5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried, I wished my Berthas were bigger.
Published 23 months ago by Leslie Marinelli

2.0 out of 5 stars Download a sample first.
After reading the reviews I expected hilarity on par with Tina Fey and Chelsea Lately but a cleaner style of humor focusing on motherhood. Instead what I muddled through was a whiney borefest Perhaps for some (like Robin O'Bryants friends and family) this book was entertaining. For me, I regret not downloading the sample chapters first to see what I was getting into.
Published 9 months ago by LEE REDDING

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried, I wished my Berthas were bigger., August 14, 2012
This review is from: Ketchup Is A Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves (Paperback)
I was stuck on the tarmac at LaGuardia behind 45 planes waiting to take off, worried that I might never see my babies again, when I pulled this book out of my bag and started to read. Maybe I was just hormonal, or missing my three children, or a little nervous about flying (wasn't that the airport that Sully flew out of when he had to land that goose-ambushed plane in the Hudson?!), but I shed my first tear at the author's dedication to her family. Within moments, I found myself laughing so hard that I thought the flight attendant was going to alert the Air Marshal. Y'all, people on the plane were getting nervous about my laughter and tears while I read this book. I am not kidding. Robin O'Bryant makes me want to be a better mother and start calling my vagina a "coo-coo" or a "Britney." And thank God my kids aren't the only ones who walked around holding their own turds...in their HANDS. ("For. The. Love!") I will definitely be sharing this book with all my mama-friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars As funny as it is charming, December 7, 2011
Benjamin T Imig (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
From her Big Berthas to her Britney, Robin O'Bryant is as funny as she is charmingly honest. This book will have the first-time mom crying with relief, and the veteran mom crying with laughter.

--Ann Imig

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Laugh Out Loud Funny, December 1, 2011
I very rarely laugh out loud when I'm reading, and I found myself doing it over and over again as I read this book. It truly paints a view of motherhood that will have you laughing, crying, and nodding your head as you relate to each story. As a mother, it is always such a comfort to be reminded that I'm not the only one who struggles. O'Bryant quickly feels like a friend that you've known your entire life. Every mother of young children should read this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now!, November 30, 2011
I went from no kids to 4 kids in 19 months (triplets happen, people). So when I tell you this book tells it like it IS, you can bet I'm not kidding around. Every best girlfriend, wife, daughter, sister...basically any female who is about to have or has ever had children will love this book. Buy it as a gift, then get a second one for yourself because you're not gonna want to let go of this gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, December 3, 2011
Hilarious & inspiring. I laughed, cried and, most importantly, learned how to treasure the difficult times as a parent. Can't wait to read Robin's next book. A+++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for any mom!, November 30, 2011
I laughed at very single chapter as I envisioned the shenanigans that go on in my own home. Every mom will be able to relate to the stories and sometimes insanity from this little family. I shook my head in agreement with every chapter I read as I found my own stories playing out. A great read with lots of laughs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and wonderful, even if you're not a mom!, December 14, 2011
BUY THIS BOOK!!!! Even if you are not a mom, you will laugh until you can't breathe and even tear up a little. I'm only a college student with no kids, but I loved every second and found myself thinking back to events that are similar to Robin's that took place in my house when I was little. I found myself laughing out loud, smiling ear to ear, and telling my mother, "MOM!! You have to read this book! She sounds just like you!!" Robin is hilarious and will make you pee your pants, but is encouraging and loving at the same time. All moms and anyone even thinking about having kids should read this book! You will laugh, cry, and want to give Robin a big hug at the end.. and I PROMISE you won't regret reading it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't start this book if you have things you need to do!, December 12, 2011
I started just "to glance" through this book on my day off when I had a million things to do....never got around to doing them, b/c I could not put this book down; , kept thinking, "I'll just read one more chapter and stop." What a joke! I put it down after I had read the whole thing, and it was wonderful! Of course, I laughed, cried, smiled, and "remembered" all the way through the book; called my sister, called my daughters to read parts to them. My girls are grown; one just married, the other just engaged, but this book took me right back to those days just like it was yesterday. Life goes by so quickly, and even the good times can be bittersweet. Robin knows we absolutely must enjoy every minute, every stage...even the hard parts, and she provides the humor to get through those tough, wonderful times! Thank you so much, Robin!

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny! Buy this book today!!, November 27, 2011
This book is beyond hilarious! As a mother, I found myself laughing constantly. And at the same time saying "oh thank goodness, I'm not the only one." I can't recommend this book highly enough. I'm not usually a fan of humor, but I couldn't put this one down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down HILARIOUS - this book belongs on your shelf, November 29, 2011
PDiddy Kennedy (Birmingham, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
Honestly, I don't write reviews and I rarely ever read books more than once. But this book deserves the attention. I've read this book more times than I can count in the past few weeks. And it never fails to hit me in the heart... and make me laugh. If you're debating about buying this book, let me tell you now to put it in your cart and click purchase. Or make that purchase two or three copies because I know you have a girlfriend, mother, sister, neighbor or mother-in-law that will want to borrow it. And you won't want it to leave your hands!

Not only is Robin a relentlessly devoted mother, but she has developed into a truly gifted writer. I agree with all the positive reviews... as you follow along with the chapters, you'll realize you're not alone in life's little stumbles as a parent. And with three little girls just itching to carve out their own path in this world, I can't wait to catch up with the O'Bryants and read what happens next... anxiously awaiting Robin's next book!

Ketchup Is A Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves
Ketchup Is A Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves by Robin O'Bryant (Paperback - November 8, 2011)
Used & New from: $1.75