1,043 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars How Could You Be So Bold
Published on May 18, 2012 by Sky

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good, but it's far from the best.
Don't mean to be the one who rains on the bandwagon (pardon the metaphor crash), but, while it is definitely true what other reviewers have written -- that the coffee is very strong, very thick, and very dark (add in an acid level commensurate with the sludge-factor) -- I don't find the taste all that strong, and taste is important.

True, these K-Cups will...
Published on October 18, 2008 by Paukenwirbel

5.0 out of 5 stars How Could You Be So Bold, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Keurig, Emeril's, Big Easy Bold, K-Cup Packs, 50 Count (Grocery)
After FINALLY purchasing the best coffee maker I've ever had in 40 years of drinking coffee, the hunt was on to find the best tasting coffee to go with it. When it comes to coffee, I suppose that it's really a "to each his or her own" thing. But I've tried 'em all, and out of all the various varieties that are offered here at Amazon, the K-cup that provides the most pleasurable mix of everything that I was looking for in a cup of coffee is undisputedly Emeril's Big Easy Bold.

Nothing beats Emeril's Big Easy Bold. There are plenty of other brands trying to suggest that they're bold. I've tried the "Midnight Magic" brand; I've tried the "Jet Fuel" brand; I've tried the "Donut Shop" brand; I've tried all of the "Extra Bolds"; but the K-cup that really tastes like the jet fuel packed cup of coffee that you get in the best donut shop is Emeril's Big Easy Bold.

What's really cool is that whether you make a small cup or large cup of Emeril's Big Easy Bold, you won't lose the rich flavor. Most Keurig Coffee Makers have at least two buttons that let you choose to make a large or small cup. Some even have three buttons for a large, medium or small. I like a large cup. Some of the other brands noticeably lost some of their flavor as I went from a medium cup to a large...but not the Emeril's.

There is no question here. If you like a darker roast that's full of flavor and packs a punch, you've found the right page here at Amazon. Wake up people, and add this to your cart. Bam!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a good cuppa Joe!, October 6, 2008
Sheryl (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I've had my Keurig for almost a year and have not been happy with the wimpy strength of the K-cups. Emeril's "Big Easy Bold" delivers a good strong cup of coffee. Hooray!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good STRONG coffee, September 25, 2008
We like our coffee dark and this one handles the job. Even when using the 12oz. setting on the coffee maker, this stuff is thick. If you like strong coffee, you can't go wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Could You Be So Bold!, August 10, 2009

What's really cool is that whether you make a small cup or large cup of Emeril's Big Easy Bold, you won't lose the rich flavor. Most Keurig Coffee Maker have at least two buttons that let you choose to make a large or small cup. Some even have three buttons for a large, medium or small. I like a large cup. Some of the other brands noticeably lost some of their flavor as I went from a mediunm cup to a large...but not the Emeril's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big K, May 21, 2009
I have tried most of the K-Cups on the market. This is the only one I've found that you can make (2) medium sized cups of coffee with one K-Cup and it is not weak. I make a traveler cup every morning and it takes (2) mediums on the B-60 brewer to fill it just right. If you plan to make just one medium or large cup it will be just as advertised, "Extra Bold". Great coffee.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good, but it's far from the best., October 18, 2008
Paukenwirbel (the mid-South, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

True, these K-Cups will provide a pleasant-tasting beverage the consistency and color of Louisiana mud, but for taste, one can do a lot better.

Just for kicks, I had K-cups of coffee back-to-back today, one of this type and one of Keurig K-Cup "Mini-Brewers" Newman's Own Organics Extra Bold, which is, unfortunately, sold out at the moment. True, Newman's (RIP) is hardly as dark a roast or as thick a beverage, but the flavor punches through very robustly and is totally superior in the area that counts the most to me -- taste. It's a lot "Bold"er than this brand.

One of my favorite dark roasts is the Coffee People line, even of decafs, which truly bury the "Big Easy Bold" in the taste department, too, even if one drinks the decaf. Diedrich coffees come to mind as well as clear winners.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but I tend to use fewer of the ready-mixed K-Cups brand coffees than employing the Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter and selecting my own brand and grind. My current favorite brand of coffee comes from a pair of small roasting houses in Washington state and Alaska. I keep a couple days' worth ground and ready to put into the Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filters, and there are few pre-packed ground K-Cups that can come anywhere close to the richness of the flavors and choices available if one "rolls one's own."

I've got nothing against Emeril's, and it's a far superior cup of coffee to anything you'll get in most restaurants. But, happily, we can best that effort without trying too hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best K-cup there is!!!, April 28, 2009
A. G. Sinclair (East Bay, California) - See all my reviews
I have tried many varieties of k-cups and this one is by far my favorite. Having said that, this cup of coffee is not for the faint of heart. This is the strongest, boldest cup of coffee I have found. It has almost a burnt flavor that I adore! When this coffee is brewing the aroma is just about Heaven!! If you prefer a more mellow blend I don't think you will like Big Easy too much, but personally I don't like the flavored cups which taste diluted to me. You know you are drinking a strong, flavorful cup of coffee when you pop this in your machine. It will stand up to cream, and is the perfect wake up beverage. I love Coffee People French Roast, and Timothy's Rainforest Espresso, but I have to say they now taste almost ordinary to me after having discovered Big Easy Bold. If you are looking for the boldest, most THERE cup of coffee you have ever prepared, you will not be disappointed, Emeril Rules!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - boldest K-cup available, December 21, 2008
Gary (Connecticut USA) - See all my reviews
In search of the strongest and richest K-cup coffee available, we tried every "bold" and every "dark roast" K-cup made. This is far and away the best. It's rich and strong without tasting burnt - simply put, it's great. We now get the regular and the decaf delivered monthly under the 10% off "subscribe and save" program.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite K-cup yet!, November 2, 2008
Marci M. (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I like a dark roast and a good strong cup of coffee. Big Easy Bold delivers.

After finding so many of the K-cup varieties to be too weak, I went the My K-cup route for a while. Part of the joy of owning a Keurig, though, is not having to deal with the mess and clean-up of loose coffee grounds.

Diedrich's French Roast and Newman's Own are also excellent, but this one is just one tick darker that makes all the difference for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excllent coffee, price was right and so was delvery time., May 11, 2009
I have been drinking this brand of coffee and I found it to be very robust and full of flavor, highly recommend it to someone who like me drinks a strong cup of coffee black.

Rate and Discover Movies