My wife and I are a long time user of Keurig K-cup brewer machine. We have been using B40 machine for a few years.
Recently, our B40 machine has shown a sign of getting toward end-of-life so, we start looking for the next Keurig machine.

Published on December 17, 2012 by NSIW3687

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Life ??
We are on our THIRD Keurig but not necessarily the same model. With the last two, they went dead during the month of May, meaning only one year of use. The one we are using now is 10 months old (this is March) ...will it go DEAD in May and after the warranty period? LOL
Published 10 months ago by NW-Guy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product for good coffee (much better than B40) // Water pump problem after 6 months, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Keurig B70 Platinum Gourmet K-Cup Brewing System (Midnight Black) (Kitchen)

We've been checking on a few models and eventually settled on B70 model. We thought there would be no pleasant surprise since we've been familiar with B40 but I still came across several new ones after a couple of weeks with it:

1. The most noticeable is the sound and vibration when it's pumping water.
B70 produces almost none of these stuff when comparing to B40

2. Ability to choose the cup size
There are 5 cup size to choose from. Smallest is like the Espresso cup, all the way to the largest mug.
This is quite nice, I can adjust the concentration and amount of coffee for each flavor.
It sure does make that same coffee cup much more satisfying.

3. Ability to customize the setting
With the MENU selections, there are a number of customization, i.e.,
- auto setting when to have it On/OFF
- how hot you want it to be (187 - 192 F)
- cup size (didn't I mention this already ?)
- a few others that I have yet to try

4. Look more appealing
The blue lighting on the LED screen and water reservoir makes more pleasing.
The light is bright enough for me to see my way around it and no need to turn on kitchen light.

We got ours at Costco. It came with 90 k-cups of various kind plus a re-usable k-cup filter for brewing your own beans or tea and of course the normal Costco 90 day warranty. To top it off, they had a promo for $35 rebate (all I had to do was login to Costco.com and let them take care of rebate without having to cut the UPC and mail it). If I'm not mistaken, the similar promo is (or will be) on again during the holiday period.

*** UPDATED 01/05/2012 ***
So far my B70 works great. I enjoy the k-cup coffees so much. In fact, today I was at SB and ordered Vanilla Latte Tall. After the first zip, it reminded me of Kahlua K-cup (size / aroma / temperature / taste). Honestly, other than a stronger vanilla aroma and taste (because SB added 4-5 squeezes of syrup) the only major different is that it costs almost $4 at SB where as it is $0.70 for K-Cup . . . I like my B70 even more.

NOTE: if you go to Bed-Bath & Beyond or Khol's - - they often have various choices of K-cup coffee & tea available. With their coupons, the price could be as low as $0.45 per cup

*** UPDATED 01/15/2013 ***
Forgot to mention this experience in above review.

Please DO USE FILTERED WATER !!

You will enjoy this machine much much longer (we used this on our B40 and we used it for 3 yrs). Although cleaning is not a rocket science here, but running pure vinegar a few times to clean up those clogs is something you would not want to do too often either.

*** UPDATED 05/18/2013 ***
After having used it to make 7-10 cups daily since Nov'12. Unfortunately, the water pump acted up during the past 2-3 weeks. The symptom is that after making a cup, it would not pump water right back in fast enough. I re-seat the water tank to make sure it fits okay and even descale it (run vinegar though - although I don't think it would be hard water issue as I use filtered water). But no luck with that. Today, I decided to call Costco - and they told me to bring it in for return (thanks to Costco outstanding customer service policy). Anyhow, this would not change my mind about KEURIG machine (yet!) and willing to give it another chance. So, I pick up and new box of B70 again - that said I take one star out of the rating. Will update in the next few months to share with you whether or not KEURIG is still a good machine as I think it is.

*** UPDATED 04/08/2014 ***
Well, I returned the machine to Costco and thanks to their superb customer service, I exchange it for another B70 (under warranted). That was end of May 2013. I guessed that first unit might have been a lemon, we have been using the new unit everyday since then...still running great. No sign of problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!, December 10, 2012
SUSIE (SHELOCTA, PA) - See all my reviews
My husband & I have had this Model Keurig in black for several months & use the heck out of it, three sometimes 4 times daily for coffee, Cocoa, Tea, Oatmeal, etc! We bought this same Model in the limited edition color "Cinnamon" which goes perfect with the colors in our old Airstream camper. They both work great, easy to use and the the screen is easy to read without my glasses, lol. Just make sure you run Vinegar through it to keep it cleaned out from mineral build-up when it starts to slow down on the brewing, it does the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Replacement for my previous Keurig, December 3, 2012
Annette_L (Tamarac, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this coffee maker after reading good reviews at various sites. It has performed wonderfully. I love the extra small setting for instant oatmeal in the morning. My previous Keurig only had 3 cup size settings, none of which were right for my oatmeal. Now I prepare my oatmeal, change the cup size and make my morning coffee. By the time my coffee is made, I can sit and enjoy my breakfast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 24, 2012
Keurig B70 Platinum Gourmet Single-Cup K-Cup Brewer Midnight Black . This is my Christmas Present for myself. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. I just love it. So, easy to take care of, clean, make coffee, and does not take alot of room on the counter. So far I have tried coffee, apple cider, and hot chocolate. I will recommend that you purchase the Keurig Water Filter Replacement Starter Kit and the Eco-Fill Reusable Refillable k-cup Coffee Filter for Keurig Brewers. My neighbors and I are having so much fun with it. I am so glad I saved up my money to get this. It was well worth it. One other thing you might want to get: Keurig K-cup Coffee Storage Drawer Holds 36 Single Serve K-cup Pods I found mine for $18 at Walmart. You can put your Brewer on top of it.
Merry Christmas! and Enjoy your Cup of Coffee!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, January 6, 2013
Real good for easy and quick brewing of 1 cup of coffee at a time. However you have to rinse out with vinegar a couple of times because if you don't the coffee tastes like hot chlorinated water

4.0 out of 5 stars Solved the clogging issue!, May 1, 2013
We found that the water spout kept getting clogged by coffee grounds and were advised by the company to take a paper clip and stick it in the little openings to unclog them. That did work, but it kept getting clogged. However, we have found that if you use the paper clip to poke a little hole in the center of the k cup before placing it in the brewer that keeps the vacuum packed coffee from squirting up into the machine and thus plugging it up. We have been doing this method for a few months now and the machine is not clogging and is working great. A little inconvenient, but we love the variety and natural ingredients that our Keurig provides in all the beverages offered.

You will know exactly what I am talking about when you poke a k cup that is convex on the top due to air pressure. Be careful not to let the coffee shoot into your eyes! Hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 21, 2013
Many uses during the day....morning coffee, afternoon tea or coffee (oatmeal), late night teas...it's great. Almost like an instant hot water spout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent one-cup coffee maker!, June 27, 2013
This one-cup coffee maker is easy to setup, easy to use, and easy to maintain. I could not be happier with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 17, 2013
This Keurig is absolutely great! Consistently good coffee. But there are some features on this machine that really make it worth the price.
First of all you can program the time it will turn on and off each day.
Second, you can choose the amount of water you will be brewing, allowing larger and weaker coffee, or smaller and stronger coffee. Ideal for houses with different strength preferences.
Third, and in my opinion the best feature, is the almost instant brewing after the initial warm up. With automatic on and off time set every day, I no longer ever have to wait to brew.
If it breaks tomorrow, the next one will be ordered the same day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't had amazing coffee until now., February 2, 2013
At first, I didn't want to spend so much money just for coffee. I purchased this for my husband's birthday and we are both believers now. We don't waste any coffee and we were previously throwing away 1/2 of our pots. The flavor is amazing, the machine is fast. Hope this machine lasts for years because we know it will get lots of use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›