Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on July 24, 2013
I needed to purchase sesame seeds for a family favorite recipe yet I wanted a larger amount than those expensive little jars found at the grocery store. I even shopped the local organic grocery store to see if they had an in between size I could purchase. What in the world will I do with two pounds of sesame seeds? After using these sesame seeds three times in a week I'm already planning to become a repeat customer of this brand. Two pounds isn't that much when you find all the ways you can use them.

First- the flavor. The seeds already having been toasted means I get to skip roasting the seeds in every recipe. So that saves me time. The toasted flavor is superb. Roasted to perfection with a great nutty flavor. I have a fabulous recipe for Asian noodle salad and adding toasted sesame seeds is the final step. They also work well in Chinese dishes like Sesame Chicken. I also bake all our bread products so adding an egg wash with a heavy layer of these sesame seeds took the flavor over the top. Don't worry the seeds won't burn. These are also great on a salad saving a few extra calories as I can forgo the croutons. After watching the documentary "Forks over Knives" I learned that adding sesame seeds to a salad helps aid absorption of micro nutrients into the body which is also a bonus. So these seeds are also healthy as well as tasty. They also will make great home made hummus. I will be a repeat customer of this brand.

UPDATE: I just came back and placed my second order. I still use these seeds to cook and bake and I still highly recommend this brand. One tip make sure you keep these seeds refrigerated once you open the package. Sesame seeds because of their high oil content will go rancid quickly if left unrefrigerated.
on August 29, 2013
Sesame is the king of nutrients when it comes to minerals so important to me as a whole delicious seed; calcium, magnesium, zinc and Phytosterol with the healthiest fat.

Accordingly for 100gr servings size of;

FIBER
47__109__151__8__11__4 __41__49__13
PHYTOSTEROLS
714__0__0__0__0__N/A__214__0__0

The most important hormone, and the one that's crucial for weight loss, is insulin. Insulin is the hormone that controls fat storage. A high-carb diet increases the amount of glucose in the bloodstream, which in turn means you produce more insulin. The more insulin the body produces, the more fat gets stored. A low-carb diet means less insulin, making it easier to lose weight because less fat is then stored. For intake of a massive 5,000 calories every day for three weeks with calories from a low-fat, high-carb diet; and for another three weeks with calories from more fat no carbs with exactly the same amount of calories, with moderate exercise regimen each time; low-fat diet stacked on 16 lb with 3.7" (9.5 cm) around the middle where the high fat diet offered a loss of 2.5 lb and loss of 1"(2.5 cm) from waistline. If calorie is calorie, then in my case and my experience shows that I would prefer to get my calories from a healthy fat from sesame seed and almond than the calories from the carbs in chia. Almonds have the highest fat calories from all the seeds and nuts and that is a priority to me in type of calories since I am kind of vegan who consumes fish but hardly any meat or chicken.

Accordingly for 28gr/1oz servings size of;
Amaranth__quinoa__flax__peanut__almonds__chia__sesame__sunflower__cashew__pistachio

TOTAL CALORIES
28.6__33.6__ 150__166__161__137__160__162__155__156
CALORIES FROM CARBS
21.2__23.6__33__28.9__24.6__50__26.8__31.2__34.4__31.8
CALORIES FROM FAT
3.7__4.8__98.8__121__116__72.1__116__112__103__104
CALORIES FROM PROTEIN
3.7__4.9__17.8__16.8__20.6__15.2__17.2__19.1__17.7__20

For almost the same total calories sesame offers half of chia's "CARB CALORIES" gain but 50% more "FAT CALORIES" with high amount of nutrients for weight loss. Sesame is my superfood but almonds are the superfood when it comes to fat calories and vitamin E. Americans consume enough peanut butter each year to coat the floor of the Grand Canyon, priced for 1/3 but hardly with any nutrients vs. sesame. No wonder Burma is the highest producer of sesame in the world.

Fresh means nutritious and delicious. I consume lots of seeds, beans, grains, vegetables, etc. and freshness is a priority regardless of the brand so I always purchase my food ingredients in small quantities from reputable sellers with high turnover. When fresh, food is nutritious and that goes for any food in any form, from frozen to canned. Fresh food is nutritious as well as delicious since nutrients give food its delicious taste. When old or rancid, nutrients are gone and any food item becomes an empty calories with no taste and absolutely worthless regardless of the brand or price, organic or conventional. For few years I consumed seeds in oil form since physicians advised me to do so not knowing that majority are not aware that seeds hardly offer any nutrients unless; seeds are fresh, not old which means rancid, not in oil form, not in supplement form, not hulled, ground and consumed within few days, kept in dark cold temperatures, away from light-sun-moisture since the oil in seeds and nuts go rancid regardless. That is why brown rice which has its nutrients will go rancid even if kept in freezer while white rice will last for years at room temperature since it hardly has any nutrients or oil. I ground in my coffee grinder sesame, flax, chia, amaranth, hemp then add cocoa, isolate protein, soy milk and consume it before my workouts on daily basis for its vitamins, minerals, protein and many nutrients, without much spike in my glucose. Un-hulled seeds are full of nutrients. I never consume hulled seeds which are empty calories, absolutely worthless since the nutrients have been removed.

The mineral content of the hulled sesame seed compared to the unhulled sesame seed differs significantly, specifically when you compare iron and calcium. One tbsp serving of hulled sesame seeds contains 5 mg of calcium and 0.51 mg of iron,vs. unhulled sesame seeds contains 88 mg of calcium and 1.31 mg of iron. The fat primarily consists of the heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. The hulled sesame seed is slightly higher in fat than the unhulled sesame seed because that portion of the seed has higher concentrations of fat. One tbsp serving of hulled sesame seeds contains 5 g of total fat, 0.7 g of saturated fat, 1.9 g of monounsaturated fat and 2.0 g of polyunsaturated fat vs. unhulled sesame seeds contains 4.5 g of total fat, 0.6 g of saturated fat, 1.6 g of monounsaturated fat and 1.9 g of polyunsaturated fat.

This is toasted and I consume raw and dry sesame but once in a while when I can not find any locally, I purchase these.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2014
I had always bought toasted sesame seeds from my local Asian food store. It never tasted very fresh.

This time, I decided to try organic. I could not believe the difference!! This was sooooooo fresh tasting!! Like the seeds were just collected and toasted, like I remember growing up with in Korea!! Very yummy!! I grind it up partially in my FP to release more of the flavor..about one cup. I keep that in a jar in my fridge to use daily and the rest, I keep in the freezer to keep it fresh!

So delicious! I sprinkle it on my rice with a bit of toasted sesame oil and salt. That makes a great late night snack! You can eat it with some nori seaweed sheets, kind of like a sushi roll. I also sprinkle on my fish, veggies...whatever I am in the mood to have taste Asian.

I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it!!
on September 24, 2013
This is the perfect add-on for salads, seaweed and other foods. I have found that you can mix them with a number of options such as organic raw honey to create a perfect kids snack or just eating by itself. Kids love the “popping” effect.

I have tried roasting sesame seeds myself however I don’t think the result is the same. These seem tastier; their roasting seems to be more precise than mine.

Sesame seeds are healthy and this product provides them at a reasonable price.
on April 18, 2014
I love toasted sesame seeds. I use them in many things--sesame brittle, salad dressing and in other preparations, and in granola. (I make a lot of granola, and I put a lot of sesame seeds in my granola.) I also eat them plain--they're good for you and they're delicious. I thought that buying two pounds of them might be excessive, but I've gone through nearly two pounds in about three months. (Although I don't believe there is an issue with freshness, I do keep them in the freezer, as I do all of my nuts and seeds.) I just ordered my second bag.

For me, this is one of life's little joys--an abundance of delicious, healthy, ORGANIC sesame seeds at a price that seems almost ridiculously low. I am so happy to have found these.
on January 25, 2015
We wanted to make our own sushi rolls - for the first time and it was DELICIOUS!!! I like to eat as organic as possible and this it perfect. Since we have never done sushi before, I was thinking about getting one of these sets, but I am happy I did not.

These organic sesame seeds smell so good and taste great when sprinkled over the sushi rolls.

Here is a list of what we needed to make our own "healthy" sushi (most of it from Amazon, except the fresh stuff to fill the rolls with):
Lundberg Organic California Sushi Short White Rice
Eden Foods Organic Naturally Brewed Tamari Soy Sauce - add once the rice is boiled
Eden Foods Organic Brown Rice Vinegar -- 10 fl oz - add once the rice is boiled
Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Bamboo Sushi Mat with Paddle - use the paddle to mix the rice with the sauce and vinegar + wrap up the bamboo mat in plastic wrap
One Organic Sushi Nori Premium Roasted Organic Seaweed - 50 Sheets (4.5 oz) - put half sheet on the mat, spread rice on it
add whatever you want in your sushi roll - we add smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and cucumber
roll it, slice it with a sharp knife dipped in mixture of water and vinegar
THIS Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds - to sprinkle the rolls
don't forget also soy sauce for dipping, spicy mayo (yogurt with hot chili sauce) and sticks!

Sushi rolls take some time to make - 1 hour for the rice, then some time for the rice to cool down and then about 20 mins to make the rolls. Once the rice is done and cooled down, it is fun to sit together at the table and prepare the rolls. It is a great activity for a date night. Plus the result is extremely delicious!!!
on January 11, 2016
My mother used to buy raw seeds and toast them, but I can never get that right, so I buy these regularly. They are an essential component for many Korean dishes, so I cook with and add them as us to many things.

Come is a resealable envelope! And more than meet my needs.
on June 21, 2013
Just what I wanted to add to my bread recipes. I ordered before the weather got too hot, (we have over 100 in summer), so there was no chance of it turning rancid during shipping, arrived perfectly fresh, I will order again.
on July 8, 2014
Absolutely delicious. They add wonderful flavor and texture to sandwiches, salads and anything else I can sprinkle them on. Having a 2 pound supply makes it easy to be very generous when sprinkling on the seeds. Their crunchy, nutty flavor makes everything I put them on just taste better.
on May 19, 2016
Absolutely delicious. I hadn't eaten sesame seeds in years (well, other than my sweetened sesame bars from Oskri, which are a different thing). I'm trying new foods this year and am totally addicted to these toasted seeds. Kevala's seeds are full of flavor; a little sprinkle goes a long way. Fabulous on my pasta with peanut sauce. I can't wait to find more recipes to use them in.