Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

We have had this reusable filter for about 6 months now. I use it twice a day, my wife uses it a couple of times a week as she also uses the regular K-cups too. I read a lot of negative reviews for this unit and for other models of this reusable coffee filter. To tell you the truth, I am stunned. This is the simplest thing I have in my house and yet people are having issues getting it to work correctly? Really?

Here is how I use it. I fill the basket to the top, place it in the holder, twist the lid on snugly, then put it in the Kuerig and hit the brew button. When the coffee is done I remove the filter, open it over the garbage can, tap out the grinds, then I rinse it under the faucet. I have found that I need to use a sponge on it about every two weeks or so. The filter does clog slightly after two weeks of regular use and then the mesh does not flow as well, which will cause some of the coffee and water to backflow up out of the hole in the top. But washing it with the sponge every once in a while addresses that problem.

I use it as a single use serving. I see some people fill it once then use it for two or even three brewing cycles. Since I am not looking for watered down coffee I only use it once.

There are two great features to this reusable filter. One, it will save you a ton of money over the expensive K-cup refills. Two, you can use any of your favorite coffees or use coffee varieties that do not currently get offered in a K-cup.
on August 10, 2013
I thought I asked the right questions but I guess not. Now I have this thing I don't know what to do with it. It does not work for the "mini" (which it just the single serve 1 at a time maker)
on October 29, 2015
works well, better than buying the throw away filters for it.. i found that i like the actual reusable k cups btter than this beause this sometimes leaks as you have to take parts of your machiene out in order to use it
on December 4, 2014
Works okay. If the coffee you purchase or grind yourself is too fine or like powder it will clog and not get through the screen. The screen has started to fray a bit after normal use and washing, i have been extra gentle with it from the beginning as i thought that might happen. I purchased a similar product at kmart for a good price and use them both just to always have a back up.
on December 1, 2014
Works perfect on my Keurig.

Pro
Easy to clean.
Cheap.
You can use your own bean.

Con
Filter won't filter every single grind.

I'm happy with my purchase. Dropped 1 star due to filter not being filter out all grind.
on December 28, 2013
I cannot get a good cup of coffee from using my kcup. Either its too weak or i have grounds in my cup. I have tried Folgers medium roast that i was using before I bought my Keurig. I filled the my kcup up halfway and it was a very weak coffee, i then filled the cup all the way and got grounds in my cup of coffee. Its messy and leaves "caked up" coffee ground inside the filter. I dont like using it at all. I will only use it when i dont have any k cups. Its inconvenient to use and doesnt make a good cup of coffee.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2014
Makes a mess in the cup not a breeze to clean either. Bought this to try to save money on kcups but I don't really like having sludge in the bottom of my cup so it has sat in the cabinet since the day we bought it. Total waste of money.
on May 25, 2014
This works well to replace the one time use throw away K cups, saves lots of bucks if you are a big coffee drinker, you can even make this better if you use the disposable paper filters inside this, that also makes cleanup easier.
on November 3, 2013
great to be able to use my coffee and not be bound to what the store carries in kcups varieties
on October 25, 2013
because there is NO filter at the top of the basket, the water hits the coffee and oozes out the TOP lid and well, no matter what makes a mess. Really disappointed in performance and taste. I ended up cutting little squares of paper towel to lay over the top of the coffee to keep this from happening.. yeah, I know, should not have to!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse