5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh with a great taste
Published 16 months ago by Luv My Amazon Prime

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're buying this to make homemade tahini...
I purchased this product for use in making my own tahini in a food processor. I found the taste of the tahini I made to be significantly different than the commercial tahini I have always used(Roland). My homemade version tasted very smokey.
While I liked the idea of making my own tahini, and found it to be simple process, my family and I preferred the taste of the...
Published 1 month ago by Kevin Earls

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh with a great taste, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
I needed to purchase sesame seeds for a family favorite recipe yet I wanted a larger amount than those expensive little jars found at the grocery store. I even shopped the local organic grocery store to see if they had an in between size I could purchase. What in the world will I do with two pounds of sesame seeds? After using these sesame seeds three times in a week I'm already planning to become a repeat customer of this brand. Two pounds isn't that much when you find all the ways you can use them.

First- the flavor. The seeds already having been toasted means I get to skip roasting the seeds in every recipe. So that saves me time. The toasted flavor is superb. Roasted to perfection with a great nutty flavor. I have a fabulous recipe for Asian noodle salad and adding toasted sesame seeds is the final step. They also work well in Chinese dishes like Sesame Chicken. I also bake all our bread products so adding an egg wash with a heavy layer of these sesame seeds took the flavor over the top. Don't worry the seeds won't burn. These are also great on a salad saving a few extra calories as I can forgo the croutons. After watching the documentary "Forks over Knives" I learned that adding sesame seeds to a salad helps aid absorption of micro nutrients into the body which is also a bonus. So these seeds are also healthy as well as tasty. They also will make great home made hummus. I will be a repeat customer of this brand.

UPDATE: I just came back and placed my second order. I still use these seeds to cook and bake and I still highly recommend this brand. One tip make sure you keep these seeds refrigerated once you open the package. Sesame seeds because of their high oil content will go rancid quickly if left unrefrigerated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superfood..., August 29, 2013
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
Sesame is the king of nutrients when it comes to minerals so important to me as a whole delicious seed; calcium, magnesium, zinc and Phytosterol with the healthiest fat.

Accordingly for 100gr servings size of;

FIBER
47__109__151__8__11__4 __41__49__13
PHYTOSTEROLS
714__0__0__0__0__N/A__214__0__0

The most important hormone, and the one that's crucial for weight loss, is insulin. Insulin is the hormone that controls fat storage. A high-carb diet increases the amount of glucose in the bloodstream, which in turn means you produce more insulin. The more insulin the body produces, the more fat gets stored. A low-carb diet means less insulin, making it easier to lose weight because less fat is then stored. For intake of a massive 5,000 calories every day for three weeks with calories from a low-fat, high-carb diet; and for another three weeks with calories from more fat no carbs with exactly the same amount of calories, with moderate exercise regimen each time; low-fat diet stacked on 16 lb with 3.7" (9.5 cm) around the middle where the high fat diet offered a loss of 2.5 lb and loss of 1"(2.5 cm) from waistline. If calorie is calorie, then in my case and my experience shows that I would prefer to get my calories from a healthy fat from sesame seed and almond than the calories from the carbs in chia. Almonds have the highest fat calories from all the seeds and nuts and that is a priority to me in type of calories since I am kind of vegan who consumes fish but hardly any meat or chicken.

Accordingly for 28gr/1oz servings size of;
Amaranth__quinoa__flax__peanut__almonds__chia__sesame__sunflower__cashew__pistachio

TOTAL CALORIES
28.6__33.6__ 150__166__161__137__160__162__155__156
CALORIES FROM CARBS
21.2__23.6__33__28.9__24.6__50__26.8__31.2__34.4__31.8
CALORIES FROM FAT
3.7__4.8__98.8__121__116__72.1__116__112__103__104
CALORIES FROM PROTEIN
3.7__4.9__17.8__16.8__20.6__15.2__17.2__19.1__17.7__20

For almost the same total calories sesame offers half of chia's "CARB CALORIES" gain but 50% more "FAT CALORIES" with high amount of nutrients for weight loss. Sesame is my superfood but almonds are the superfood when it comes to fat calories and vitamin E. Americans consume enough peanut butter each year to coat the floor of the Grand Canyon, priced for 1/3 but hardly with any nutrients vs. sesame. No wonder Burma is the highest producer of sesame in the world.

Fresh means nutritious and delicious. I consume lots of seeds, beans, grains, vegetables, etc. and freshness is a priority regardless of the brand so I always purchase my food ingredients in small quantities from reputable sellers with high turnover. When fresh, food is nutritious and that goes for any food in any form, from frozen to canned. Fresh food is nutritious as well as delicious since nutrients give food its delicious taste. When old or rancid, nutrients are gone and any food item becomes an empty calories with no taste and absolutely worthless regardless of the brand or price, organic or conventional. For few years I consumed seeds in oil form since physicians advised me to do so not knowing that majority are not aware that seeds hardly offer any nutrients unless; seeds are fresh, not old which means rancid, not in oil form, not in supplement form, not hulled, ground and consumed within few days, kept in dark cold temperatures, away from light-sun-moisture since the oil in seeds and nuts go rancid regardless. That is why brown rice which has its nutrients will go rancid even if kept in freezer while white rice will last for years at room temperature since it hardly has any nutrients or oil. I ground in my coffee grinder sesame, flax, chia, amaranth, hemp then add cocoa, isolate protein, soy milk and consume it before my workouts on daily basis for its vitamins, minerals, protein and many nutrients, without much spike in my glucose. Un-hulled seeds are full of nutrients. I never consume hulled seeds which are empty calories, absolutely worthless since the nutrients have been removed.

The mineral content of the hulled sesame seed compared to the unhulled sesame seed differs significantly, specifically when you compare iron and calcium. One tbsp serving of hulled sesame seeds contains 5 mg of calcium and 0.51 mg of iron,vs. unhulled sesame seeds contains 88 mg of calcium and 1.31 mg of iron. The fat primarily consists of the heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. The hulled sesame seed is slightly higher in fat than the unhulled sesame seed because that portion of the seed has higher concentrations of fat. One tbsp serving of hulled sesame seeds contains 5 g of total fat, 0.7 g of saturated fat, 1.9 g of monounsaturated fat and 2.0 g of polyunsaturated fat vs. unhulled sesame seeds contains 4.5 g of total fat, 0.6 g of saturated fat, 1.6 g of monounsaturated fat and 1.9 g of polyunsaturated fat.

This is toasted and I consume raw and dry sesame but once in a while when I can not find any locally, I purchase these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and nutritious, September 24, 2013
AP (Virginia, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
This is the perfect add-on for salads, seaweed and other foods. I have found that you can mix them with a number of options such as organic raw honey to create a perfect kids snack or just eating by itself. Kids love the “popping” effect.

I have tried roasting sesame seeds myself however I don’t think the result is the same. These seem tastier; their roasting seems to be more precise than mine.

Sesame seeds are healthy and this product provides them at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
I love toasted sesame seeds. I use them in many things--sesame brittle, salad dressing and in other preparations, and in granola. (I make a lot of granola, and I put a lot of sesame seeds in my granola.) I also eat them plain--they're good for you and they're delicious. I thought that buying two pounds of them might be excessive, but I've gone through nearly two pounds in about three months. (Although I don't believe there is an issue with freshness, I do keep them in the freezer, as I do all of my nuts and seeds.) I just ordered my second bag.

For me, this is one of life's little joys--an abundance of delicious, healthy, ORGANIC sesame seeds at a price that seems almost ridiculously low. I am so happy to have found these.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY fresh and clean tasting!!, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
I had always bought toasted sesame seeds from my local Asian food store. It never tasted very fresh.

This time, I decided to try organic. I could not believe the difference!! This was sooooooo fresh tasting!! Like the seeds were just collected and toasted, like I remember growing up with in Korea!! Very yummy!! I grind it up partially in my FP to release more of the flavor..about one cup. I keep that in a jar in my fridge to use daily and the rest, I keep in the freezer to keep it fresh!

So delicious! I sprinkle it on my rice with a bit of toasted sesame oil and salt. That makes a great late night snack! You can eat it with some nori seaweed sheets, kind of like a sushi roll. I also sprinkle on my fish, veggies...whatever I am in the mood to have taste Asian.

I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
I used to have to have a friend go to an Asian store near them to find sesame seeds. These are even better because they are toasted. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
These are the best tasting sesame seeds. I would purchase them again. Would recommend to everyone. They taste great. Sprinkle on salads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product..., June 13, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
This product exceeded my expectations. I will purchase this product again, and I will certainly purchase other products from this company/producer.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, GREAT PRICE, May 28, 2014
Betty J. Scott (Oklahoma City, OK USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
Fresh, good price, much better to buy here than in store, which is smaller quantities. I recommend this product. Good

5.0 out of 5 stars So GOOD, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs (Misc.)
Very fresh & so very tasty. Love to use them on salads or even to just eat plain. Toasting really brings out the flavor.

Kevala Organic Toasted Sesame Seeds 2Lbs