Kershaw One Ton Folding Knife
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Manual opener; Frame lock locking system
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, Bead-blasted finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 front, 410 back
- Blade Length: 3 1/2 inches; Closed Length: 4 5/8 inches
- Tip up or tip down pocket clip
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Following up: Okay, so I've worked with the knife a bit, and over a couple days the action's loosened up a little. Also, with just a little adjustment in my grip, opening the knife is getting easier. My complaints about the grip are still there, but I'm making adjustments myself to deal.
And it is worth it... I broke down a box the other day after buying a new lawnmower, and decided to try this knife out instead of a box cutter. Holy (insert expletive of choice here), this knife slices like you wouldn't believe. Overall, my review is going to go from a three to a four. That one star is still over the grip, but I'm learning to live with it.
On the plus side, the blade shape is really good for utility tasks, and although it's not a good stabbing shape, it comes in useful. And it's very sharp out of the box.
It's not a bad knife for the money. If you like the blade shape, buy it, but I can't help but think that there are other knifes around this price range that might be easier to deal with.
1. It's super light with only a liner on one side. I don't baton wood with it or anything (well, not often), and I've never had any problem with the overall structure being weak from it's lightness. It really is significantly light for it's strength.
2. The flip open functionality is the fastest and smoothest of all my knives with that style of opening. I take it apart and clean it up from time to time, but it takes a lot to get enough grit in there to slow it down to that point (and I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning/sharpening). Once cleaned, it's fast and smooth again, usually for months of daily use. It's just quick, and I've had more than one person say something like "I thought switchblades were illegal."
3. The blade simply cuts well, and holds an edge. I haven't measured, but it seems the angle of the blade edge is smaller than most other knives out of the box (think razor vs chisel). Even with the more gradual edge, it doesn't dull quickly. I know various alloys have different strengths, and I don't even remember what this one is made of. I've just gone through a few now and love how long it cuts and stays sharp.Read more ›
The improvements will hopefully consist of: 1) Replace the teflon pivot washers with phosphor bronze washers. These washers are found in higher quality knives and provide better slippage. 2) Sand/Polish the blade to a mirror finish in order to eliminate the bead blasting which comes on the blade. 3) Polish the end of the frame lock in order to provide more slippage.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love Kershaw knives. This one is no different. Sharp edge, smooth opening, good price. Reason for the one star off is that having purchased the 1/4 ton and 1/2 ton models I thought... Read morePublished 7 months ago by David R.
Big and awkward just buy one of the Emerson Kershaw they are a lot more normal knife for the same price.Published 11 months ago by jordan howe
Finally got this bad boy in the mail. Packaging was a yellow bubble envelope and inside was the Kershaw box with a general instruction manual for opening folded knives and care. Read morePublished 13 months ago by D.Charriez
was much smaller then it looked online, never buy a knife without holding it in your hand first.Published 13 months ago by joe b
Nicely built, but too big for my taste. Perhaps the half ton would have been more my style. Re-sold it to a friend for the same price I paid, he loves it.Published 13 months ago by Felix T. Rodriguez
Got this knife almost a year ago now daily use I've beat the tar out of this thing and it's stayed shap for about the first four months after that I put a too working edge on it... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Ashton .b
One of the best deals on a big knife out there. Comes in all sizes too.Published 14 months ago by Mary