Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Keurig B60 does not pump water into heating tank

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 298 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 7, 2012 12:14:39 PM PST
Virginia says:
The bottom line is that Keurig has a known problem, and they haven't fixed it. I'm on my 3rd replacement in 3 months because of the "Prime" error, and the current machine only lasted 4 days before having the problem. We've only used bottled water, so there's no question that the machine doesn't need cleaning. My first two machines had serial numbers starting with 65.0100, and the 3rd machine has 68.0100. I thought I had a newer model, but I was wrong. Customer Service is so friendly and seemingly helpful on the phone, so willing to fix the problem. Yah. This is ridiculous. The machines shouldn't even be sold unless they work.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 5:43:14 AM PST
My thoughts exactly! I'm on my 4th brewer in as many months since owning one. I haven't opened my 4th brewer because I noticed that if I take the charcoal filter out it is less strain on the motor to pull the water through and I have stopped getting the error. This is no excuse for a poor product though. One question, have you sent back any of your plastic cup holders that they ask for (to confirm that the machine is no longer in service)? It bothers me that I am expected to pay my own shipping costs each time I need to send this back, not to mention the trouble of printing a label and finding the appropriate packaging. So, I have not sent any of the cups back yet and if they charge me for anything I will dispute it.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 6:57:31 AM PST
I haven't sent any of my cups back because it was explained to me that first I had to attempt to repair each one myself...with the guide of a customer service professional. That's four machines. It took 15 minutes to take apart the first one and I got frustrated. I'm supposed to line up each of these machines (an assembly line of broken Keurigs) and tell the C.S guy what is happening at each stage of (supposed) repair. I told him, "I don't have time for this. I just want these machines repaired." Well, if you're not willing to go through this process, you are not able to return your product. That was my experience with Keurig customer service. Hope you have a better one :o)

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 5:57:00 AM PST
I am awaiting my 5th platinum Keurig in 13 months. All 4 had the Prime problem...no water intake after 1 cup. First one was bought at BB and B. Easy exchange. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 all from Keurig as replacements. I have done everything they told me to do as far as the stupid paper clip, measuring cup, flashlight, removing, washing and screen cleaning in reservior, stand on my head and spin around, but those fixes last for about 1-2 cups and then I'm back to prime message. What a pain in the butt. I am so frustrated. I told them after this many failed products, that I wanted my $ back. They said no, they don't do that. They said they could send an upgraded model, but this was the best model they made. They could send me a lower version, but if the problem returned, they could only replace it with that lower model. CS says "We are sorry you are experiencing problems" after each sentence. I do not think they are sorry enough or I wouldn't be on Keurig #5.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 7:05:00 AM PST
Ken M says:
B, B & B will give you a store credit for the full amount, no questions asked. It's not like cash, but if you need something there (other than K-cups), it may be the best solution.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 3:10:34 AM PST
Ed says:
When leaving the unit on for long periods of time, the brewing cycles the heating element on and off to maintain water temp. You will here the hissing sound when it is reheating the water.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:36:17 AM PST
Iris Karma says:
Great! I'm glad it's not just me! I have had this same problem. Got a Classic Brewer for Christmas and it stopped pumping water intermittently after less than a month. Received a replacement--although a different model. CS was very cooperative. Now my second machine is malfunctioning in the same way. What a waste! At least from the posts you all have made, I believe I can get another replacement and CS won't think I'm making this up! What a bother and a waste!!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:49:07 AM PST
We received our 2nd coffee pot and so far everything is working great. I did notice that the water reservoir is a different design from the first pot even though they are the same model number. Maybe they have made some improvements. Because we have such hard water, we did purchase a filter and we use filtered water from the refrigerator. Our neighbor got the same model for Christmas and he had the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2012 8:53:26 AM PST
Mel says:
I guess nothing has changed more than a year later. I bought a B60 3 months ago and it has not once brewed the correct ounces per cut size as it indicates and today it started putting water back into the resevoir. I have no scaling issues. It's just a poor design. Wish I'd known before I bought it. I researched it but looked under reviews. Should have searched 'my keurig is junk'.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 5:47:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 5:00:31 PM PDT
Paul Gendron says:
My problem was once the water was sucked into the brewer it would not go into my cup. So what I did on my b70 since I already had plenty of water in the brewer, I removed the reservoir, with my fingers I blocked the automatic filling elbow and the water intake hole where wter from the reservoir enters the brewer, then start a brewing cycle. At this point the water has nowhere else to go except through the brewer. I did this a couple of times and haven't had issues since. That is about a month without problems.

3/12/12 Just shot myself in the foot. Problem started again and it dosen't seem to be able to fix. I've had it with this s??t. I'm falling back on old faithfull Mr Coffee.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 11:23:03 AM PST
B. Schemm says:
I ran into the no-pumping issue with our Cuisinart SS700 here at work just yesterday (we've only had it a week). It would draw water in, but not pump/brew it out. I found a comment from someone on a website during an internet search yesterday that gave the following instructions to get it working again: Pull out the water reservior, and find the hole that the water goes to. Take a straw, and something around the straw to seal the hole (like a piece of tissue or paper towel), and then blow a bit of air into it. Make sure you have a cup under the spout just in case water comes out there so you don't have a mess. For some reason, getting a bit of air through there seems to free up the pump. Obviously, this doesn't solve the whole problem, but does fix it for a bit. We had to do this again this morning, but at least it's working. Will definitely need to replace if this keeps happening.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:28:09 AM PDT
Joe Cook says:
Add me to the PRIME (message) suspects list!

Had mine less than 30 days and kept getting the PRIME message. Usually though it would only happen when I wanted to brew the largest size cup.

What B. Schemm says seems to be the solution. Or at least the solution which lasts longest anyway. Sealing the hole and blowing compressed air through it takes care of any air bubbles or anything else that might be clogging the pipe. And yes, put it over the sink or some place else or you might get hit with a watery mess.

Anyway -- it does seem to fix the problem. Temporarily. With my unit anyway, it solves the problem for a few days and I get the PRIME message again. Btw, we use only bottled/filtered water here, so I can't imagine why the water itself would start clogging the machine up in just a few days.

Probably will exchange the unit. Though it doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the problem won't crop up once again in the next one. Unless Keurig has addressed this problem and has made a running change with newer ones.

Too bad..like the coffee and the convienience. Not as happy with the machine itself.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 6:35:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 25, 2012 6:35:55 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 3:43:09 PM PDT
Ned says:
Just bought my B60, worked for a week, now getting the prime message. If I remove the water reservoir and put it back the message will clear.... Until after the next cup.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 4:07:39 PM PDT
Ned says:
Update. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65n9j_O-hM

I use filtered water so there really shouldn't be any debris, but I did use a paper clip in the needle as shown in the video. Worked for a complete tank which is a record.... YMMV

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:04:05 AM PDT
lloydnsher says:
04/01/12
I'm afraid to write this as it seems something happens after I do, but my b60 has been working flawlessly after removing the resevoir and filling and re-installing on feb 24..6 weeks Fingers crossed AGAIN..

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:37:59 AM PDT
I'm highly frustrated right now. None of these ideas are working for me, I have the top of the line Keurig and it's not pumping the water, I cant run vinegar thru it when it won't suck up water to brew. I think I've had mine too long for Keurig to replace! This is a $200 machine!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 12:59:42 PM PDT
Ken M says:
go to bed bath

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 1:00:51 PM PDT
Ken M says:
go to bed bath & beyond. They will give you a store credit or another machine, no questions asked

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 2:04:25 PM PDT
Even if I didn't buy it there and was purchased a year ago?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 2:13:33 PM PDT
Ken M says:
yes, just tell them you received it less than a year ago as a gift

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:38:55 AM PDT
Joe Cook says:
I don't know if this will work for you, but it did for me.

I was pretty much at the wit's end at trying to fix this thing. Finally I took someone's advice and used compressed air on it.

What I did was lift out the water reservoir and set it aside. You know that little hole in the base unit that the water reservoir feeds into? Well, I covered the hole as best I could with some lint free cloth (to seal it as best I can), and then used the tiny nozzle of the compressed air canister to slide into the hole. This can get messy, so I'd advise you to put it in the sink or onto a counter where you don't mind cleaning up said mess. Anyway, I then used the compressed air to blast away at anything in the hole and inside the machine.

Out come a lot of water and a few coffee grounds. So either the coffee grounds were the issue, or perhaps some sort of air bubble was plugging things up.

I put the water reservoir back on and for the past 2 weeks (knock copious amounts of wood), it's pumping water as it should. No PRIME messages or other problems. So far, that is..

YMMV and stuff. But good luck to you and others who have had this problem!

Joe

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 6:03:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2012 6:04:39 AM PDT
ERG says:
My Keurig was acting up too. I used the straw method noted earlier, and got it working again. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:53:36 AM PDT
Bonny E. says:
I just looked up this issue because I had an older model Keurig and a large piece of plastic inside the lift up part broke and fell off. I called Keurig, back in Jan 2012 and they sent me a replacement machine. I am now on my 3rd (third) replacement and they all work for about 2 weeks and then stop filling with water. I am tired, frustrated and want the old model back! I now have three new Keurigs that do not work properly. The call to CS last week (when this one would not prime) instructed me to run water through it (without a cup in place) 3 times to insure there is enough water inside the machine because apparently the computer logic is saying there isn't enough water inside and the machine will burn up the heating element if it heats. OK, that worked for 4 days. This morning I called CS and have been referred to their corporate office. When I asked what corporate was going to do for me, they didn't know but said they have to send me there because I have received 3 new machines. I have requested they send a FedEx or UPS label so I can send all the machines back but they are unwilling to do that. Corporate hasn't called me yet. This is a malfunction of the machine that Keurig needs to take care of. I would give anything to have my old machine again. I miss my Keurig but will not be be ordering any more K-cups until this issue is resolved. Someone has made a huge redesign mistake here. These new machines all have 13 digit serial numbers. The old models have 8 digit serial numbers. Hold on to your old machines Keurig lovers! Thanks for letting me vent.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:55:08 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 16, 2012 8:10:48 AM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  162
Total posts:  298
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2010
Latest post:  14 days ago

Search Customer Discussions