4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Coffee, YAY!
Published on July 11, 2011 by N. Fawcett

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-cupping due to faulty design-
Published 21 months ago by sh

4.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Coffee, YAY!, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought this Keurig after I had coffee at my sister's house. The coffee maker I was using at home was your standard traditional one but I found that I kept wasting coffee and then the grounds would go stale. It wasn't a right fit maker for me. So, I bought this Keurig. The machine seems to take a longer time than my sister's (whose was more expensive) but it's fine. The reservoir on the left is handy because it means you don't have to fill up water every time you make a cup. I find that I need two Keurig cups for a full large mug full of coffee but I knew that going in. All in all, if you drink the occasional cup, or want a variety of flavors, I would recommend this one to you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-cupping due to faulty design-, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
These machines are prone to not pumping water and "short-cupping" (delivering too little water into the cup). Keurig likes to tell people they need to descale because that means its a user problem and not a design problem. But using distilled water won't prevent the problem. If it did, a lot of us would be happier--not thrilled but happier. You need to read through all the comments to understand the prob. Keurig has changed the pumps in their design (or changed their pump source and materials) at last 3 times in the last two years but the problem isn't the pumps either; it's the valves.

The most reliable way to unstick the valves is to remove the water tank, unplug the device, hold it upside down over the sink and give it a good whack on the bottom. Really, this works. If you think that's an ok way to operate a device that costs this much, then this machine is for you.

More recently we've heard that Keurig support is telling folks that they cannot get a refund or replacement under warranty anymore because too many machines have been returned. Not honoring warranty? I don't see how that's legal. I can believe they are overwhelmed with returns, but that's the cost of business when you sell a bad design, keep selling it, keep insisting it's just scale build-up, keep refusing to support customers and continue selling the product. I believe they should have had full recall or refund for its customers. I know it sounds like I'm just another ranting reviewer but it really is a awful situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it, but remember to DESCALE the unit!, January 8, 2012
C. E. Gregory (Boonton, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I have had this model for a little over a year and am quite happy with it. It functions well and like any Keurig product is easy to use. I purchased the ecobrew filters since I prefer to grind my own coffee and it is far less expensive. Recently however I was getting very little water despite pushing the button for the larger cup. I had not descaled my machine as I only use water that has come through the Zero Water filter system and the fact that the descale light never came on. I decided to descale anyway and after I did it is back to its normal performance level. Lesson learned - DESCALE AS RECOMMENDED EVEN IF THE LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought is item and now I am concerned about the increasing cost of k-cups. So I find the solofill on Amazon.com. Great item. Now I use my own coffee and it is .20 per cup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this one!, November 20, 2011
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I bought this brewer because we have one at work that is awesome. This one doesn't brew a large enough cup of coffee. It fills your cup up about to the 1/2 or less mark. The K Cups are too expensive to just get 1/2 cup of coffee! The taste of the coffee in this one is kind of a chemical taste. Not a good cup of coffee at all. Very dissapointed. Now they tell me this is an item that can't be returned either. Ughhh!!

1.0 out of 5 stars great when works, died after 6 months, useless!, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
I love it when it worked for the first 6 months. Woke up one morning, dead! Never to be used again, too much to spend for 6 months of use. Useless, do not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept... Horrible Execution, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
At first, my wife and I loved our Keurig and k-cups. The selection of K-cups is amazing and it makes a great cup of coffee - when it works.

Unfortunately, all of our three Keurig coffee makers (B70, B75, and now the "Home Brewer" B44) all started "short cupping" between 6-9 months.

We've had many calls with Keurig's support staff. Eventually, all of our "Home Brewer" units failed irreparably shortly after the 12 month warranty expired. Once you're outside the twelve month window -- they tell you to buy another one. What a scam.

We're done with Keurig and won't purchase another. You just can't trust a company that ignores it's customers complaints about quality and keeps pushing out the same defective product. Just look at the percentage one and two star reviews regarding one of their premium coffee makers like the Keurig B70 (which has been out for a while now). You'll see lots of complaints about quality and failed units.

SUMMARY: You're better off going with a different single cup coffee maker. Search Amazon for B004O0AOMQ, B0041GNZSS, or just use the search terms Single Coffee Maker for alternatives.

1.0 out of 5 stars Update: Don't love it so much anymore, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
Final update on this pot I've had for less than six months - it's been replaced under warranty because of the "short-cupping" and weird electrical problems that left the small cup & fill lights blinking almost constantly. You could do a weird little routine of hit the small cup button three times, then power off, then power back on, which would bring me to the "ready to brew" lights being lit as expected. Then it may brew a cup, or maybe a tablespoon, in which case I'd have to repeat the whole process. It really was absurd.

But what's worse is the WORST customer service I've ever rec'd on an item. Ever. Period. I called, the CSR asked if I'd cleaned the tank recently (I had) and if I'd done the whole "clean the holes with a paper clip" routine, which I had. (I'd become something of an expert on manipulating my finicky brewer into believing it could provide me with coffee.) She said "I'd like to go through some troubleshooting steps with you..." and I told her I'd prefer to have a replacement sent (this brewer and I were so over each other and it was time to end our relationship) as I didn't think troubleshooting was going to fix the weird electrical issue. I could tell she wasn't pleased, but didn't realize she'd taken it personally until a few days passed and though she'd stated a replacement was being sent, repeated back all of my shipping info, told me to expect a shipping email the next day, et cetera, I realized no email had been rec'd.

So I emailed customer support. No reply within about 30 hours so I called... and a truly lovely CSR, Shalonda, informed me that there was no order on file - the first CSR had completely bs'd me through that whole conversation. Nice, huh?

The good news is that a replacement has been rec'd (not the same model, incidentally, it's the "B40 Elite") and I'm back in a happy brewer relationship. For as long as it lasts.

Edited to add: those of you who don't find this review helpful? Your agenda is showing, and it's not pretty.

2.0 out of 5 stars When it works, its great., April 26, 2011
Philip Arnold Ross (Newkirk, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
We have had it less than three months. We have to descale about once a week. Our water has 1 gram of hardness. Almost perfect. They have sent new water reservoir (which by the way Keurig has great help line). But, honestly for the money the Mr. Coffee is better. You just have to add the water each time. But it works each time. It is very hard to get a consistent full cup of coffee out of this Keurig machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money..poorly made product. Will not last, March 9, 2012
Bruce Mitchell (Eastern Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer (Kitchen)
Makes great coffee for about 4 months. Cheaply made product. All pipes inside are cheap plastic. Even a $25 Mr Coffee has copper water pipes in it to carry the 190 degree water but not Keurig....all plastic water lines. Heat plugs the lines up in 3 to 4 months. Piece of cheap junk made to look pretty. Save your money

Keurig K-Cup Home Brewer
$127.98
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies