4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Coffee, YAY!
Published on July 11, 2011 by N. Fawcett

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-cupping due to faulty design-
Published on October 8, 2012 by h,s

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Coffee, YAY!, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought this Keurig after I had coffee at my sister's house. The coffee maker I was using at home was your standard traditional one but I found that I kept wasting coffee and then the grounds would go stale. It wasn't a right fit maker for me. So, I bought this Keurig. The machine seems to take a longer time than my sister's (whose was more expensive) but it's fine. The reservoir on the left is handy because it means you don't have to fill up water every time you make a cup. I find that I need two Keurig cups for a full large mug full of coffee but I knew that going in. All in all, if you drink the occasional cup, or want a variety of flavors, I would recommend this one to you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-cupping due to faulty design-, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
These machines are prone to not pumping water and "short-cupping" (delivering too little water into the cup). Keurig likes to tell people they need to descale because that means its a user problem and not a design problem. But using distilled water won't prevent the problem. If it did, a lot of us would be happier--not thrilled but happier. You need to read through all the comments to understand the prob. Keurig has changed the pumps in their design (or changed their pump source and materials) at last 3 times in the last two years but the problem isn't the pumps either; it's the valves.

The most reliable way to unstick the valves is to remove the water tank, unplug the device, hold it upside down over the sink and give it a good whack on the bottom. Really, this works. If you think that's an ok way to operate a device that costs this much, then this machine is for you.

More recently we've heard that Keurig support is telling folks that they cannot get a refund or replacement under warranty anymore because too many machines have been returned. Not honoring warranty? I don't see how that's legal. I can believe they are overwhelmed with returns, but that's the cost of business when you sell a bad design, keep selling it, keep insisting it's just scale build-up, keep refusing to support customers and continue selling the product. I believe they should have had full recall or refund for its customers. I know it sounds like I'm just another ranting reviewer but it really is a awful situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it, but remember to DESCALE the unit!, January 8, 2012
C. E. Gregory (Boonton, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I have had this model for a little over a year and am quite happy with it. It functions well and like any Keurig product is easy to use. I purchased the ecobrew filters since I prefer to grind my own coffee and it is far less expensive. Recently however I was getting very little water despite pushing the button for the larger cup. I had not descaled my machine as I only use water that has come through the Zero Water filter system and the fact that the descale light never came on. I decided to descale anyway and after I did it is back to its normal performance level. Lesson learned - DESCALE AS RECOMMENDED EVEN IF THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought is item and now I am concerned about the increasing cost of k-cups. So I find the solofill on Amazon.com. Great item. Now I use my own coffee and it is .20 per cup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this one!, November 20, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought this brewer because we have one at work that is awesome. This one doesn't brew a large enough cup of coffee. It fills your cup up about to the 1/2 or less mark. The K Cups are too expensive to just get 1/2 cup of coffee! The taste of the coffee in this one is kind of a chemical taste. Not a good cup of coffee at all. Very dissapointed. Now they tell me this is an item that can't be returned either. Ughhh!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept... Horrible Execution, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
At first, my wife and I loved our Keurig and k-cups. The selection of K-cups is amazing and it makes a great cup of coffee - when it works.

Unfortunately, all of our three Keurig coffee makers (B70, B75, and now the "Home Brewer" B44) all started "short cupping" between 6-9 months.

We've had many calls with Keurig's support staff. Eventually, all of our "Home Brewer" units failed irreparably shortly after the 12 month warranty expired. Once you're outside the twelve month window -- they tell you to buy another one. What a scam.

We're done with Keurig and won't purchase another. You just can't trust a company that ignores it's customers complaints about quality and keeps pushing out the same defective product. Just look at the percentage one and two star reviews regarding one of their premium coffee makers like the Keurig B70 (which has been out for a while now). You'll see lots of complaints about quality and failed units.

SUMMARY: You're better off going with a different single cup coffee maker. Search Amazon for B004O0AOMQ, B0041GNZSS, or just use the search terms Single Coffee Maker for alternatives.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny cups of coffee, August 2, 2013
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I'm really surprised the overall rating for this device is as high as it is. My experience has been less than impressive. After owning this Keurig for about 9 months I can say I wish I didn't get rid of my $25 Mr Coffee. The nice thing about the cheap Mr. Coffee I had was that it worked consistently without tons of fuss or maintenance and that it achieved the primary goal of actually brewing coffee.

After very few uses the Keurig started producing less and less coffee each time to the point of having to run 4-5 large cup cycles to get one normal size cup of coffee. After researching the issue we found that the Keurig needs to be periodically de-scaled using vinegar. This corrects the problem, however we barely get through another tank of water before it starts to take 4-5 cycles to brew 1 cup of coffee again. While our water may be hard, I don't think it's that bad. We have never had issues with any other brewing devices like this. In talking with a co-worker I found that I was not alone in this experience. He went through 3 Keurig coffee makers in a year before just getting rid of it and going back to a standard coffee maker. That is probably not too far off for me.

Well, for me it's back to brewing more stinky vinegar tonight so I can have a cup of coffee in the morning.

To Mr. Coffee, I'm sorry I threw you away. Please forgive me.

1.0 out of 5 stars great when works, died after 6 months, useless!, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I love it when it worked for the first 6 months. Woke up one morning, dead! Never to be used again, too much to spend for 6 months of use. Useless, do not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money..poorly made product. Will not last, March 9, 2012
Bruce Mitchell (Eastern Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
Makes great coffee for about 4 months. Cheaply made product. All pipes inside are cheap plastic. Even a $25 Mr Coffee has copper water pipes in it to carry the 190 degree water but not Keurig....all plastic water lines. Heat plugs the lines up in 3 to 4 months. Piece of cheap junk made to look pretty. Save your money

2.0 out of 5 stars When it works, its great., April 26, 2011
Philip Arnold Ross (Newkirk, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
We have had it less than three months. We have to descale about once a week. Our water has 1 gram of hardness. Almost perfect. They have sent new water reservoir (which by the way Keurig has great help line). But, honestly for the money the Mr. Coffee is better. You just have to add the water each time. But it works each time. It is very hard to get a consistent full cup of coffee out of this Keurig machine.

Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer
$125.07 $119.95
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.