Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Keurig B60 does not pump water into heating tank

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 298 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2010 7:30:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2012 7:37:28 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
I have been using this maker for 30 days. After the 3rd day it would only brew one cup of coffee and then shut itself off due to a malfunction which is the unit cannot pump water from the clear reservoir. After it is shut off for say 30 minutes and is turned back on it will resume pumping and work correctly.

I contacted Keirig and they sent a replacement. The replacement would not ever pump water and would self shutdown after 45 seconds or so. I never was able to use it. Still using the original like stated above.

I have read a lot of reviews about this same problem and was hoping Keirig has the problem fixed as I really like the concept.

Also, Amazon stopped selling this model for about a week because of issues and I was wondering if the new stock actually works like it is supposed to.

Edited 03/31/10: I am still using the same unit, but with different results. For the last 3 weeks it has worked flawlessly (about 20 cups per week). For my unit anyway, it seems to have gotten better, much better over time. I'm sure it was not designed this way and I am still waiting to hear from people that have received a revised model. If you include your serial number it would be helpful. This is found behind the drip tray.

Edit 05/06/10: Still working flawlessly since early March. Strange I know.

Edit 06/15/10: Still working, no problems.

Edit 08/20/10: Still pumping without fail, however I have had a couple slow brews and partial cups, but rarely. May need to de-scale.

Edit 03/07/11: Still working. Only time I have had an additional problem was laying the unit on its side while we drove 12 hours. Got the air out and no problems since Oct 2010 with the exception of the occasional partial cup.

Edit 01/28/12: Been 2 years now. Same machine. 2 things I do and or don't do. 1. Use filtered water. 2. Never remove reservoir. Have descaled once in 2 years and even then it was very clean.

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 10:36:34 AM PST
I was so excited about my new Keurig and told everyone how I loved it. Then within a few days it stopped pulling water through about 1 out of every 5 times I made coffee. Keurig Customer Service was great and sent me a new one. The new works less often than my original one. I have now gone back to my first one. I don't want to keep getting replacements if they have not fixed the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2010 11:25:27 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
Hi Maggie,

Same thing here. I don't know what to do either. I like the concept and have over 200 K-Cups at the ready. Guess I'll keep using the one that works sometime and when I hear of a fix return it and get a improved model.

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 5:40:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 22, 2010 6:06:11 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 22, 2010 7:23:02 PM PST
D. Staggs says:
I believe they are inundated with CS calls due to all the defective units. I hope they create a better unit in the near future.

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 4:37:00 PM PST
S. Ziegler says:
We have had the same problem with our month-old B60. We also are using the charcoal water filter cartridge. What we've discovered is when we re-fill the reservoir, we need to make sure the filter cartridge is still snapped in tight or it stays 'Not Ready" and eventually turns itself off. Just noticed a new symptom though - when it's sitting idle & on, makes an occasional kind of 'hissing' sound every 20 minutes or so. Anyone else hear this or know what it might be?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2010 3:37:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2010 3:38:22 PM PST
D. Staggs says:
Our B60 either works or not. Reservoir is not a problem since we do not remove it and do not have the filter. The hissing may be due to scaling.

Posted on Jan 28, 2010 11:19:59 AM PST
bearsybear says:
The B60 that was made last year worked great. It had the louder pump that would viberate when it pumped water into the reservoir, but it never didn't work. So many people complained about the noise, that Keurig tried to make a machine that was more quiet. The consequence is that these new "quiet" machines don't work. The pump doesn't seem strong enough. I've had two B70 machines that I bough within the last month, and neither one is working correctly. I also have a mini machine that you pour the water in the machine right before you brew your coffee. I have had no problems with it at all, and it was only $70 at Bed Bath Beyond (be sure to use your 20% off coupon that you get in the mail).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2010 12:02:08 PM PST
D. Staggs says:
I agree. I believe that the serial numbers would confirm that. Mine works, but only one and maaaaaybe two cups at a time then I have to turn it off for 15 minutes or longer and it will make another cup. This works for one coffee drinker, but if there are more someone will be on hold. My serial number on my late model starts with 65.0100. Purchased December 2009.

Posted on Feb 7, 2010 10:27:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 7, 2010 10:42:08 AM PST
BP says:
I am on my 3rd B-60 model. I purchased the first one through Sam's Club which was classified as an Ultimate model and packaged with 72 K-cups. What a deal @ $130! Much to my dismay, it started having the pump problem after 3 weeks of use. I called customer service, was told someone would get back to me within 24-48 hours (which didn't happen) and then finally e-mailed the company with my complaint. I received a follow-up call 24 hours later, but by then I had returned the unit for exchange to Sam's Club only to bring that unit home and it NEVER worked. I received my call from a CS rep the morning after this debacle. She offered to replace the defective unit and e-mail me a FedEX shipping label to return it free of charge. I opted to return to Sam's Club for a full refund and drove directly to my Bed, Bath & Beyond to purchase another B-60 Special Edition unit. This one only lasted 1 week. I will return for a full refund and hope they fix the problem in the future.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 8:34:38 AM PST
Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System We have the same problem with our B60. The first one was a Christmas gift in 2009. It began the failure to refill the reservoir after a few days. We called Keurig and they sent a replacement, but it does the same thing, but not as often. I hope they are working on a permanent solution as we like the convenience of one cup brewing.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:15:14 PM PST
If you all notice, it says that this product now ships within 1-3 MONTHS. I bet you dollars to donuts that's because they are working out their production problems and won't have quick delivery until then.

As far as my situation goes, I bought this about 2 weeks ago. It's already started having problems sucking water into the tank after the first cup. I'm going to cruise these comments and other message boards to see if I see any hints of a permanent fix. Once I do, I'll contact Keurig for a replacement.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:29:11 PM PST
bearsybear says:
I posted on Jan 28th. At that time, I contacted Keurig and was told a rep would call me back. I was called back, and they are shipping out a new machine, but I have to send back just the K-Cup holder on my current machine in a padded envelope....at my cost. She then told me I could simply throw the rest of the machine away.

I have not received the new machine yet, but it is listed on their shipping status that it's shrink wrapped. Does this mean it's a re-conditioned machine??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 2:45:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2010 7:10:17 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
I think they have been inundated with returns and replacements and it is starting to hurt their bottom line. Last month when I complained they sent me a new machine (that never worked) and said they would have FedEx pick it up at their expense. FedEx never showed and I now have 2 machines.

They told me they will simply trash the machine anyway so why send it back especially if they have to incur the cost.

The solution is to send back the holder so you won't have 2 machines (just in case a customer was to lie).

Sure hope they redesign these units and a design that will hold up for years and soon. I still like the concept.

As far as shrink wrap... Invoices or packing list usually do not list how an item is packaged. I find it odd and believe you will have to wait and see when it arrives. Note my previous serial number and compare.

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 2:45:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2010 7:08:12 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
I think they have been inundated with returns and replacements and it is starting to hurt their bottom line. Last month when I complained they sent me a new machine (that never worked) and said they would have FedEx pick it up at their expense. FedEx never showed and I now have 2 machines.

They told me they will simply trash it anyway so why send it back especially if they have to incur the cost.

The solution is to send back the holder so you won't have 2 machines (just in case a customer was to lie).

Sure hope they redesign these units and a design that will hold up for years and soon. I still like the concept.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 4:50:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 9, 2010 7:40:54 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 7:04:37 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 3, 2010 11:43:55 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 6:13:50 PM PST
P. Totman says:
I own two B60s - one at home and one at my office. The one in my home quit working after four months, called customer service, they replaced the machine - told me it needed descaling. They were very pleasant and accommodating - I was happy. Most recently the one at work just quit - no problems experienced - just one day it would not brew. I turned it off, unplugged it and called, and called, and called, Keurig. Never could get through by telephone, so I sent an e-mail. The next day I turned the machine back on and Viola' it worked - Yesterday, my B60 at home did the same thing, I turned it off and unplugged it and when I came home after 9 hours, turned it on and it worked. I am thinking that the computer is going or needs to be reset and just like the home computer it works when you turn it all off and reboot. It seems to take a few hours for it to happen however. No further problems with the machine in my office. Is anyone worried that there is a real problem when they have soooooooo many calls to customer service???? No one ever called me or e-mailed me back about my office machine. I know they will replace the machine but what good does that do if you have to have it replaced every four to six months????? So love the coffee too!!!

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 7:48:04 AM PST
Ken M says:
I also am on my 3rd machine. When they sent me this one, they advised me that they had identified the issue and this unit would not have the same problem. The unit worked fine for three days, but then started having the same issue (turning off when trying to transfer water). I went to their website and sent them a message. Now hoping for the best as I am tired of dealing with this.

Ken

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 9:07:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2010 9:19:14 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
Mine actually worked 4 times in a row last Saturday. Just never know.

I would not return any until Keurig released a fixed model. You know they will.

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 1:38:35 PM PST
Mine stopped working after 3 weeks. They replaced it and told me to keep the original for spare parts. The old one now works somewhat OK if I leave it on 24/7. Once I start to use the timer or shut it off, it starts to act up again...........Love the coffee, hate the machine.

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 4:28:49 PM PST
bearsybear says:
I received the replacement machine about a week and a half ago. Like D. Staggs, this one actually worked about 5 times in a row without shutting off. Hmm, so far so good.....

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 6:26:44 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
I have been monitoring Amazon and the B60 and B70. They stopped selling them for a week or so, then started selling again, but stipulated 1 to 3 month delivery, then that went to 1 to 3 weeks and now they say ( see below). There has to be a fix in the future, there is just too much K-Cup business to let it fail.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 6:41:57 AM PST
D. Staggs says:
Just went to Keurig's website and noticed the B70 (Platinum) and the Breville are unavailable till April and March respectively. This leads me to thinking there is a fix in the works. So I am holding on to my unit until a working model is released then I will return mine at that time. Like RF Pelley said "love the coffee, hate the machine".

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 2:28:07 PM PST
Jim Jug says:
My wife bought a B60 for me in September as a Christmas gift. It went into service around 12/25 and started acting up a few weeks later. It seems that the pump fails to prime, especially right after brewing a cup. I've flipped it upside down and jiggled it and that seems to help; it's as though it develops vapor lock, which prevents the pump from doing its job.

I'm sure it's a simple fix but Keurig probably had 50,000 units in the pipeline when the problem was discovered. Some exec must have decided that it would be better to send new bogus units out to people, rather than have them wait two months for new units to arrive from overseas. Just a thought.

In any case, I called Keurig last night and they are sending a new one. I can only hope it's a "new" one.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  162
Total posts:  298
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2010
Latest post:  17 days ago

Search Customer Discussions