4.0 out of 5 stars Grey Color good, dark color too short
Published on January 11, 2012 by Richard Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Oops!!!
Published on September 23, 2012 by D. Howell

4.0 out of 5 stars Grey Color good, dark color too short, January 11, 2012
I first bought the gray color for $10 each and that was a great deal and good fit. Then I reordered but you can only order two gray at a time so I added a dark color one to qualify for the free shipping and it seemed like a 1/2 size smaller. I even laid the dark color on the gray after they were both washed and sure enough, the dark is slightly smaller and about one inch shorter for the same Large-Tall size???

3.0 out of 5 stars Oops!!!, September 23, 2012
D. Howell (Burbank, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I have a BIG beer gut. I normally wear a 2X-Large when buying sport shirts, but I order my tee shirts in a size 3X-Large-Tall to insure that they are roomy and stay tucked under my waistband after navigating around my belly. Well, be careful what you wish for. These Key Industries Heavyweight Pocket Tee Shirts were surely manufactured by Omar the Tent Maker! They are HUGE!!! Which would be okay, except that the necklines are also HUGE. I might be guilty of being overly fussy on this point, but I do not think that a crew neck tee shirt should display man-cleavage.

On the upside, I now have two very roomy and warm tee shirts to wear while lounging around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are just about the best on the market., May 15, 2012
This review is from: Key Apparel Men's Big & Tall Short Sleeve Heavyweight Pocket Tee Shirt (Apparel)
These are sewn with real thread, the size is dead on perfect. Not made of the cheap stuff from China that unravels. I would rate it 5 stars and then some. They are the old heavy 100% cotton. I ordered some from a national big man catalog they lasted three washings and fell apart and the cost was three times more. These are so much better made. The silkscreen label is on both side of the back of the neck. Just so the wife will tell you have have it on inside out. You can tell that the quality control is from day gone by and no threads are left hanging at the seams like what you get nowadays. They are bar none the best I have seen in a long time. Better then the name brands. It's not the thin material of the brand names nowadays. The only thing is the smell of the insecticide of international shipping crates, but a washing and that smell is gone. I will be ordering more of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size runs large and there's a big tacky logo on the back, May 15, 2013
I ordered this shirt in Large Tall which is what I normally wear in T-Shirts, when it arrived it fit more like an XLT (Extra Large Tall).

In addition to that there is a large (2") and tacky logo for the company screen printed on the back, this is not disclosed in the listing.

Amazon did great on the return at least.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice shirt but really big, November 23, 2012
My husband wears 4X in t shirts from Walmart, so I thought these would be perfect. They run really big, so just think about that when you are ordering. Otherwise, they are nice shirts. They have the word "Key" imprinted on the back for the world to read. I don't much care for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Work Shirts, October 24, 2012
My boyfriend uses 1 pocket tees as his work shirt and he is so very impressed with the apparent sturdiness and comfortable fit of his Key tees! He was also happy with Keys definition of a "Tall", lots of lenghth for his 6'4" frame!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Big, October 5, 2013
Usually wear an XXLarge from Walmart because they shrink and become too short. Ordered the Key shirt in X Large because of all the reviews about these shirts being over sized. It was still way too big and very long. Even washing didn't help much. I am 6' 2", about 220 pounds. Ordered two in gray. Will try Large next. Good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars good and cheap shirt, May 29, 2013
Matthew Megas (Charlottesville, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
High quality, low price, durable shirt. Got exactly what I expected and will buy more from this brand in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirts, February 6, 2012
BrianS (California) - See all my reviews
These are good T-shirts. However, the sizes I got were less than exact. Some were bigger, some smaller. The grey 4xlt was at least a size large, and the black was even larger. These are fun casual wear but fit more like a mu mu. I decided to keep them but I also ordered more a size smaller... we'll see. Also, the shirts have very small "Key" logos front and back. The front one can be snipped off, but the back is printed on the shirt. Since another customer got an exact fit in the same size this may be a hit and miss thing. For $10 how far wrong can you go?

This is just a follow-up. After wearing both 3x long and 4x long for a month I'm very happy with the purchase. They shrink about 1/2 a size in the first wash but remain on the large side. These large Ts are for comfort not showing off your physique. Also, there is no neck tag, so no scratchy neck. Instead the size/back info is printed on the inside of the neck. At 9.95 this was a great buy. If I had more storage room I'd stock up.

Follow up: I bought 15 or 20 black and gray Ts of 4x long and long/big almost 2 years ago and am still happy with them, especially the gray ones. The stitching on the black ones started looking like it was done inside out but holds up well. Also, the black ones have smaller necks than the gray ones. I'm happy to see that the shirts are still being made and sold at the same great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, except for the dye., July 21, 2013
Edit: July 2014. After about a year of washes, the shirts needed replacing. The new lot that were sent look similar to the ones I received last year, but the material is so much thinner. I'm a little disappointed by the change in quality.

I purchased these t-shirts for my husband to wear at work, because the quality of the Hanes tees I had been buying has been disappointing lately. The quality of these shirts seems very high; the cotton is thickly spun but breathable, the color is nice, and the collar is firm without strangling.

The first time I wash anything, I expect bleeding, so I separated these into a dark load. Mostly, though, I run my laundry loads in order of priority; work clothes are at the top of the list. So, the second time I washed these shirts, it was in a mixed load with a white skirt and some pillowcases. That white skirt and those pillowcases became tie dyed light blue. I ran a bleach load, the blue came out, no harm, no foul.

However, I've been washing these shirts once or twice a week for about six weeks now, and they continue to bleed dye. The color hasn't faded much from the tee, but I don't expect that to remain the case as every wash leaches out a little more color. I'm disappointed and inconvenienced by this; not only did I have higher expectations from a moderately expensive shirt, but I have also had to alter the way I do laundry so that these shirts don't enter the same load as anything light colored. I used to wash my white clothing right in with the dark clothes, and do a separate bleach load only every two or three weeks to keep things bright. Now, I set all my light stuff aside to wash all at once, which means a lights or bleach load every ten to 12 days to keep my light colored things in circulation.

TL;DR, these shirts serve beautifully the function of keeping my husband comfortable at work, which is the purpose for which they were purchased. Unfortunately, the bleeding dye has the function of complicating my laundry routine, which makes me aggravated at home.