Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by Judy Houser on July 11, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 81-90 of 203 answers
A
Joel G. Alabastro answered on March 21, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You should also check the lower puncture point. This has a gasket and an 'O' ring - if this become dislodged they can block the bottom flow hole and cause a backpressure - so I assume there is a backpressure relief valve which then opens and recircs the water back to the reservoir (to prevent a hot water line from busting and spaying hot water all over the place).
Shawn K. Duffy answered on March 21, 2012

A
I read the article and it seems the patents it talks about are for the k-cups themselves, not the mechanism or process for brewing them. I guess we're still stuck with a faulty system. Does Keurig make all the mechanisms for all manufacturers? How can the same problems plague brewers from different manufacturers? I hear the same complaints from users of the Breville and Cuisinart brewers. I suspect Keurig makes the brewing assemblies and other manufacturers simply build their brewers around them.
Terry answered on March 21, 2012

A
Robert:
It worked for me as well, for awhile. After that, I purchased Urnex Dezcal Activated Scale Remover (on Amazon.com) and it has kept my Keurig Platinum machine working well. You might want to consider this as well.Urnex Dezcal Activated Scale Remover, 3 Boxes of 4-pack's
Dr. Tom answered on March 23, 2012

A
Yo Robert!
Thanks, man. Being a "computer geek" myself, I tried the percussive maintenance you suggested. Works like new! My Keurig is nearly 4 years old, and that brought it back to life. Nonetheless, with the reward points I had, I now have another unit on the way for half the usual price, and intend to keep it for backup.
Joe Feller answered on March 24, 2012

A
Thomas: Thanks for the info! I'll get some in advance and give it a thorough descaling with that soon.
Joe: I'm glad to hear yours has risen once more, too! Enjoy your zombie coffeemaker. :)
Robert Kendrick answered on March 26, 2012

A
Have you tried cleaning the needles? That is what my owners manual says.
Excellent answered on April 16, 2012

A
go with cuisinart....so much better
Excellent answered on April 16, 2012

A
Yep! Nothing in them, though, that I found...
Robert Kendrick answered on April 16, 2012

A
Holding my finger over water inlet does not work for me. Machine is making a weird noise. After I push brew, it makes noise and gurgles. It is about 15 seconds before water starts coming out into cup. And it will only brew a 6 ounce cup
ChocoCon answered on April 18, 2012
‹ Previous   1   ...   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   ...   21   Next ›

See all questions about this product