Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 4, 2010
This is an awesome product. It was well packaged and I recieved it in 3 days which is unusual considering i live in alaska. It installed in just a couple minutes.
77 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2011
Just installed my new keyboard into my Inspiron E1705. Installation was easy--I watched a youtube video to see how to insert the new keyboard and ribbon. So far, everything is working perfectly. Keys look and feel identical to the previous keyboard (minus wear). If I had known that it was so cheap and easy to replace a laptop keyboard, I would have done this five years ago! Will update later to say how things are working later on.

update: 6 weeks later, my keyboard is still working great!

Update ~1.5 years later: the keyboard outlived the working lifespan of the laptop and was still going strong.I really got my money's worth out of it. Worth every penny
on April 13, 2012
Purchased this keyboard to replace the original keyboard on a Dell E1505. The keys and key action appear to be identical to the original. This keyboard shipped quickly and in fine packaging. I am happy with this purchase.
on October 2, 2011
The vendor is a 5-star, quick and efficient.

The product is a great product and taught me somehing about the product. I am typing on the keyboard right now. I purchased the product to replace a broken "v" key. The keyboard is light and compact and easy to install (watch the 3 minute video on the Amazon Link), less than 10 minutes too instal for a first time instal. Do not be afraid to change the product yourself. Get the product to replace your keys. The product weights less than a lb.
on December 26, 2012
Just as advertised. Perfect fit and feels exactly like the original. Good value for the money but be warned there are no instructions so don't open the old laptop unless you are comfortable going there.
on May 19, 2012
This keyboard didn't fit my Dell 9400. The first thing I noticed was the connector was upside down. So, I just refolded the cable to match up but, the tabs on the connector were a little too big so, I trimmed them but never acheived a good fit with the pins. After modifying it I didn't ask them to take it back. I gave up and searched by the numbers on the sticker from the bottom of the keyboard. Found a perfect match at OptimumSol. This might have fit some of the Dells but, not mine. Moral is: don't search by your model number alone (I really should know this by now).
on June 12, 2015
I installed this keyboard on a friend's laptop. With the video from other buyer, the proccess took less than 15 minutes. My friend is happy with the new keyboard in his 11 year old computer. I wish other companies make laptops as easy to service as this.
on April 29, 2015
Was not the same as the one I took out. Mine was silver but rather hard to find that one or stupid expensive. I put this one into a Dell XPS M17 and I have never had a problem with it at all.

Easy change, nice feel on the keys.
on July 19, 2014
Replaced the key board in less than 10 minutes. I had never done one before, saw it done on youTube.
I spent over an hour trying to reattach the space bar on the old keyboard. The local "GEEK" shop wanted $75 + labor= over $135
I replaced it with this keyboard in less then 10 minutes for less than $13.
It also arrived 2 days earlier than suggested.
on March 4, 2013
Only had the thing in 15 minutes but i am so thrilled to have a working keyboard again i must rave about it. I have been struggling with a hand me down laptop for years. I had one working number key, no shift or control, no F keys, 6 completely broken letters, 4 mostly broken, and one missing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 and installing it was easy peasy maybe 5 minutes including cleaning the interior of the computer. If you havent done it before check out youtube by searching by your model number. I cant believe i struggled so long when it was this easy.

It arrived very well packed in a box inside a padded envelope. In the box it was bagged and wrapped in bubble wrap clean and clearly new.

Today is March 4th, 2013 If i encounter any issues i will update my review.