Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

We have had this reusable filter for about 6 months now. I use it twice a day, my wife uses it a couple of times a week as she also uses the regular K-cups too. I read a lot of negative reviews for this unit and for other models of this reusable coffee filter. To tell you the truth, I am stunned. This is the simplest thing I have in my house and yet people are having issues getting it to work correctly? Really?

Here is how I use it. I fill the basket to the top, place it in the holder, twist the lid on snugly, then put it in the Kuerig and hit the brew button. When the coffee is done I remove the filter, open it over the garbage can, tap out the grinds, then I rinse it under the faucet. I have found that I need to use a sponge on it about every two weeks or so. The filter does clog slightly after two weeks of regular use and then the mesh does not flow as well, which will cause some of the coffee and water to backflow up out of the hole in the top. But washing it with the sponge every once in a while addresses that problem.

I use it as a single use serving. I see some people fill it once then use it for two or even three brewing cycles. Since I am not looking for watered down coffee I only use it once.

There are two great features to this reusable filter. One, it will save you a ton of money over the expensive K-cup refills. Two, you can use any of your favorite coffees or use coffee varieties that do not currently get offered in a K-cup.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
I thought I asked the right questions but I guess not. Now I have this thing I don't know what to do with it. It does not work for the "mini" (which it just the single serve 1 at a time maker)
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2013
great to be able to use my coffee and not be bound to what the store carries in kcups varieties
on December 19, 2013
Can't beat this price! Just used it for the first time, and it worked great. I wouldn't bother buying it for more money because it's the same exact thing people sell and a much higher price. The wife loves it.
on November 14, 2013
Works great, got it for my grandma and she loves it. She loves to use her own coffee and this way she can and doesn't need to get the kcups.
on October 2, 2013
We started using this generic K-cup because of the convenience of having an extra filter when three of us are trying to get a cup of coffee at the same time. We noticed that the generic filter was leaking all over the coffee cup. We found out why. The lid on the generic unit does not fit tightly when the filter basket is placed inside. Our original one fits snuggly and does not leak. Not sure if this was just a fluke on that particular unit or if this is common, but I am reluctant to try another generic replacement filter at this time.
on December 28, 2013
I cannot get a good cup of coffee from using my kcup. Either its too weak or i have grounds in my cup. I have tried Folgers medium roast that i was using before I bought my Keurig. I filled the my kcup up halfway and it was a very weak coffee, i then filled the cup all the way and got grounds in my cup of coffee. Its messy and leaves "caked up" coffee ground inside the filter. I dont like using it at all. I will only use it when i dont have any k cups. Its inconvenient to use and doesnt make a good cup of coffee.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
Works okay. If the coffee you purchase or grind yourself is too fine or like powder it will clog and not get through the screen. The screen has started to fray a bit after normal use and washing, i have been extra gentle with it from the beginning as i thought that might happen. I purchased a similar product at kmart for a good price and use them both just to always have a back up.
on October 25, 2013
because there is NO filter at the top of the basket, the water hits the coffee and oozes out the TOP lid and well, no matter what makes a mess. Really disappointed in performance and taste. I ended up cutting little squares of paper towel to lay over the top of the coffee to keep this from happening.. yeah, I know, should not have to!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I fill it just below the level of the filter with my favorite coffee and it comes out just as good as the packaged cups. It will take a minute between cups as you clean the filter (save the grounds for the garden) and refill the filter, screw on the top and pop it back in the coffee maker. Landfills/recycle have nothing to process.