5.0 out of 5 stars Fast steel at an incredible price
Published on November 29, 2007 by Nutnfancy

3.0 out of 5 stars great knives.
knife came open in my pocket while working. the tip came through my jeans and ended up slicing open my palm. will never buy an
assisted open knife again. but will continue to purchase other kershaw products, great knives.
Published 3 months ago by russell t. walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast steel at an incredible price, November 29, 2007
I have hundreds of tactical folders to compare this knife to and it stands up superbly. It's build quality is outstanding, opens quickly and easily, quality of the steel is adequate, the blade shape is attractive and useful, the grip is comfortable and much improved over earlier version (they had sand paper, current version has thin rubber inserts), and Kershaw's service and support is perfect.
In my duty use in the military, I have used Blurs for several years and they always impress. For $55 you should buy several and give them as heirloom gifts. Other knives with these features and opening speed, including automatics like Microtech and ProTech, will cost three times as much. A great knife that will last forever with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tactical Magic, August 12, 2009
Fun, cool, outstanding, fast, well built, ok ok I get it on with the review.
Best Tactical folder I own. here's why
Upside;
1. Fastest assisted opener I've seen. A little thumb pressure on the really well crafted thumb studs and "smack". Opens in a "blur".
2. Blade stregth is superb. Arrives sharp, stays sharp, and cuts with ease.
3. Perfect size. Extremely comfertable in the hand.
4. The grip is very good. An almost soft rubbery silicone grip tape along the outside will not allow you to let go.
5. Pre drilled holes for tip up or tip down carry.
6. If you get the Blur with the partially serrated edges, the serrations are wicked sharp.
7. Well built, put it through abuse fella's just don't get stupid with it.

Downside;
1. Thumb jimping is pretty weak, however, the grip tape works.
2. The pocket clip is reallllly tight. Tough to draw from the pocket without bringing your pocket with it.

Overall, I own several, buy it. Its great. It is the one knife I take everyday on duty. I refuse to leave my patrol car without it. Good job Kershaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blur is Superb, July 5, 2007
Scott Leitch (San Marcos, Texas) - See all my reviews
It took me a minute to understand the right way to open this knife, it's not like the Chive or Leek. Once I did, OH YEAH; just push straight forward with your thumb and this thing is Black Lightning. The grip is such that you could hold onto the knife if it was covered in grease. I love all of Ken Onion's designs but this is the best one yet from Kershaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knife, July 14, 2010
I have owned many knives over the years but this one has to be the best. I also own the Leek and Scallion. I would rank them in order with Blur best, Scallion 2nd and Leek 3rd. They are all better than all the other brands I own. The Blur just fits the hand so well and it is big and solid enough to do all the hard outside work I put it through. It holds an edge better than most and I use the clip for money as I don't like it hanging from the clip and can get to it much easier in my pocket. The speed safe on this is great. I have put this knife through it all summer now using it from cutting cabbage, broccoli, and other veggies out of the garden to edging my sidewalk with it, and every other job imaginable. I throw it in the sink with the dishes and wash it along with the rest. I have sharpened it one time and it has held that edge very well. I can't imagine a more useful knife and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife but different than others, October 24, 2009
I have owned several Kershaw folders over many years. There is no question that this knife is a great tool, but just knowing some differences might make it a better fit. The clip holds like crazy! so if you are pulling it in and out of your pocket all day it takes some getting used to. The handle texture is like nothing else I've seen, very unlikely to slip out of your hand. But if you put your hand in your pocket it will rub against and that can be irritating. I like that the point is not as narrow as other Kershaws, way more robust. To reiterate, this review is all positive and this knife will perform in every way. I would buy this knife again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and effective., March 30, 2009
To be honest I was a little taken a back by its size out of the box. This is a serious blade, at first I was really hesitant to wear it in public. I've since gotten use to it. No one has made any comments about it being over the top. This being said, I live in the county side where carrying a large pocket knife is not abnormal.

Two months in, my initial unease has faded. This is a fantastic knife, the grip feels natural and sure, even when wet. It's faster and more reliable than any switch blade could be, and it's legal. It keeps its edge very well, opens perfectly, every time and hypothetically speaking it will do the job if you're ever in a dark alley and need to make a point about the cons of mugging a perfect stranger.*****

It's a beautiful and effective tool, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a larger sized, quick opening pocket knife.

*Two months into owning this knife, I was attacked and put to the ground in a choke hold, when my hand found this knife, you have no idea how relived I was. It opened perfectly and quickly with one hand,
(I was pinned face down) All it took was a minor cut to get the guy off me, I was able to hold him off until help arrived.

For those of you who think it can't happen, be prepared.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, quality knife, July 4, 2009
Shane (Omaha, NE USA) - See all my reviews
Short version: This is the first folder that I've owned that I have no complaints about.

I have owned three other, more expensive folders, one of which was a Boker with a ceramic blade. All of them had flaws. I expected this knife to have flaws as well, but there are none.

The assisted opening action is smooth and authoritative. The handle is rough, almost like Line-x or Rhino Liner truck bed liners. There is no chance it's slipping out of your hand.

The blade is razor sharp, and sturdy. It fits nicely in the handle when folded up so that it's not banging against the body sides.

The thumb studs are ambidextrous, and the pocket clip is tight. There's no falling off of your pants, and it's not sharp so it won't cut into the fabric.

The knife is lightweight, but sturdy. People are shocked when they ask me how much I paid for it and I tell them. This knife will be staying with me for quite a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 9, 2009
I love this knife, and I am so happy I bought it. After I lost my pocket knife, I began looking around for something I liked. I wanted a black knife, with no serated edge, and came across the black blur while looking around on Amazon. I had never heard of the SpeedSafe mechanism before, so had no idea really what it was. I liked the look of the knife though, so bought it.
It is a little larger than most folding knives, but I like the size. For those who have no clue what SpeedSafe is, it is a non-spring opening device inside, which opens your blade faster than you could with your finger. It is awesome, you supply little force on the stub, and it swings open the rest in a blink of an eye.
I highly recommended to anyone! Easy to sharpen, and stays sharp. Use it for hunting, every day life, etc. I carry it everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, but possible inaccurate description, March 23, 2011
Great knife, exceptional quality and performance. The Amazon listing for this knife is not correct, though, unless they are selling older versions of this knife. Throughout production of the Blur, Kershaw has used three different types of steel and has developed a "born on" dating system to show customers which steel was used for their knife. For born on dates past June 2008 (assuming when production began), they used 440A stainless steel. For dates between June 2008 and July 2009, Sandvik 13C26 was used. Anything after July 2009 does not have a date stamp and is made with Sandvik 14C28N. I got this info directly from Kershaw customer service on 3/23/2011. Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife overall, February 5, 2012
This is an excellent knife overall. It opens quickly and as with the "Blur" style, it opens fast and locks into place securely. Definitely an "A+" on the cool factor. The blade is flawless and quite sharp out of the box. This is my second "Blur" style knife and overall I am very pleased with the styling and the functionality of this type of knife. The Kershaw brand is one of the best in consistent quality that I have enountered and many of their knives are made in the USA. This one included.

The only minor issue, and why I only gave it four stars, is the opposing sides of the handle are different shades. The one side is the Olive Drab green that is advertised. The other side is closer to a shade of brown than it is to green. To make sure I was just not seeing things, since my eyesight is not what it used to be, I did show it to a couple other people and they also noticed it. This does not affect the functionality or the cool factor of this knife, it is just a minor annoyance. I am not going to send it back for this, but I think it is something to keep in mind if you decide to order this particular knife.