quality. I have a set of Shun kitchen knives and love them so I wanted to see if Kershaw carried that quality over to their fillet knives and I'm not disappointed at all.

Kershaw Fillet Knife with Sheath (7-inch Blade)
$20.20 $9.99