5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig stamped lid AND the real truth about this item
I read a lot of reviews. This item was available at a lower price and as far as I could tell, it differed from the other Keurig K-Cup Replacement in that it was grey and not in the box.

I ordered it based on a review that said it was Keurig stamped on the lid. When it arrived, I discovered that this was indeed the case.

I imagine that this is sold...
Published 20 months ago by Avid Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Just like the one I got with my cruisinart.
Published 20 months ago by Travis Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Keurig stamped lid AND the real truth about this item, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Keurig My K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter Set fits B30 B40 B50 B60 B70 series (Office Product)

I imagine that this is sold at a discounted price because, like perfumes and colognes, it's an "open box" item... meaning no box and no instructions. Fragrances sold that way have a generic box for shipping but no fancy packaging and sometimes no cap.

The bad reviews I've seen on the replacement filters for the Keurig simply do not apply to this Keurig product... probably because it was made by Keurig, for Keurig and meant to be quality that would instill loyalty.

1) Reviews saying the lid pops off --- NOT on this one... it twists a partial turn and locks in place... there is no "popping" off while brewing.

2) Reviews saying the filter is too porous and even coarse coffee grinds come through --- NOT with this filter... you can see for yourself that the filter is extremely tight... not only in the picture, but also in the package when you see it for yourself. It is obvious by looking that a fine grind will work in this filter, and it has for me. The tightness of the filter allows the water to truly be forced through, as it should be.

3) Reviews saying that the filter is ineffective because the sides are mesh instead of just the bottom --- NOT an issue... and anyone who has used a conventional coffee maker and a permanent filter knows that the filters are mesh on the sides with a plastic bottom to hold the mesh in place and keep its shape. You have to have a frame for the mesh in order to use the mesh as a filter. Common sense. Certainly not an issue here.

4) Reviews saying the filter doesn't seat properly --- READ all the reviews from people answering back on that one telling people to remove the insert in the Keurig that is there to hold the K-Cups in place. They also tell you that the insert holds firmly in place, so while it acts like it is not meant to be removed, that it is made to be removed and you can read that in your Keurig manual or contact the company for that same How-To information. It only makes sense that if the filter takes the place of the K-Cup and it is inserted in the grey filter holder, that you would have to remove the Keurig holder in order to properly seat this 3-piece replacement.

When in doubt, and when without, head to the Keurg website for information and support... but TO REMOVE THE KEURIG K-CUP HOLDER INSERT, the manual tells you to grasp the top while pushing the bottom up from underneath. It's a simple as using one finger to push up. Trying to pull it out will make this far harder than it really is; it pushes out easily. Once the holder is out, you will remark, "Wow! This looks just like the replacement filter holder!" Amazingly simple. Works like a charm.

I waited on a Keurig until there was a KEURIG K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter available... because I knew that if Keurig made one, that it would not be the cheaply made junk that so many people have complained about in their reviews.

5-star real deal.... and mine came from WildWin at a great price and shipped IMMEDIATELY! So now I ordered another for the family.

Enjoy with confidence! I am.

Updated 11DEC2012 in response to questions about the filter:
1) To reseat the original K-Cup holder, take notice of the white triangles/arrows that need to be aligned; then, slip that side's clip in first... it's easier to get it to lock in place due to simple physics... when you try to push down on that side last, then you discover that your force is also trying to close the whole holder/basket.
2) Some people say the coffee basket in this replacement is smaller than the K-cups and holds less coffee -- NO, it does not hold less coffee, even though it is smaller than the K-cups... the reason is easily apparent if you take a K-cup apart. Inside of a K-cup is a small paper filter that is "glued" to the top; once removed, you'll realize that it does NOT extend to the bottom... and in fact, holds the same amount of coffee as the replacement filter cup.
3) People comment that the filter should only have a mesh bottom like the K-cups -- this is incorrect because, again, upon opening a K-cup, you'll find a full paper filter, so the coffee only drains from the bottom of the plastic cup... and the plastic cup is there to keep the coffee fresh -- how else could you mimic a paper filter with coffee in a traditional pot, in a single serving, AND keep it fresh??
4) People comment that the coffee grinds spill over -- impossible with the Keurig replacement because the rim of the coffee filter sit ON TOP of the rim of the lower holder AND the top cap locks over top of both rims. Once the replacement holder is in the Keurig, you lower the handle and the water "needle" inserts into the opening and seals against the holder, in the very same manner as it does with K-cups.

Again, for those with comments that differ... make sure 1) you're using it properly and 2) that you're using a Keurig. This product matches up PERFECTLY for the Keurig because it's made and been tested by Keurig... and it's worked perfectly for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffe made easy, November 17, 2012
When I bought this for 1.99 + 7.99 shipping, I thought it might be a cheap imported knockoff of the Keurig My K-CUP.

It is the real thing. Even has Keurig moulded in the cap.

Total price is 9.98, Kroger has these for 14.95 and Kuerig has them for 17.95, so 9.98 is a great bargain.

They work wonderfully. Some K Cup reviews state difficulties in operating these, but the people who wrote them must have to have special class instructions on even using a ballpoint pen, as the My-K Cup is the easiest and most convenient way to make coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little confused at first, January 3, 2013
Numeral "racote" (North Attleborough) - See all my reviews
I really like coffee but I don't think I'm a coffee snob. I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks.

I received my single cup Keurig brewer for Christmas and was concerned that I would not be able to use the four pounds of coffee in my cupboard. The Keurig My K-cup had such rave reviews that I had to try it and seeing it was from the manufacturer how could I go wrong? I ordered this and was a little confused because I thought it would be 1) fill with coffee 2) insert in place of K-cup. Okay - so I had to remove the original K-cup holder in order for this to fit. I did so and tried it.
The coffee tastes as good as it did in the drip coffee maker and it saves a lot of money. It won't replace K-cups totally for me because I will open and use one bag of coffee at a time until it's done. K-cups still let me have several kinds of coffee a day.

Why four and not five stars? Because Keurig could have inserted a little instruction sheet reminding morons like me to remove the cup holder first so the replacement will fit in.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just like the one I got with my cruisinart., December 27, 2012
So my only complaint as with any Kuerig product, if you like a strong cup of coffee, the right k-cup after several trials of premium coffee might get you the strong cup of coffee but at 50 cents a cup. These my k-cup allow you to save money and trust me this is the way to go. K-cups are not recyclable so less trash too. Here's where the trouble with these. Some of the my k cups have a tight seal along the top with the filter in. You want it to be tight for a strong cup. Reason, the coffee needs to be dark roast or espresso. It needs to be grinned pretty fine. More surface contact with coffee to water ratio. As ground coffee is put into the basket, tap if on the table to pack it in. Do not tamp it. Add until it is just below the top black rim. Because there is so much coffee in the basket, the kuerig product will struggle to force water through it and if that lid is loose even after it has been fully closed....the water and some grounds will seep out through that not so tight lid. I have two of these. One is tight and never leaks and the other is a nightmare if you are trying for the strong cup of coffee. These style of coffee pots do not spend a lot of time contacting the coffee itself. Results in a weak cup of coffee. These my k cups vs k cups is like blowing up a hot air balloon vs a balloon with your own breath. It runs right through it. The tapping technique but not tampered allows for a restricted flow and longer contact thus a stronger cup of coffee. The lid loose is like a whole in either balloon. A problem no matter which situation you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, November 14, 2012
great to have in case you prefer a different coffee from what K-cups have to offer but still allows you to have the ability to make one single serving with little to clean up

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 19, 2012
This is the same one they sell at Walmart for $ 18 now I have 2 and can prepare for both my wife and myself without rinsing between coffees.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but..., June 15, 2013
There are better options now available to use your own ground coffee. The My K Cup system requires you to pry out the original K Cup holder which is held in with 3-4 plastic tabs and replace it with the grey My K Cup. Yes, it works well, but if you want to switch back and forth between using purchased K cups and fill-your-own, you will quickly become frustrated!

I'd check out the other K cup replacement systems to find one which fits into the original cup holder without having to remove it. Even though there are many kinds of coffees and beverages coming out which use the K cup system, it still is one of the most expensive ways to make coffee. Buying espresso ground coffee and filling your own cups gives you a LOT wider options and is a LOT cheaper!!

That said, if you drink loose leaf tea and want to use the My K Cup system (or any other alternate K cup system), be sure to rinse the cup cavity thoroughly between coffee use and tea use unless you like coffee flavored tea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, August 29, 2013
I gave it three stars, because with our Keurig it was a bit messy. Every time you wanted to refill the filter with coffee it was hot, then you needed to rinse it out after each use. I guess you pay for convenience buying the ready made coffee. Which by the way we have returned to doing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too messy, June 29, 2013
Like many comments, it leaks water all over. I read somewhere there's a way to fix. Need to run that down again.

2.0 out of 5 stars A cheap knock-off. It leaks while brewing and is not the same quality as a legitimate Keurig© My K-cup, June 4, 2013
Length:: 3:30 Mins

I have used a Keurig branded My K-Cup for several years, The screen finally failed due to heavy daily use and repeated washings. It lasted just about 3 years so it more than paid for itself.

When I began shopping for a replacement, I noticed that this one was priced about half of what the Keurig My K-Cup was selling for. Although my "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" radar was on full alert, I ordered it anyway.

My fears were not unfounded.

It was immediately obvious in many ways that this was a knock-off and definitely not the real deal. The material had a different feel that was noticeable. It felt softer. The cap did not close tightly and the basket was made of a thinner plastic and was actually wavy at the top.

Brewing revealed more weakness in that the thing leaked as it was brewing leaving drops and streaks of coffee down its side.

But in spite of how poorly it was made and operated it did have one single redeeming characteristic... it left no sludge in my coffee cup.

I'll be returning this and purchasing a legitimate Keurig My K-Cup. Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter

Rate and Discover Movies