Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Keurig My K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter Set fits B30 B40 B50 B60 B70 series
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Gray|Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$1.64+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 8, 2012
I read a lot of reviews. This item was available at a lower price and as far as I could tell, it differed from the other Keurig K-Cup Replacement in that it was grey and not in the box.

I ordered it based on a review that said it was Keurig stamped on the lid. When it arrived, I discovered that this was indeed the case.

I imagine that this is sold at a discounted price because, like perfumes and colognes, it's an "open box" item... meaning no box and no instructions. Fragrances sold that way have a generic box for shipping but no fancy packaging and sometimes no cap.

The bad reviews I've seen on the replacement filters for the Keurig simply do not apply to this Keurig product... probably because it was made by Keurig, for Keurig and meant to be quality that would instill loyalty.

1) Reviews saying the lid pops off --- NOT on this one... it twists a partial turn and locks in place... there is no "popping" off while brewing.

2) Reviews saying the filter is too porous and even coarse coffee grinds come through --- NOT with this filter... you can see for yourself that the filter is extremely tight... not only in the picture, but also in the package when you see it for yourself. It is obvious by looking that a fine grind will work in this filter, and it has for me. The tightness of the filter allows the water to truly be forced through, as it should be.

3) Reviews saying that the filter is ineffective because the sides are mesh instead of just the bottom --- NOT an issue... and anyone who has used a conventional coffee maker and a permanent filter knows that the filters are mesh on the sides with a plastic bottom to hold the mesh in place and keep its shape. You have to have a frame for the mesh in order to use the mesh as a filter. Common sense. Certainly not an issue here.

4) Reviews saying the filter doesn't seat properly --- READ all the reviews from people answering back on that one telling people to remove the insert in the Keurig that is there to hold the K-Cups in place. They also tell you that the insert holds firmly in place, so while it acts like it is not meant to be removed, that it is made to be removed and you can read that in your Keurig manual or contact the company for that same How-To information. It only makes sense that if the filter takes the place of the K-Cup and it is inserted in the grey filter holder, that you would have to remove the Keurig holder in order to properly seat this 3-piece replacement.

When in doubt, and when without, head to the Keurg website for information and support... but TO REMOVE THE KEURIG K-CUP HOLDER INSERT, the manual tells you to grasp the top while pushing the bottom up from underneath. It's a simple as using one finger to push up. Trying to pull it out will make this far harder than it really is; it pushes out easily. Once the holder is out, you will remark, "Wow! This looks just like the replacement filter holder!" Amazingly simple. Works like a charm.

I waited on a Keurig until there was a KEURIG K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter available... because I knew that if Keurig made one, that it would not be the cheaply made junk that so many people have complained about in their reviews.

5-star real deal.... and mine came from WildWin at a great price and shipped IMMEDIATELY! So now I ordered another for the family.

Enjoy with confidence! I am.

Updated 11DEC2012 in response to questions about the filter:
1) To reseat the original K-Cup holder, take notice of the white triangles/arrows that need to be aligned; then, slip that side's clip in first... it's easier to get it to lock in place due to simple physics... when you try to push down on that side last, then you discover that your force is also trying to close the whole holder/basket.
2) Some people say the coffee basket in this replacement is smaller than the K-cups and holds less coffee -- NO, it does not hold less coffee, even though it is smaller than the K-cups... the reason is easily apparent if you take a K-cup apart. Inside of a K-cup is a small paper filter that is "glued" to the top; once removed, you'll realize that it does NOT extend to the bottom... and in fact, holds the same amount of coffee as the replacement filter cup.
3) People comment that the filter should only have a mesh bottom like the K-cups -- this is incorrect because, again, upon opening a K-cup, you'll find a full paper filter, so the coffee only drains from the bottom of the plastic cup... and the plastic cup is there to keep the coffee fresh -- how else could you mimic a paper filter with coffee in a traditional pot, in a single serving, AND keep it fresh??
4) People comment that the coffee grinds spill over -- impossible with the Keurig replacement because the rim of the coffee filter sit ON TOP of the rim of the lower holder AND the top cap locks over top of both rims. Once the replacement holder is in the Keurig, you lower the handle and the water "needle" inserts into the opening and seals against the holder, in the very same manner as it does with K-cups.

Again, for those with comments that differ... make sure 1) you're using it properly and 2) that you're using a Keurig. This product matches up PERFECTLY for the Keurig because it's made and been tested by Keurig... and it's worked perfectly for me.
3535 comments|332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
I really like coffee but I don't think I'm a coffee snob. I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks.

I received my single cup Keurig brewer for Christmas and was concerned that I would not be able to use the four pounds of coffee in my cupboard. The Keurig My K-cup had such rave reviews that I had to try it and seeing it was from the manufacturer how could I go wrong? I ordered this and was a little confused because I thought it would be 1) fill with coffee 2) insert in place of K-cup. Okay - so I had to remove the original K-cup holder in order for this to fit. I did so and tried it.
The coffee tastes as good as it did in the drip coffee maker and it saves a lot of money. It won't replace K-cups totally for me because I will open and use one bag of coffee at a time until it's done. K-cups still let me have several kinds of coffee a day.

Why four and not five stars? Because Keurig could have inserted a little instruction sheet reminding morons like me to remove the cup holder first so the replacement will fit in.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2012
When I bought this for 1.99 + 7.99 shipping, I thought it might be a cheap imported knockoff of the Keurig My K-CUP.

It is the real thing. Even has Keurig moulded in the cap.

Total price is 9.98, Kroger has these for 14.95 and Kuerig has them for 17.95, so 9.98 is a great bargain.

They work wonderfully. Some K Cup reviews state difficulties in operating these, but the people who wrote them must have to have special class instructions on even using a ballpoint pen, as the My-K Cup is the easiest and most convenient way to make coffee.
44 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
After ordering, it said it would be 6 weeks for it to arrive. It came after about 3 weeks (according to Amazon is still on its way?) which is the longest I have ever waited for anything from Amazon. It seemed fine when I got it, no different than the one I got with my Keurig. However, after two weeks of use I can see IT IS DEFINITELY SUBPAR QUALITY and not the real thing. The top broke (see pic) rendering it completely useless. I used my real Keurig K-cup for over a year with never a problem...this one is clearly not Keurig made and is a piece of disposable garbage. Thankfully it only cost $3, but seriously, don't waste your time or money!!
review image
on February 22, 2015
I am not a rocket scientist but no idiot either and I have spent the past half hour trying to get this device to work. At first try: water and coffee and grounds everywhere so tried adjusting the coffee levels. Still not working. Went online and found a hack to add in a used plastic k cup and I still cannot get a decent cup of coffee without a total mess.
I'm very disappointed and wondering how the heck those of you with success are able to use this product.
Any tips you can offer (thanks for omitting insults I really have tried every combination) would be very helpful, thanks. I'm trying to avoid being irresponsible and contributing to the gigantic k cup waste but as of now I'm ready to toss this and try something else.
on August 19, 2014
These don't filter the grounds very well. Not like paper. If you pour the cup of coffee into a white sink, you will see the fine grounds. Very unappetizing. Also, no matter how much coffee (packed or no) I put into the filter, water always backed up over the top and spilled around the coffee cup. K-cups are too expensive for me and I prefer buying whole beans and grinding them myself. I am going to sell my Kuerig 40 for $55 and throw these and 2 extra baskets in for free.
on December 27, 2012
So my only complaint as with any Kuerig product, if you like a strong cup of coffee, the right k-cup after several trials of premium coffee might get you the strong cup of coffee but at 50 cents a cup. These my k-cup allow you to save money and trust me this is the way to go. K-cups are not recyclable so less trash too. Here's where the trouble with these. Some of the my k cups have a tight seal along the top with the filter in. You want it to be tight for a strong cup. Reason, the coffee needs to be dark roast or espresso. It needs to be grinned pretty fine. More surface contact with coffee to water ratio. As ground coffee is put into the basket, tap if on the table to pack it in. Do not tamp it. Add until it is just below the top black rim. Because there is so much coffee in the basket, the kuerig product will struggle to force water through it and if that lid is loose even after it has been fully closed....the water and some grounds will seep out through that not so tight lid. I have two of these. One is tight and never leaks and the other is a nightmare if you are trying for the strong cup of coffee. These style of coffee pots do not spend a lot of time contacting the coffee itself. Results in a weak cup of coffee. These my k cups vs k cups is like blowing up a hot air balloon vs a balloon with your own breath. It runs right through it. The tapping technique but not tampered allows for a restricted flow and longer contact thus a stronger cup of coffee. The lid loose is like a whole in either balloon. A problem no matter which situation you have.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2015
After reading reviews that are positive as well as negative, it seems clear to me that Amazon's grouping of multiple vendors available to but this product is in error. I believe many of of these work fine... and some are different and don't. I bought from Modern Home Products. It arrived on time - there were no problems with the order process. It was gray and looked very similar to those in the pictures. But it did not have the Keurig stamp on it and had a brand name of GoldTone. Upon using the filter this morning, I found it will not work with my Keurig B40. Upon installation, you are instructed to pull the rubber grommet on the pin that normally punctures a K-cup pod down towards the end of the pin so that it creates a seal with the My K-Cup Replacement Coffee Filter. However the location where this grommet meets the lid on the My K-Cup is bowl shaped and doesn't create an adequate seal. When I look at other pictures, this part on the lid of the My K-Cup is flat. Without this proper seal, water and some grounds flow outside the My K-Cup making a mess and not a good cup of coffee.

Bottom line - a waste of time. AMAZON - you need to review what these various vendors are selling and ensure they are identical as this one is clearly not!
on November 22, 2015
First, I did not realize that this was coming from the other side of the world and would take 4-6 weeks to deliver. It took 4.
Then, the lids on both canisters broke the first time they were used as the hole was too small to clear the puncture needle and the coffee maker. It was a huge mess and the units were just too cheap and took too much time to bother with returning or asking for money back. Better to simply warn others to stay away.
on November 14, 2012
great to have in case you prefer a different coffee from what K-cups have to offer but still allows you to have the ability to make one single serving with little to clean up