Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kershaw 1670BLKST Blur Serrated- Black
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Black Serrated|Change
Price:$58.84+ Free shipping

on November 29, 2007
I have hundreds of tactical folders to compare this knife to and it stands up superbly. It's build quality is outstanding, opens quickly and easily, quality of the steel is adequate, the blade shape is attractive and useful, the grip is comfortable and much improved over earlier version (they had sand paper, current version has thin rubber inserts), and Kershaw's service and support is perfect.
In my duty use in the military, I have used Blurs for several years and they always impress. For $55 you should buy several and give them as heirloom gifts. Other knives with these features and opening speed, including automatics like Microtech and ProTech, will cost three times as much. A great knife that will last forever with care.
1818 comments|356 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2009
Fun, cool, outstanding, fast, well built, ok ok I get it on with the review.
Best Tactical folder I own. here's why
Upside;
1. Fastest assisted opener I've seen. A little thumb pressure on the really well crafted thumb studs and "smack". Opens in a "blur".
2. Blade stregth is superb. Arrives sharp, stays sharp, and cuts with ease.
3. Perfect size. Extremely comfertable in the hand.
4. The grip is very good. An almost soft rubbery silicone grip tape along the outside will not allow you to let go.
5. Pre drilled holes for tip up or tip down carry.
6. If you get the Blur with the partially serrated edges, the serrations are wicked sharp.
7. Well built, put it through abuse fella's just don't get stupid with it.

Downside;
1. Thumb jimping is pretty weak, however, the grip tape works.
2. The pocket clip is reallllly tight. Tough to draw from the pocket without bringing your pocket with it.

Overall, I own several, buy it. Its great. It is the one knife I take everyday on duty. I refuse to leave my patrol car without it. Good job Kershaw.
33 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2009
Short version: This is the first folder that I've owned that I have no complaints about.

I have owned three other, more expensive folders, one of which was a Boker with a ceramic blade. All of them had flaws. I expected this knife to have flaws as well, but there are none.

The assisted opening action is smooth and authoritative. The handle is rough, almost like Line-x or Rhino Liner truck bed liners. There is no chance it's slipping out of your hand.

The blade is razor sharp, and sturdy. It fits nicely in the handle when folded up so that it's not banging against the body sides.

The thumb studs are ambidextrous, and the pocket clip is tight. There's no falling off of your pants, and it's not sharp so it won't cut into the fabric.

The knife is lightweight, but sturdy. People are shocked when they ask me how much I paid for it and I tell them. This knife will be staying with me for quite a while!
on July 5, 2007
It took me a minute to understand the right way to open this knife, it's not like the Chive or Leek. Once I did, OH YEAH; just push straight forward with your thumb and this thing is Black Lightning. The grip is such that you could hold onto the knife if it was covered in grease. I love all of Ken Onion's designs but this is the best one yet from Kershaw.
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2009
To be honest I was a little taken a back by its size out of the box. This is a serious blade, at first I was really hesitant to wear it in public. I've since gotten use to it. No one has made any comments about it being over the top. This being said, I live in the county side where carrying a large pocket knife is not abnormal.

Two months in, my initial unease has faded. This is a fantastic knife, the grip feels natural and sure, even when wet. It's faster and more reliable than any switch blade could be, and it's legal. It keeps its edge very well, opens perfectly, every time and hypothetically speaking it will do the job if you're ever in a dark alley and need to make a point about the cons of mugging a perfect stranger.*****

It's a beautiful and effective tool, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a larger sized, quick opening pocket knife.

*Two months into owning this knife, I was attacked and put to the ground in a choke hold, when my hand found this knife, you have no idea how relived I was. It opened perfectly and quickly with one hand,
(I was pinned face down) All it took was a minor cut to get the guy off me, I was able to hold him off until help arrived.

For those of you who think it can't happen, be prepared.
88 comments|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2009
The Kershaw Ken Onion Black Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe (smooth edge) exceeds its product claims. It is an extremely high quality item that can be held securely. With the speed safe design it can be opened VERY fast with one hand without posing any danger to the user even though the blade is extremely sharp. Its all-black design makes it look high-tech, and, as I use the included pocket clip, I frequently don't even realize that I'm carrying it despite its size. My only problem was that I had to move the supplied pocket clip from one end of the knife to the other (I'm left-handed), and I had some trouble locating the T6 (very small) Torx screwdriver to do this with. When I need another knife, I'm looking at the Kershaw product line first, and hopefully last. I have a special sharpener to sharpen it at the correct 20 degree angle:Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 9, 2013
This is my first adventure in the world of the higher quality knives after years of many cheaper knives. I am in the public safety field and purchased the version with the partially serrated blade for an easier time cutting seatbelts, etc. The blur is just the right size for a host of chores or last ditch self defense. Some have mentioned that it is too big for every day carry - I disagree. I've found that the knife sits in my duty pants pocket and jeans pockets just fine. The assisted opening is a very nice feature. I opened it several hundred times and the action seemed to smoothen out to perfection and the function is logical. No worries about the blade opening accidentally even without a safety due to the design. I never did understand why you would purchase an assisted opener for speed and then use a safety which slows the process. The blade came extremely sharp and the blade appears very high quality and able to hold its edge. I initially bought this knife for work, but now carry it when I'm not working as well. I'm not typically a guy to carry a knife everywhere I go, but I've been converted. There has been mention in other reviews about the handle texture. Overall, I like the texture (a plasticy, rubbery cross breed). It provides for a secure grip, but I could see the texture eating one's jeans pocket edge. However, it works nice in tandem with the clip making losing the knife less likely. There is no play in the blade once locked in place. The liner lock is not exotic, but works reliably which is a plus. I would buy this one again for sure. I might even try a couple of the other blade configuations.
review image
on March 23, 2011
Great knife, exceptional quality and performance. The Amazon listing for this knife is not correct, though, unless they are selling older versions of this knife. Throughout production of the Blur, Kershaw has used three different types of steel and has developed a "born on" dating system to show customers which steel was used for their knife. For born on dates past June 2008 (assuming when production began), they used 440A stainless steel. For dates between June 2008 and July 2009, Sandvik 13C26 was used. Anything after July 2009 does not have a date stamp and is made with Sandvik 14C28N. I got this info directly from Kershaw customer service on 3/23/2011. Hope this helps.
99 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2015
Really disappointed I can’t give this knife a 5 star review.

This really is a great knife. Like every other Kershaw knife I own this knife is the highest quality. Everything operates very smooth, looks great, nothing feels loose or cheap. I got 2 of these knifes (I know I have a knife problem). One had a super sharp edge like most Kershaw’s do out of the box, the other not so much. I sharpened the dull one and it took a good edge now.

Here is my big complaint, the knife in the picture is not what they sold me. In the picture the spine on the blade curves into the heel. The knife I got has a straight spine and heel. It doesn’t affect the function of the knife at all its just cosmetic. I included pictures. As a collector I would much prefer the swept spine. Amazon did everything to make this right and offered to left me send it back but I wanted to keep the knife.

This would make a good EDC knife, it is a little bit larger than what I normal like to carry (Kershaw Leek) but still a good size. The re-curve in the blade makes it simple to find the sweet spot when you are cutting. The rubber inserts provide good grip. Pocket clip is good and tight. This knife is almost difficult to get out of my pocket with rubber inserts and how tight the clip is but you don’t have to worry about losing it. The speed safe works great, I wish it had a flipper on the back. I do really like how the angled the thumb studs, makes it easier to flick open with the angle.

I this is a 5 star knife for the price, only reason I am giving it less is because I wanted the one in the picture.
review image
on October 24, 2009
I have owned several Kershaw folders over many years. There is no question that this knife is a great tool, but just knowing some differences might make it a better fit. The clip holds like crazy! so if you are pulling it in and out of your pocket all day it takes some getting used to. The handle texture is like nothing else I've seen, very unlikely to slip out of your hand. But if you put your hand in your pocket it will rub against and that can be irritating. I like that the point is not as narrow as other Kershaws, way more robust. To reiterate, this review is all positive and this knife will perform in every way. I would buy this knife again.