2,232 Reviews

3,384 of 3,458 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best single-serve coffee maker out there, November 15, 2005
The Mad Hatter (Pennsylvania USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
If you're reading this review, you're most likely doing research and trying to decide between the Keurig line (B40,B50,B60), the Tassimo, or the Senseo. Out of those three, the Keurig is the best looking, the most durable, has the best heating and pumping mechanism, and has the largest variety of coffees and teas available. The Tassimo's versatility is tempting, but variety of coffees is lacking, the machine is a first-run model that does not feel as quality as the Keurig (I could barely find a piece of metal in the entire thing), and it cannot be set to warm itself up like the Keurig. The Senseo isn't bad and I may even consider getting it as a second machine, but it is kind of lame how you need two pods to brew an 8 oz cup of coffee. Considering the price of pods that I was looking at, it would outprice both the Keurig and the Tassimo for daily usage.

Between the Keurig models (B40,B50,B60), I spent a lot of time trying to decide and eventually went with the B60, mainly because the B60 is the only model that brews 3 different sizes of coffee--5.25, 7.25, and 9.25oz. The B50, a favorite amongst shoppers, does not offer the 9.25oz size. This large size allows my Oxo travel mug to almost completely fill after using one Extra Bold K-cup. As an added benefit of the B60, you get beautiful blue LEDs behind the display and the water tank, as well as a polished chrome handle and polished chrome outer-ring to the display. It looks very modern and very classy in my otherwise boring kitchen. Highly recommended.

2,027 of 2,086 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Coffeemaker. Period., February 19, 2007
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I bought a Keurig after reading all of the reviews about it. I thought to myself, surely this machine has a lot of hype to live up to.

Not only did it pass the hype test, it did so with flying colors.

Let me just say that if you are doing research on this machine, you will discover that people just rave about it. Review after review say it is worth the investment.

Add this review to that list.

PROS:

It works not just as a coffee maker, there are also tea K-Cups available and it also can be used to heat water in less than 20 seconds. So if you have a tea bag and just want hot water, there is not need to use a kettle. Ever.

You can buy a filter that allows you to place your own GROUND beans in the machine and make your favorite coffee blend.

It is ridiculously easy to use. No paper filters needed. No grinds in the bottom of the cup. No wasting away of drinking coffee in the morning.

KEURIG'S CUSTOMER SERVICE ALONE MAKES THIS A BEST BUY. If you have ANY problems, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Keurig operators are at the ready. I once called then at midnight because I thought I was having an issue setting up the machine. The customer service guy (had a Boston accent) was very nice and answered all my questions. He also registered the machine (it was a "gift"- to myself :-)), so there was no need to mail in the warranty card.

The blue LED lights are the best kept secret about this machine. It is very modern and fits into any kitchen, both during the day and at night.

CONS:

The K-Cups are hard to find in stores. I have only seen Bed Bath and Beyond sell K Cups in the store. 18 k-cups for $10??? That's ridiculous. ENTER AMAZON... They sell 50 K-Cups for $19.00. That is a better deal by FAR. You would be well to do to buy a coffee variety pack so you can see which one is the best for you. You don't want to get stuck with 50 K-cups of a flavor you don't like.

If you are having a group of people over, it's definitely easier to make a 12-cup batch of coffee. Some people may not like having to use 12 K-cups (a K-Cup for each guest). But here's the thing. Every single person will comment on how good their coffee is. You can then show them the Keurig, and it's a great conversation piece.

The B60 is a good compromise among the Keurig models. You can save your money and not spend $30 for a larger water reservoir. So you get a travel mug size of 11.25(?) oz. in the B70. So what? The 9.etc oz. cup size is plenty big for most travel mugs once you mix in the creamer.

Let's be frank. It's expensive. But honestly, the investment is worth it. Trust the reviews about the machine. People are more inclined to write a review if they really love a product or it they really hate a product. Obviously, people love this machine, and for good reason.

It is economical to buy this machine if you hate wasting $2, $3 or $4 at a coffee shop for your coffee in the morning. The per-cup average is about 40 cents, and in the long term, this machine pays itself off.

BOTTOM LINE:

If you're reading this review, you obviously care about what other people think before you spend $100+ on a freaking coffee maker. Don't worry. I was in your shoes. But there is a peace of mind that comes along knowing that you made the right choice. Do as much research as you can and get as many opinions as you can. But just remember that thousands of satisfied Keurig customers can't be wrong.

Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Coffee Maker, November 5, 2005
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
Finally, I found the easy - no clean up - fast coffee maker that I need for my busy lifestyle. The k-pods are awesome - I use it for coffee and tea, it's so easy. Just put in the k-pod - push a button and you have your beverage. Great taste - no fuss - no mess or a chance of an exploding pod - a great size water reserve and a cool look. I've bought so many coffee makers over the years and I finally found a keeper.

One thing - you can't make a pot - but this machine is ready for the next cup in 30 seconds (fast) and my guest love choosing their favorite flavor, (there are so many to choose from) so I haven't missed the pot at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite kitchen appliance! No complaints!, February 8, 2006
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I purchased this machine from Williams-Sonoma and it did come with the "My K-Cup" personal ground coffee filter. I experimented in every way possible as soon as I took it out of the package. The pods work great, but I was skeptical at first about the more "economical" alternative---using the "my k-cup" filter with regular ground coffee. Well, I tried it...and it was excellent. The manual suggests using 2 tbs. of ground coffe in the filter (which IS marked at 1 tbs. and at 2 tbs.) and holds up to 2.7 tbs. to give you room to play if you like stronger coffee. I filled the filter all the way to the top and brewed 2 medium sized cups in a row....both were perfect.

The machine also does hot water, of course, for tea and hot chocolate....but I tried to take it a step further by placing a regular tea bag (minus the string and tag) into the chamber...and it brewed perfectly. So, loose tea in the "my k-cup" filter would also turn out great, I'm sure.

All in all, this is truly a QUICK, versatile, SUPERB coffee machine. Great for myself, who enjoys decaf and tea, and also for my husband who prefers strong as strong can get. He can have his cup, then I can have mine right after. No mess....no cleaning (except for having to clean the my k-cup filter, which is a breeze), and MANY options from a small, simple machine. Well worth the money. I can't wait to use it when I have guests....that way everyone can have exactly whatever kind of coffee or tea they want and without a wait!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Maker! Keurig Website Needs Improvement....., April 7, 2006
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I decided to try the Keurig B-60 even though I had had a less than favorable experience with a "pod" type machine a while back. I tried the Melitta One:One machine in summer of 2004 and used it for about 6 months and it made ok coffee; the dark roast was actually pretty good but the lack of variety just bored me to death and the fact that the pods available in my local store didn't have freshness dates on them and over a 6 month period all seemed to have the same batch number. Then my store stopped carrying the pods altogether and I shelved the pod machine and wrote it off as a passing "fad". Recently I found some literature from a party I attended in 2003 where they had a commercial Keurig machine and remembered how good and easy to make the Keurign K-cups were and decided to research on the web. All the reviews seemed to be favorable and I was quite impressed with the variety of coffees available and also the fact the you can use the My-K_cup filter to use your own coffee. I ordered the unit from Amazon and am I glad I did! First of all I received a $25.00 discount and Amazon shipped via priority mail and the unit arrived in less than 2-days. It was easy to set up and I was brewing coffee within minutes. The coffee is delicious! Out of the 18 cup variety pack, I found only one brand that I didn't care for but that is just personal taste. The coffee is so much better than the Melitta pod unit. If you have tried other pod units and decided to give up on the idea as I had, I suggest you try the Keurig. I am sure you won't be disappointed. A couple of points however. The B-60 costs twice as much as the B-40 and I wonder if the blue backlighting and the ability to brew at different temperature ranges are truly worth the extra expense. It can be adjusted between 192 Degrees (the factory default setting) and 187 degrees in one degree increments. I personally probably will just leave it at the factory setting so didn't need that feature. The B-60 also gives you a third cup size and that is the travel mug size. Again, if you like your coffee weaker (more water) or if you routinely use a travel mug this might be worth it for you but from what I've read most people agree with me that it makes the best coffee at the medium cup setting, especially if you add milk or cream to your coffee. I'd give the B-60 5 stars but give it 4 stars because of Keurig's website itself. I ordered four- 25 count boxes of assorted K-cups from Keurig on the same day I ordered my B-60 from Amazon so that I would be sure to have a ready supply. The order totalled nearly $60.00 and Keurig promptly lost my order. Even though they don't warn you on the website as you are completing your order that if you want to ship to a P.O. box you will lose the ability to track your order and it will take 14 business days to arrive, that is exactly what will happen. It is now over 2 weeks and still no coffee. I had to go to a local department store that carries Keurig and pay full retail "gouge" prices for a supply of K-cups to get me by. Come on Keurig, spend the extra buck or two to ship large orders of K-cups via priority mail like amazon does. My brewer shipped to my P.O. box no problem. If you ship to a street address it is supposed to come UPS so you probably won't have the problem I did but since I did have the hassle I give it a 4 star rating.
****Update**** My coffee arrived this afternoon from Keurig and all I can say is that you simply have to try the Timothy's Mocha Java K-cups. Outstanding! In my opinion it was worth waiting for and has completely redeemed Keurig for their P.O. Box shipping policy. They offered me 2 free 5-packs of K-cups too. I would change my rating to a 5 star if I could!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont do it, April 17, 2007
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
When we got our first one we were very pleased. In fact we ended up buying 5 more and giving them away as wedding presents and an anniversary present. within about 18 mos ours quit working. within the next few months 3 of the other 5 stopped working. i contacted the mfg and with a large amount of hassle they agreed to sell me another one for $100. we have had the second one for about 14 months and now it has stopped working. the mfg does not stand behind the product line if its over a year. Do not buy this product if you want it to work for more than a year!!! Out of the 7 I have purchased in the last 33 months only one still works!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Owned three- here's my review, November 26, 2008
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I've owned three of these brewers and a few friends also own one. Here's my humble opinion after several years of use:
1. I wish the Kcups were a bit larger so I could make stronger coffee at the larger size. To get around it, I bought the cup that let's me fill with my own coffee. I grind it fine and can get a pretty strong cup- even at 15 ozs.
2. Most people that use the brewer punch the medium followed by the small fill size to make a 15oz. cup. Most seem to like the flavor, but I think it's a bit weak. See point #1.
3. MOST IMPORTANT: Every Keurig coffee maker that I own has failed. Even every one of my friends have all had their's fail. This seems very abnormal- even when we've bought ours years apart (it's not just a bad batch). I've owned these brewers since early 2000 and I just bought another replacement with the same issue. I've had 3 different models- the most recent was a B60. Now I'm trying the Platinum. The problem appears to be with some sort of sensor that fills the cup which seems to wear out quickly. The problem starts: either it only fills half way (compared to what it should do) or it just does not fill at all when pressing the flashing fill button.
to Keurig's defense- they replace it with no questions AS LONG AS IT's UNDER the 1 yr WARRANTY. I buy all my coffee from Keurig and they did not give me a break. I spend approx $75 every three months. That is a bit disappointing.
When I spoke with customer service on my last brewer- they told to expect 3 yrs from the maker. I find this a bit of a problem for a coffee maker that costs $150 (B60 and 70). why do I keep buying it? Because I have all this coffee that will go to waste and when it works- I like it.
4. I use the brewer at home in my home-based business and everyone that uses it- ends up buying one. But, we've ALL had problems with the brewer.

If it was more reliable, I would rate it a 5, but I'm rating it a 2 because of reliability issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a lot better than it should!, August 14, 2007
J. Janssen (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I'm a coffee snob, plain and simple. I have a high end espresso machine, burr grinder, several french presses and an assortment of drip coffee makers along with a wonderful vintage vacuum machine. But, on a recent vacation, the condominium I was staying at came equiped with one of the Keurig machines and there were a few K-containers of assorted blends in the cupboard. Expecting nothing more than ordinary "motel room" coffee, I figured out how to use the Keurig, fired it up, put in a nondescript K-cup of "Columbian" and brewed a small cup while I was getting ready to head out in the morning. I won't say I was shocked, but I was certainly impressed. That cup was significantly better than it should have been given the pre-packaged, pre-ground coffee and the somewhat "gimicky" appeal of the system. I purchased some additional "k-cups" that day from a local store and continued to have easy, no mess morning coffee for the rest of my stay.

When I got back one of the first things I did was investigate the Keurig and I wound up getting a B-60 along with several boxes of K-cup coffees. Is it as good as 100% Blue Mountain in a french press? No, but it is pretty darn good coffee that is consistent from cup to cup with literally no mess. The machine operates pretty much the same way as an auto espresso maker with the K-cup replacing the espresso handle and filter. Hot water from a removable tank is heated and then injected into the K-cup after the machine punctures the cup's top and bottom. On this particular model one can adjust the size of the cup and the temperature of the brew, though this is a rather narrow range. I got the best results from the smallest cup size and a 190 degree temp setting, but LIKE WITH ALL COFFEE MAKERS, BUYING ONLY THE FRESHEST K-CUPS AND USING GOOD QUALITY BOTTLED WATER, will be necessary to get the best results. The bottom line is that one can easily get a good decent cup of coffee in less than a minute (if you leave the machine on all the time) with practically no mess. Do I use it all the time? No, but for a single cup in the middle of the day, or if you only want one or two cups in the morning, it's a simple, no mess fix. I also, got the available permanent filter and have had good success with my own grinds, though you do have to futz with the settings a little.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the initial and ongoing cost over conventional coffee brewing methods. But it does make very good coffee and is clearly superior to most auto drip coffee makers using store bought pre ground coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keurig vs. Nespresso - Who Will Win?, October 19, 2007
Kaleidocherry (Seattle Eastside) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
About 2 months ago we bought a Keurig B60 for my husband. We'd been wasting coffee for years when he would make a potful, drink a cup or 2 and toss the rest. Back in 2002 I got a Nespresso C190 machine because I like the richer flavor of espresso, but he could never get used to it and kept making drip coffee. So over the last 2 months I've had ample opportunity to compare the 2 systems.

Keurig has one gigantic win over the Nespresso, and that's that the K-cups are more readily available and there are more varieties of them. The price is slightly less per cup (at this time, 8 cents less per cup) than Nespresso capsules. Machine-wise the two are similar in their ease of use.

However, the Nespresso has a couple of good points over the Keurig. The K-Cup coffees are bland, like restaurant coffee; the Nespresso drinks are strong and rich. Also, the Nespresso machine lets me make my drink as strong or weak as I like by controlling the amount of water that goes into the cup. My parents like to use the Nespresso and make one capsule in a coffee mug, but I like to use it and make one capsule in a demitasse cup. It also has a frothing cappuccino attachment but we never use that.

Nespresso almost loses this competition because, with their capsules being only available through them, I have to pay shipping. (With the K-Cups I either get them locally or get free shipping from Amazon.) I'd love to be able to pick up capsules at Sur La Table or similar stores.

This comparison comes out almost completely equal. Ultimately it boils down to your taste. For me, I'm willing to suffer the Nespresso hassles because their drinks simply taste better. But my husband is equally willing to put up with the Keurig flavors because of the greater convenience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig & Extra Bold K-Cups = Excellence!, December 26, 2005
B. Spoon (Woodstock, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System (Kitchen)
I wrote a review under the B50 earlier because there was no listing for the B60. Everything below is still accurate. We went out of town for a few days and really missed our coffee maker! We will order the new refillable accessory when it comes out in January, just to have on hand in case we run out of K-Cups one day.

Wonderful way to wake up in the morning!

I couldn't wait until Christmas so my husband got his Keurig for an early Thanksgiving present. It turns out, that this is a great gift for me, too!

I've never been a coffee drinker, but I've been making him coffee for 27 years. He's never complained even though I'm sure his coffee has ranged from too weak, too strong and just plain bitter. When he told me about a friend with a single serve coffee maker that makes every cup fresh and good, I did the research and ordered the Keurig. Since he likes his travel cups, I ordered the Extra Bold Sumatran and Magic K-Cups.

When I gave him the Keurig he was so impressed that he didn't even complain about the price. I was all set to tell him that I made 8 cups of his old drip coffee each day and poured out about half, so this would actually save money. My logic didn't pan out anyway. He is drinking even more coffee now because it is so good!

To fill his travel cup he runs one Extra Bold through twice on the 5 ounce setting and says that it is perfect. Since it is ready all the time, I no longer get up a few minutes early to have his coffee ready for him and he can even enjoy a cup after dinner. The best part is that I've tried the flavored Southern Pecan and French Vanilla coffees and I love them! I thought I would only use it for tea.

Keurig has made us both very happy.

Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System