5.0 out of 5 stars Best Keurig
Note: I purchased this ASIN: B000GTR2F6. I received this unit in its place though.

Unboxing:

Published 22 months ago by Christine

3.0 out of 5 stars register
I'm on #3. The Bad news, they break. The good news, Keurig has replaced this brewer for me twice, even when the 2nd one was out of warrenty
Published 16 months ago by Chet Pope

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Keurig, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Keurig K75 Single-Cup Home-Brewing System with Water Filter Kit, Platinum (Kitchen)

Unboxing:

Item was purchased from Amazon directly; Arrived triple boxed and in perfect condition. I was presently surprised to find a little note from Keurig stating I was amung the first to receive the new K-75 this seems to be a silent upgrade as the UPC, and printed box specs are for the current model B-70.

The unit was packaged securly with an instructional/promotional packet above the top piece of styrofoam that was 1/2 of a steady shell that surround the fully assembled unit. Packet contained a "Buy two get two free offer" for K-Cup packs if purchased from Keurig directly, the owners manual, and the surprise note mentioned above along with specials directions on how to install the included water filter.

Setup:

Setup was easy, and took less than ten minutes complete. (This includes the brewing of the first cup) I found the most difficult part of the process was installing the water filter into the unit, as it must be lowered into the units tank, and seated on an inlet hole towards the rear of the tank. I would say most people would not have an issue with this however, and fully blame my ape hands for the difficulty I encountered.

Use:

The unit was ready for its first brew about 4 minutes after turning it on. Prep is simple and consists of raising the front lever, dropping a K-cup into the hole, closing the lid, and hitting brew. Not much more to say about the possess, it just works. The one thing that did stand out is how quite this unit is from start to finish. It is not much louder that the Bunn pour over machine it replaced!

Misc:

This unit looks great with the blue LED lit tank, and matching buttons. The larger 75oz tank slightly reduces the drip try area as it extends past the base as a result of the larger size. This in no way hinders use of the unit.

The directions for the water filter say each filter pod should be changed every 60 tank fills or every two months; which seems more than reasonable as a three pod replacement pack is about $12.

Brews coffee as well as any of Keurig units I have tried, and water temp is accurate to within 1 degree of its set point measured at the very top of the stream coming out of the unit.

All in all I am very happy with this product, and as a result I just purchased another for my office.

5.0 out of 5 stars K75 Brewer, April 12, 2013
E. M. Finlay (Montclair, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
Got this to replace an ailing Keurig B60 that got very slow and constantly displayed "descale." Several descales later, the problem remained. The brewer was less than four years old. Keurig advised that it was out of warranty, and offered $50.00 off a full price unit from their site. Took a pass.

This K75 was purchased at Costco; it came with 60 K-cups and a water filter. The water filter has a dial to set for the recommended 2 month replacement. We do use bottled water from our cooler, but did install the filter. It also came with the "my K-cup" insert that allows you to use regular coffee if you choose, which is a nice option for home use as it renders the coffee more economical. At 75 ounces, The water tank is larger than our old brewer. The K75 is very fast and the coffee is hotter than the old unit provided. There are 5 cup sizes available, from espresso to travel mug, which is a real plus. I will add that although Keurig refers to the size as "large" travel mug, it fills my travel mug 2/3 of the way. In order to brew the taller mug, you remove the bottom tray, very simple.
These brewers all have a fairly large "footprint", so you need approximately 11" of counter space.

In summary, Keurigs are great for an office environment where people drink different coffees and want to enjoy a hot, fresh cup of coffee. However, do not expect this unit to last more than 3 years. Keurig certainly doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a quiet Keurig!, June 12, 2013
This was kinda a frivolous/splurge of a purchase to replace our old Keurig Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System which had become ridiculously loud--it sounded like a rocket ship taking off every time a cup was made. I'm SOO glad I bought it because it is so much quieter and has other fab features as well.

First off, if you've never tried a Keurig before, I must say that it makes a surprisingly good cup of coffee. I'm somewhat of a coffee snob and once upon a time would never have conceived of using any type of automatic coffeemaker, let alone a Keurig (I used a French Press on beans I ground myself using my ridiculously expensive grinder), but I am now a convert. It is just so easy, quick, and clean, I can't imagine going back. It's also just so nice to make a single cup of coffee if that's all you're in the mood for instead of a whole pot. I promise, you'll be able to find coffee you like, as there are all sorts available for the Keurig now. Personally, my favorite is Coffee People Black Tiger Dark Roast, 24-Count K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers. My only big caveat is that if you are a coffee drinker who likes REALLY hot coffee (like pre-suit McDonald's hot), this doesn't do that. I think the coffee comes out at a perfectly drinkable temperature at the highest setting, but I know it's not the hot that some people like.

As a tea drinker as well, there are much fewer options out there, and it's harder to find stuff that will make a strong cup (I think it's just the nature of tea). However, I still use it all the time for tea, my favorites being Twinings K-Cup Tea, Christmas, 12 Count (which you can get year-round from Amazon) and Twinings K-Cup Chai Tea , 24 Count.

Finally, it kinda sucks in the hot chocolate department. I'm not sure why, but all of the hot chocolates I have tried use fake sugar, even if it isn't labeled diet. It tends to come out very weak with that overly sweet diet sugar taste that I really don't like. If you're going to use it for hot chocolate, however, the best I've found is Grove Square Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate, 24 Count Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, which I do drink from time to time.

If you're already familiar with Keurig, here's a comparison of features that actually matter to me as opposed to the previous model:
- Quieter
- Bigger reservoir--nice if you use it a lot.
- Comes with filtering products
- temperature control
- 5 cup sizes (as opposed to 3)-- increasing the size of the largest cup, which is nice
- Easier to get the reservoir in/out--sleeker design.

Overall, I love this machine. My three big caveats are that using K-cups every day gets expensive, there aren't that many good options for tea drinkers, and the temperature doesn't get super-hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of coffee maker, September 9, 2013
We have been using the K75 for one year and we've been using Keurig single-cup coffee makers since 2004. The K75 is a typical K-cup brewer: fast and convenient and we love it but I have a few observations:

- The water filter kit is an unnecessary expense. The filters cost too much and the filter device itself takes up room inside the water tank that could best be used for coffee. We leave it out and use water filtered in a Brita pitcher. If you make only a couple of cups of coffee a day, by all means leave the filter device in the tank. If you are a heavy coffee drinker, take it out and use pitcher-filtered water instead - otherwise you will have to replace these expensive filters more often than the recommended 60-days.

- The water temperature can be set for a maximum of 192 degrees but actually only heats to about 170 degrees (we measured this in a warmed cup). This makes the coffee immediately drinkable with no cooling off, but if you want a really piping hot cup of coffee, you will be disappointed. No Keurig K-cup brewer, and we've had three, actually made truly HOT coffee or water.

- Keurig recommends the old vinegar solution trick for de-scaling when the descale warning shows up but I find it inadequate because we have well water and it is very hard water. Every month we use Dezcal (available here on Amazon Urnex Dezcal Activated Scale Remover, 3 Boxes of 4-packs) and are very happy with the way it de-scales and cleans the machine. I suppose it would depend how much coffee you brew in a month, and we brew a LOT.

- I never cared for the iced-tea or coffee made with iced-tea/iced-coffee K-cups on ANY K-cup brewer and I don't use them, but other people seem to have pretty good success with them and you may want to give them a try.

All that being said, the family really likes this brewer. We use it for coffee, tea (with tea K-cups and also to make a cup of tea-bag tea with hot water), and hot chocolate. The built-in timer is convenient and it's great to have it on when I get up in the morning. When company comes over, everybody can have a cup of the coffee they want, brewed the way they want it.

3.0 out of 5 stars register, August 10, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars very unhappy!!!!!!, October 4, 2013
bought one a yr ago and it broke after about 10 months. paid $180.00 for mine at the time and it only last 10months. for that kind of money it should have lasted at least 5yrs. will not buy another one, have also herd other people having the same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper at Costco!!!, March 1, 2013
I just got the Keurig K75 at Costco with 60 K-Cups and My K-Cup reusable coffee filter for only 149.99. It's a great coffee maker, but if you are a Costco member, you might want to save the $30 and get the extras.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 20 months!, July 27, 2013
I purchased mine August 2011 and in June 2013 it stopped working. It will not turn on. Keurig is offering me a new one at a discounted price but are unable to fix my current one.

1.0 out of 5 stars A "FIX" for the dreaded PRIME error!, July 9, 2014
I wanted to share the semi-fix I found for the dreaded PRIME error that so many have encountered. Like many, I was on my second brewer after having the "PRIME" error constantly! The second machine was now malfunctioning so I went in search of ANY tips. The cleaning etc is NOT the issue with "Prime" errors as they occur with brewers only days old.
I searched the Internet and the one tip I found that seems to help is; use WARM water when refilling the reservoir, bring the water to the reservoir rather than removing/replacing it each time and fill it slowly as to not create excessive bubbles. I've been using this tip for several weeks and have NOT had another "prime" error! I was so happy- I LOVE the brewer and didn't want to give it up.
For those with frequent or reoccurring "Prime" errors, give it a try.
Best of luck..

EDIT: Update Oct. 5th.
I've been using the above method since writing the review July 9th and I'm THRILLED to report my Keurig is still going strong! It was my second machine & only 3 days old when the "Prime" started again. Using the tips in my original review, I haven't experienced a single "Prime Error." Not even ONE!
I hope this helps others with similar issues. I LOVE the Keurig and I'm delighted to have found a method to keep it functioning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it but buy elsewhere, April 11, 2013
I love the convenience and don't mind the expense of the K-cups.

Big word of caution: Do not buy these from a retailer that does not have a no questions asked return policy. You will have trouble with your brewer, it's only a matter of time. It will stop brewing full cups, and need to go to a landfill. When you contact Keurig customer service, they will offer to repair or replace it for $100.

When asked how long these machines should last, @Keurig replied that they "have seen them last in excess of 3 years." I find that completely unacceptable, you wouldn't accept that in a microwave or refrigerator would you?

So...enjoy it but buy from Costco or another store that has a lenient return policy, keep your receipt and box for when the inevitable occurs.