Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 8, 2014
My title requires some clarification... If your markets are anything like mine, going to the meat aisle is nerve wrecking to say the least... good fresh meat is difficult to find, and no matter what, there is never going to be a product canned in metal that can beat freshly ground chuck and sirloin... so if you're expecting perfection, then you should go see your butcher instead... if you want a convenient, flavorful product to keep in your pantry, then Keystone Meats is the answer.

The ingredients on can: beef and sea salt. I like that! I'm certain that most people don't want to know what is in hamburger from the store... it's generally, I'm told, scraps from cuts of very good meat, trimmings... it's clear that Keystone does the same... it's hamburger, so there's going to be some fat, but the meat used seems of good quality, and the flavor is wonderful for chili, soups... I like it in spaghetti sauce, chili, and tacos especially... tasted on it's own after heating, has a very good flavor.

The product's flavor, texture and color is consistent with freshly cooked ground beef.

When you open the can, you'll see a mass of cooked burger in the middle, surrounded by natural juices and fat... if you want a leaner burger, drain the fat, and heat only the mass of burger... it's precooked, so only requires heating.

I'll be ordering this product regularly, and will look forward each time to some delicious spaghetti, chili or tacos

This can be warmed, run through a food processor, and frozen in ice cube trays, to have ready an easy cube of beef flavor for rice, mac & cheese, scrambled eggs and the like, where you want just some beef flavor.

The reviews which call it unfit and compare it to pet food, are, likely, from people who can never be pleased... you could grind up a very fresh sirloin, cook it perfectly, toss it in the can and give it to them while it's still warm, and they'd still have something bad to say about it....this is a very good product. I detected no funny smells, colors, textures, etc... it's cooked ground beef in a can... a convenient, flavorful addition to any pantry.
on August 17, 2013
I used this beef in my manwich sloppy joe and it was great. I also used it for spaghetti sauce and it tasted just like fresh beef. I am very happy with this product and will order again as needed. In fact, I will order more than one so I have it on hand. Thank you, Amazon!
on August 17, 2013
this product makes a nice meal for the family. just mix in some potatoes and onions and family will love it. it gets an A+.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 9, 2016
I've never had Spam or any other canned meat (aside from tuna, chicken, or turkey, lol) so I was pretty interested to see what a can of ground beef would look and taste like. The reviews here give some pretty good descriptions so I'm just going to post some photos, (strange as it was taking them!) so you can see for yourself. It's pretty solid-ish, if that makes sense. The fat was mostly at the top and separated enough that it's easy to use just the meat. I used a fork to pull apart the cold meat like ground meat would be after cooked, and make nachos...

Nasty as it looks, it's super delicious with a bit of True Lime Shaker, Lime, Garlic and Cilantro, 2.29 Ounce, shredded cheese, veggies of choice, spread over tortilla chips. We baked them in the toaster oven along with some Old El Paso Stand N' Stuff Soft Tortilla, 6.7 Ounce (Pack of 8). Then we put nachos in the (separately toasted) taco boats and dip in sour cream. Tastes like double decker tacos.

Yum! Yum!! Smile. Enjoy!!!
review image review image review image
on December 20, 2013
Exactly what I wanted. I cut it up, repack, put in freezer. When I want a sandwich, all I have to do is microwave it for 2 minutes. Will definitely purchase again. And NO, I wasn't paid to say that I like it.
on September 20, 2013
Great to keep on hand, great taste and very useful. I use for Sloopy Joes, in Spag. Sauce, etc. I do not have a problem with the product. But, be advised that it is a meat item and when you open the can there is a rim of congealed fat. Just skim off the white with the edge of a spoon or knife. No problem. Would recommend and I do continue to buy.
on April 29, 2014
I live in rural Alaska and because of the cost of fresh meat here, I thought I'd give this a try. I thought it might be good for spaghetti or something like that. First thing you'll notice is the smell and how much fat is in the can. I thought that the sauce might mask that and still tried to use it. When I heated it up and put the sauce into it, it stunk up my entire house and I ended up having to throw it out along with the rest of my meal. I hate leaving bad reviews but since I always read the reviews here before ordering anything, I thought I'd warn people about this meat before they ordered it.
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2014
I made a spaghetti sauce with the canned beef and it tasted really great. I found it did not have a high content of fat as I previously thought it might.
on November 7, 2013
Taste terrible....reminded me of Alpo. Awful smell and the texture is weird like rubber. Even with lots of spices (tried a couple of recipes including spaghetti.... the taste came through like something "off". Would not recommend this product unless your taste buds aren't sensitive!
on April 2, 2015
This is easy to use and for someone like me that can't go shopping easily, it is a God send. It has excellent flavor for all kinds of soups and stews or meat dishes using ground beef. It shortens cooking time too.