Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kevin VanDam's Bass Strategies Revised Edition
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 1, 2010
This is a great book for anyone who is a serious bass fisherman or anyone who would like to become a better bass fisherman. This book covers it all you will not be disappointed. When it comes to bass fishing knowledge KVD is in a class by himself. Very easy to read and understand and you will find yourself wanting to read it more than once.
on April 18, 2011
I've read several fishing books now and most of them are loaded with life stories or tales about something that matters to them. Meh...

KVD's Bass Strategies Revised Edition covers fishing and that's it. Awesome book with some seriously complicated strategies that are a bit beyond me, but it's really re-readable.

One concern - PUT IT ON THE KINDLE kthx. I love the Kindle search feature for books like this.
on July 4, 2011
I had been bass fishing for many years, with erratic results, when I bought this book. It guided me in upgrades of my rod, reel, and tackle, and on my first opportunity to test the new stuff, I caught several fish over six pounds at Keuka Lake, in Steuben County, including one less than two pounds off the state record (about 11 lbs).

I reread passages every day, as religious a devotion to text as I have ever made. I have augmented this work with other books (I recommend one which lays out the scientific data available on bass sensoria, available at Amazon), online research, and chats with fishermen at local (NYC) ponds.

While experiencing some information overload, I am enthused about this pursuit in a way not seen since my teens (I'm several multiples of teens). This book changed my life (my girlfriend isn't sure whether for the better, since my conversation now darts to fishing like a lunker to a crawdad), and it may change yours.
on February 6, 2013
This is the first bass book I have ever purchased. Being raised a walleye fisherman I need all the help I can get fishing for bass. Lots of great information and descriptions of VanDam's approach and thought process on bass fishing.
on February 11, 2014
If you just fish bass for fun or if you fish tournaments, this is a must read. KVD is arguably the best Bass fisherman that has ever made a cast for bass. Learn his strategies for all the different conditions and water types you may encounter all across the country.
on January 25, 2012
If you were looking for a source of information about bass fishing this is it. Kevin VanDam explains his methods for catching bass in all types of situations. He covers techniques for using spinner baits, crank baits, plastic lures, jigs, top water lures and just about everything else. He also explains his choice of rods and reels which is a great help to anyone baffeled by the vast array of equipment on the market.
on June 17, 2016
Great book. From the mind of bass legend Kevin Van Dam (KVD). Very informative on how to catch bass in a variety of conditions and techniques that KVD uses himself. I would recommend this book to any tournament bass fisherman, whether beginner or pro alike.
on November 26, 2012
I bought the book with the hopes of learning the specific details of how, when, and where to start looking for fish. I was not disapointed. This book goes into amazingly simple to follow detail and tells you step by step how to lay out a plan in fishing a new lake or fishing the lake you have fished many times before.

The section on equipment is super easy to follow but full of technical information that escapes most amatuer fisherman.
on January 3, 2014
I have to admit this handbook has very creative ideas and really makes me think outside the box. If nothing else it gave me some comfort knowing we have similar traits.. That allows me to build on what knowledge I already have from experience. I recommend this book for beginners to veterans. After 25 years I learned a few game winner tips
on July 4, 2013
Easy read and very informative. Would recommend to all anglers from beginner to expert; there is something for everyone. I am just starting in my Bass adventures and have learned a lot from the pages within this book. KVD makes the concepts simple.