Keurig B60 Special Edition Brewing System
Used & New from: $77.88
The Keurig noise problem Has anyone found a way to muffle the very loud pump noise of the Keurig? I tried mouse pads, and that helped some, but there is the danger of blocking ventilation louvers on the bottom. Any other ideas?
Monica
asked by Monica Riley on April 18, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 174 answers
A
I just got a B40 for Xmas. The "slight vibration" as Keurig calls it, when it starts up in the morning and in between cups is very loud to say the least. It sounds like one of those air tools used at the tire store. I live in an apartment and the manager left me a noise warning under the door today, telling me several of my neighbors have complained about the loud noise at 6:30AM. If I receive two more warnings, I can be evicted with out notice. So it looks like my Keurig is going back. :( I really wish Keurig would offer a solution.
Firedude answered on December 30, 2008
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I started with the very first Keurig model made for the home, maybe 6-7 years ago. I loved it; it made noise, but not objectionable. It died recently, probably because i spilled some water that could have got inside. Then i got the B40. The noise is insupportable. I live in a condo and granite tops transmit noise. I now have it on 2 mouse pads and 3 Asian table mats, and I've put a little foam between the drip plate and the body. All this does help, but I do feel that the Keurig company somehow spoiled a good thing in their new lines.
Monica Riley answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My wife and I have a B60 and I bought a B40 for my mother. The B40 is much noisier than our B60. The pump on the inside of the units are vibrator diaphragm pumps and are going to make noise to some degree. Try making sure that your water reservoir is fully seated in the base and then try removing the reservoir cover while brewing; we found that the vibration of the pump is transmitted to the cover and it sounds like the unit is going to come apart.
Doubting User answered on August 13, 2008

A
I have the same issue I have two of these and they are both loud - 1 is the older model with no digital lcd and the other a B70

I bought a large padded mouse mat at office max for $14.00 but it doesnt really help much, and the metal drip plate on the machine might as well be a cymbol when it vibrates agaist the unit. I like the coffee machine - but the noise is really starting to bother me and turn me against this product
Jonathan Hughes answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have the noise problem as well with the B60. It's jarring and is indicative of engineering scrimping to save a few bucks in the design of the machine. It's a disconnect I don't understand -- make a world-class coffee maker that's handicapped by its extraordinary noise whenever the pump is in use.

As for "instantly," well, I can wait the whole 60 seconds while the machine warms up after it's turned on. If I were drinking coffee throughout the day, I might do differently, but since I only drink it in the morning, I only turn it on in the morning.
John M. Grohol answered on October 31, 2008

A
If there are non-noisy B40's, can I complain to Keurig and trade in my noisy one?
Monica
Monica Riley answered on May 5, 2008
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just bought a B60 this week. We have an older MODEL (B50 I think-makes 2 sizes) and have had it over a year and LOVE IT. We bought the newer one to use at our primary residence and will take the other one to a beach house. Well I jumped when it first "went on" it was so loud and continues to be loud as the water fills etc. It is at least twice as loud as the older model. I called customer service and was told to put a mat or mouse pad underneath. This really did not help much. I will take the B60 back and may try another B60 hoping we just got a "loud" one. The one that we bought should not be that loud (as we have a comparison). Will keep you posted.
Carol Hurteau answered on April 21, 2008
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You have got to be kidding! If this is true, I would make a copy of the notice and send it with a letter of explanation to Keurig. Also, try and contact your local TV station's consumer advocate reporter.
Doubting User answered on December 30, 2008
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I did return our new Keurig. We will look to buy another B40 which is much quieter-as we own one already. My husband loves the B40, we just didn't want to take a chance on getting another noisy one...
Carol Hurteau answered on May 5, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I switched to filtered water (Brita Pitcher) and the noise WENT AWAY after flushing by cycling through about 2 tankfuls of water.
Papa Grande answered on December 20, 2008
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   18   Next ›