Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by Monica Riley on April 18, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 176 answers
A
You have got to be kidding! If this is true, I would make a copy of the notice and send it with a letter of explanation to Keurig. Also, try and contact your local TV station's consumer advocate reporter.
Doubting User answered on December 30, 2008
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just got a B40 for Xmas. The "slight vibration" as Keurig calls it, when it starts up in the morning and in between cups is very loud to say the least. It sounds like one of those air tools used at the tire store. I live in an apartment and the manager left me a noise warning under the door today, telling me several of my neighbors have complained about the loud noise at 6:30AM. If I receive two more warnings, I can be evicted with out notice. So it looks like my Keurig is going back. :( I really wish Keurig would offer a solution.
Firedude answered on December 30, 2008
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I started with the very first Keurig model made for the home, maybe 6-7 years ago. I loved it; it made noise, but not objectionable. It died recently, probably because i spilled some water that could have got inside. Then i got the B40. The noise is insupportable. I live in a condo and granite tops transmit noise. I now have it on 2 mouse pads and 3 Asian table mats, and I've put a little foam between the drip plate and the body. All this does help, but I do feel that the Keurig company somehow spoiled a good thing in their new lines.
Monica Riley answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My wife and I have a B60 and I bought a B40 for my mother. The B40 is much noisier than our B60. The pump on the inside of the units are vibrator diaphragm pumps and are going to make noise to some degree. Try making sure that your water reservoir is fully seated in the base and then try removing the reservoir cover while brewing; we found that the vibration of the pump is transmitted to the cover and it sounds like the unit is going to come apart.
Doubting User answered on August 13, 2008
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same issue I have two of these and they are both loud - 1 is the older model with no digital lcd and the other a B70

I bought a large padded mouse mat at office max for $14.00 but it doesnt really help much, and the metal drip plate on the machine might as well be a cymbol when it vibrates agaist the unit. I like the coffee machine - but the noise is really starting to bother me and turn me against this product
Jonathan Hughes answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hmmm....my brewer is also VERY loud...much louder than my friend's...and the multiples we have in our office.....AND it has so much vibration, that travel mugs will walk right away while it is brewing. NOT an acceptable situation....my college age daughter calls it "angry coffee".

The man who services our Keurigs at work said I should call customer service and that they really want you to buy the coffee....should send a new brewer....well...guess I will wait and see.

Jenny
Jennifer Liedkie answered on September 28, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have the noise problem as well with the B60. It's jarring and is indicative of engineering scrimping to save a few bucks in the design of the machine. It's a disconnect I don't understand -- make a world-class coffee maker that's handicapped by its extraordinary noise whenever the pump is in use.

As for "instantly," well, I can wait the whole 60 seconds while the machine warms up after it's turned on. If I were drinking coffee throughout the day, I might do differently, but since I only drink it in the morning, I only turn it on in the morning.
John M. Grohol answered on October 31, 2008
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If there are non-noisy B40's, can I complain to Keurig and trade in my noisy one?
Monica
Monica Riley answered on May 5, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Carol Hurteau answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Isn't the B70 supposed to have the "quiet brew technology"?
We have a 9 month old that is a light sleeper and i was really hoping that the B70 would be quieter.
Harry johnson answered on December 18, 2008
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   18   Next ›

See all questions about this product