My Keurig returns half the water to the reservoir when I brew Recently, for no good reason, my keurig returns half the water to the reservoir whenever I brew a cup of coffee. I have to brew it twice to get one cup. Anyone know how to fix this?
asked by Judy Houser on July 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 41-50 of 194 answers
A
I think it works as an "emergency exit" so if you glue it and water has to backup somewhere, it could maybe be a problem? I am no mechanic, but just a thought.
Crusader answered on July 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hold your finger over the outlet above the water container. Don't let water return. It fixed mine
Peyton H. answered on August 8, 2013

A
Update - have had mine 4 years- only one minor problem which I solved quickly - probably 5 cups of coffee every day for over 4 years - so people saying it is an intrinsically defective product or design have to be wrong.
Shawn K. Duffy answered on November 19, 2013

A
I followed the advice to pinch off the clear rubber thing at the top of the reservoir. I only had to do this once. After that, it started brewing full cups of coffee without returning hot water to the reservoir through the clear rubber thing.
Video lover answered on December 1, 2013

A
Call Keurig. Mine was over a year old and they sent me a brand new one, and so far it seems to be working (much better than the original ever did, too). I'll give Keurig credit, they stood behind this one. The only problem is that i called like 4 or 5 times in the past year and they kept walking me through cleaning the needle and descaling. Just tell them that you've done this many times (if you have) and ask for a replacement. Mention all the reviews and discussions on Amazon with all the issues.

I just got my 2nd one a few days ago so I'll try and update here in awhile to let you know how it's going.
D. Joyce answered on February 18, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You just saved me lots of time and money (I was just going to go buy a new one)!
LindaAtTheCape answered on February 23, 2011

A
Same issue here. Intermittently brewing half cups and pumping water back into the reservoir during brew cycle. Unit is less than 6 months old with light use and we only use filtered water so it's not a clogging issue. I just sent Keurig an email regarding the issue so hopefully their customer service is a s good as others have stated.
David answered on July 2, 2011

A
David, do yourself a favour and call keurig. You'll wait and wait for a reply and the email will just tell you to call customer service and speak to a technician.
D. Joyce answered on July 2, 2011

A
This has happened to me a couple of times before and the problem just suddenly went away. The one time it wouldn't fix itself I fixed it by following the descaling instructions to the letter. No shortcuts. Just follow the instructions step by step.
T. R. Bogayong answered on September 5, 2011

A
What is the phone number people are using to call Kerig and get a replacement?
We upgrade our old Kerig to the Special Edition 9 month ago and are now having the 1/2 cup issue
Richard Morrissey answered on September 9, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   20   Next ›

See all questions about this product