5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Useful Keyboard
I gave this product 5 stars for many reasons:

Published 18 months ago by Jennifer V.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good - Except for shutoff
Published 10 months ago by Harold M. Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Useful Keyboard, April 26, 2013
I gave this product 5 stars for many reasons:

The keyboard is of good quality - the keys are hard not silicone, which was why I bought it in the first place - the leather case is also good quality - the keyboard is DETACHABLE so you can remove it () - it is detached with four-corner magnets - but BEWARE this also makes it easy to slide off if you are tilting the case upside down (which I don't due, but I'm letting readers know this) - also the keys are small, but I purchased that knowing full well that the keys are smaller than the average keyboard size - but I also have small hands, so it works good for me.

The stand is awesome - you must pull it completely out, but it is a "hard" stand, not soft so it keeps the case upward at a good angle.

The clasp is good, but some might find it annoying that: when it is standing, the leather strap sticks out and at the bottom of the keyboard, this is easy to fix by placing the leather underneath the keyboard (detaching the keyboard and sticking it under) or by folding back and placing it under the case.

When in the case - the tablet's buttons and outlets are accessable and not covered (if you have placed it the correct way by lining up the camera hole). The camera hole is also bigger than the tablet's camera eye which gives it extra space to be slide around.

Lastly, the keyboard is Bluetooth and it can work up to 10 meters away - I haven't seen if this is true, but I have tested it at about 5-6 feet away and it does work.

Loved this so much I bought one for my mom for Mother's Day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard and case, December 21, 2013
This review is from: IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet - will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (Black) (Electronics)
This is a great keyboard. I was surprised, as I do not like many of the new keyboards. I am a retired legal assistant and from the "old school" of typists. On the job, my 8-hour day sometimes meant 6 hours of straight typing tasks. Something to be said for wordy attorneys. I have always enjoyed typing, as opposed to just keyboarding. Speed and accuracy were paramount. Coming up through the ranks of evolving computers and keyboards. I Ioved the old IBM keyboard that "clacked" when you typed. Sounds silly, but this noise subconsciously lets you know you've hit the right keys - it has to do with processing words in your mind from recorded dictation and then typing it. You can immediately sense when you have "missed" hitting a key. Especially when typing very length legal documents and letters. Even being retired, I still do a lot of typing, and I have not liked the feel of many of the new quieter keyboards.

Having said that, there is something about this keyboard that, while it is silent, it gives you a clear impression that you have hit the keys you wanted to hit. It is very comfortable to use and the case is very well made - sturdy and well padded to protect the Kindle Fire when transporting it. Love the collapsable prop that holds it at the right angle for reading and typing. It is smaller, of course, than my current computer keyboard, but believe it or not, has a better feel. I am a fast typist (after 30 years, I guess) and I hate it when a keyboard slows me down. Sorry, have never been able to master the thumb typing thing - a purist, you know. Made typing my contact list a breeze and sending emails is fun again. Now if only WordPerfect would design an app for the Kindle, I could forget my computer all together.

All in all, I can highly recommend this keyboard and case - mine is black with red accents and very attractive. I have been extremely pleased with it, and as you can tell, I am fussy. My first IVSO products - nice job!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good - Except for shutoff, November 27, 2013
Keyboard works well. It has a reasonable touch, and doesn't seem to suffer from the "dropsies", ergo not recording what you typed, like many other much more expensive keyboard covers. What doesn't work is the auto on/off feature due to the cover spine not keeping the two sides evenly closed. Even with the strap closed, the top and bottom sides of the case can slide out of alignment thus taking the Kindle out of sleep mode. In a briefcase you can wind up with a dead battery fairly quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, December 12, 2013
Karen O. Peek (Norfolk, VA USA) - See all my reviews
The leather case is well made, and I LOVE the bluetooth keyboard! I saw in other reviews that it sometimes fell out, but I can hold it upside down and the magnets hold it in place...even when I shake it. The keyboard is encased in leather as well, which I didn't expect. It's sturdy and elegant.

The only downside is that it has a blue light that comes on briefly when I turn it on. I don't know what it's supposed to indicate, since it doesn't stay on while in use.

I also wish it had a place to keep a stylus in the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely perfect!!, July 1, 2013
Anonymous "Dan" (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I have no problems what so ever with this purchase. Its gave my tablet a stylish look and a laptop feel. Im currently in college and this is all i travel to school with. Keyboard was easy to install and keys are responsive.Strongly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect internet access while using keyboard with Kindle Fire HDX, December 27, 2013
Janet (Tetonia, ID, United States) - See all my reviews
I have a Kindle Fire HDX and when the keyboard is bluetoothed to the Kindle, the wireless feature freezes. The icons showing wireless connection and the bluetooth connection are both lit, but only one of the two will function. I tried using an alternate browser (Firefox Browser for Android), but the problem remained. I am returning the keyboard/case at the suggestion of the Amazon help staff.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy, April 29, 2013
Easy to use. I do wish it had Velcro to hold the key board in place. The first time I went to take a picture the key board fell out

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not fully compatible with the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9., December 7, 2013
Mike D. (Pacific Palisades) - See all my reviews
Good case and keyboard, but be warned that it is NOT fully compatible with the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013) tablet, when you use the camera app. for the rear camera, a graphic will appear on the screen assuming you have another case and ask you to slide the Kindle up to use the camera which you can't do in the case. I've not found a way to get rid of this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHOCKED THIS CAME FROM HONG KONG, January 15, 2014
PRE ORDERED THIS ON AMAZON PRIME ...FEEL LIKE I STOLE A GREAT CASE FOR $36 BUCKS...I WAS REALLY RELUCTANT BECAUSE IT HAD LIKE 33 REVIEWS BEFORE IT HAD EVEN COME OUT..ERROR ? OR AT THE VERY LEAST A RED FLAG...I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE...AMAZON`S CLUELESS...SO I ROLLED THE DICE... I`M REALLY HAPPY WITH THIS CASE ...
PERFECTLY SMALL AND LIGHTWEIGHT, YET VERY PROTECTIVE AND USEFUL... STILL STUNNED THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS WAS MADE OVERSEAS ? IT WAS WELL MADE...THE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD IS AWESOME,THE STAND SITS AT A PERFECT VIEWING ANGLE.
I HAVE REPLACED MY LAPTOP WITH A 7 INCH KINDLE FIRE DHX ALONG WITH THIS CASE.. IT GIVES ME A KEYBOARD AND I DON`T NEED A MOUSE SINCE I`M SWIPING THE TOUCH SCREEN ON THE KINDLE

I HAVE GONE FROM CARRYING AROUND A HEAVY BACKPACK WITH WIRES AND A MOUSE TO CARRYING A PAPERBACK BOOK...VERY NICE CASE... GLAD I BOUGHT IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cover/keyboard for my Kindle, January 17, 2014
I love this cover/keyboard. I have had it for a few days now and it is wonderful. I have had several positive comments on it from other people that have seen it. It looks very nice, not cheap. Perfect size for me. I especially like the cutouts for the power and volume buttons. There is also a cutout for the port to charge my Kindle or the keyboard and still keep the cover closed. It was extremely easy to pair the keyboard with my Kindle. Just a few steps and I was on my way. The keys on the keyboard are great. I have not had any problems with keys sticking or repeating. The stand on the cover is very nice and sturdy. When using the keyboard, the screen on the Kindle is at the perfect angle to see what is on it. Overall I think this is a wonderful product and would highly recommend it to anyone with a Kindle Fire HDX. It is worth every single penny that the cover costs and then some! LOVE it!!!!