5.0 out of 5 stars Great vest.
I've been looking for a light weight vest that didn't feel bulky and this is it. The sizes are misleading. A large is the same size of most other X-Large items,so I ordered a Medium and it's exactly what I want. I am very pleased with the way the order was handled when I had to return the oversized vest and order a small size that fits.
Published on December 4, 2012 by Dennis Fischer

3.0 out of 5 stars Select medium if you're a LARGE
Published 23 months ago by Yakkster

3.0 out of 5 stars Select medium if you're a LARGE, January 26, 2013
Yakkster (CA, Foothills) - See all my reviews
I'm glad I went by another reviewer's suggestion to buy the medium size as fit was important for me. I did not want it too loose. I'm a round tummied old guy. And I'm not much of a clothes shopper so don't know how typical shirt or jacket sizing numbers work.. To give you a true idea sizing I just got my carpenter's tape measure out and wrapped just above my belly button. Sheesh ... and I don't even drink beer ... anyway it measured 38" With a t-shirt and light long sleeved flannel shirt worn under it I can just slip my fingertips between the vest and my bulge. I figure there's just enough room left for a good dinner!

The collar was another important buying point for me. I just sent a wonderful and expensive down vest off to the Goodwill because I could not stand it's tall fluffed-up collar constantly rubbing my neck. This new vest is to replace a tattered old Eddie Bauer bought probably in the '70's. It was one I'd given my Dad. I wore mine like it out years ago. Anyway these old Bauers have a GREAT crew collar which lays flat and out of the way for anything worn under or over it. It doesn't stand-up and irritate my neck.

The collar on this Key vest from the picture looked like it'd be the same, but it wasn't. It raised up enough to irritate my neck. Solution was to take some black thread and a needle and fold it back on itself and sew it down. Took me about 45 minutes to run 3/8" in/out stitches all the way around.

The quality of manufacture seems poor to me as all around the inner seams flecks of the white liner peek out. Minor point for me but thought I'd mention it.

For the price I think it's a fair deal and hope it's the last vest I'm gonna have to buy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vest., December 4, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer in Maine, November 20, 2012
Was Just what I was looking for ,Its soft material ,not stiff fabric , well sewed ,and packaged just great. Fast delivery , i just cant say anything negative about it . Now for the fit i wont know because it is a Christmas gift for my husband

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vest for Layering and Style, December 1, 2012
I have been looking for a black vest that is stylish and well cut. The small label on the front pocket can be easily removed for an even more minimal look. This a is a cool looking vest with hoodie underneath.

3.0 out of 5 stars vest, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Key Apparel Men's Quilted Cooler Vest (Apparel)
Reviews speak of sizes being a little large, but they only sell large and extra large now. I have been trying to get a medium for months without success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg worth every ˘!, February 22, 2014
Got size Mr =snug fit for 42r men's jacket. This will keep you warm while wearing thermal for little activity. But you will sweat for medium/hi activity. Would like a stretched ribbed lower back like the collar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits good, the XL was pretty true to form., February 14, 2014
Light weight but still added warmth under a lighter jacket and just what I was after/ Would purchase again. . . maybe in a differant color. Been nice to have had an inside pocket.

3.0 out of 5 stars fit, December 16, 2013
vest was way too big
Key Industries Men's Quilted Cooler Vest, Black, XX-Large-Regular some cloths dont fit us people well

1.0 out of 5 stars very lightweight, December 2, 2013
this vest was way lighter weight then i expected. didnt feel very well made and not really warm. came late also. am sending back

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job., November 16, 2013
This vest is comfortable and does what it's supposed to. It's not as plush or thick as I had expected, but it fits under jackets very well.

Key Apparel Men's Quilted Cooler Vest