5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the best
Published on March 15, 2011 by Samantha S. Sillett

2.0 out of 5 stars The Three Sisters blend is FAR too over-roasted to be classified as a "medium roast" blend.
The Three Sisters blend I received has a burnt aroma right out of the package, but I have given it a week making 3 cups a day (but only drinking 1 or maybe 2 cups a day) and I can't make this blend palatable by any method I have tried. I prefer to use a porcelain cone drip coffee method and make only a cup at a time using a burr grinder and fresh roasted beans. Since so...
Published 5 months ago by S. Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the best, March 15, 2011
I've had a subscription to Peet's for years. I find Starbuck's dark roast tastes burnt. I saw this coffee in the Gold Box and decided to try it based on the reviews. It is absolutely delicious; the best coffee I've ever had. I enjoy it in my morning latte. It has a strong, robust smell, but blends smoothly in my latte's and mocha's. Even better, it is ORGANIC and FREE TRADE. How good can it get with the low price per pound and free shipping with Amazon Prime. Closed my subscription from Peets and buying Dark Horse from Amazon from now on. I LOVE IT!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not good for super-automatic espresso/coffee makers, January 6, 2012
This looks like a pretty decent coffee, but its not suitable for super-automatic espresso/coffee makers. Problem is that the beans are TOO oily. Good if you self-grind... bad if you put the beans in a large hopper and expect them to automatically slide into the grinder when needed... The oil creates a stickiness which tends to keep the beans stationary. 5 stars if rating the coffee simply on the quality of the beans... would be unfair to downgrade the avg because they don't work with my setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, January 6, 2012
I very much enjoy dark roasts. The challenge I find is that many of them are either burnt or overly bitter from poor roasting. This coffee does a very good job of being a strong dark roast that is full of flavor without any hint of burnt or bitter flavors. It is very dark and oily and the small portion that did not fit in my airtight container dried out a bit and was not as strong flavored. That took over 3 weeks though due to the volume of coffee and it was still better than other dark roasts I have tried. I have used this for guests to eat with pies and cake over the holidays and all of them commented on its excellent flavor. A couple who don't really like dark roast did request some cream, but still gladly had multiple cups.

I would recommend this to anyone who:

1. Likes dark roast coffee
2. Doesn't know, and wants to try it
3. Wants to change it up from a medium, or god forbid, a light roast.

It is a good quality product made more so because of the cost

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee!!!, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Kicking Horse Coffee Three Sisters Medium, Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Pouch (Grocery)
Not much to say about this that hasn't been said in previous reviews. I'll get to the point.
Full flavored, Smooth, Gives you that get up and go Caffeine Kick.

Worth Every Penny.

The three sisters blend is in the Top Three coffee's I've ever purchased.

I will order again when I run out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and smooth, August 16, 2011
I hate mornings. Picking out the right coffee is very important to me. I have tried just about everything Starbucks makes with mixed outcomes.

The Amazon community steered me in the direction of this Kicking Horse product with overwhelmingly solid reviews, and I have to say they did not lead me wrong. The beans have a heavenly smell out of the bag (but the aroma of the coffee itself was more muted.) The taste is dark and full, but as many commentators pointed out, does not come with an acidity or burnt taste frequent to many dark brews. To me, this is a simple, straight up coffee that does exactly what it is supposed to. The downside is that it lacks a distinctive, exotic, or exquisite flavor. If that is what you are looking for, this probably is not the product for you.

But if like me, you have given up trying to have your coffee do too many things wrong and come up short, this seems to really get the job done well. I find myself enjoying it black-- no cream or sugar needed for a very drinkable and enjoyable coffee such as this.

Prime shipping and low cost with subscribe and save makes this coffee about $1/pound cheaper than Starbucks brews, depending on the bean.

PROS:
Smooth
Delicious
Drinkable
Great Aroma
Favorably priced to other high end coffee

CONS:
Lacking in exotic taste (if that is your thing)

5.0 out of 5 stars yumm, September 28, 2011
I have had a cup of coffee like this befor and loved it. I have been trying different coffee and makers for years till now. it is just perfect. I will up my subscription to 2 bags a month. Thank you Kicking horse coffee my serch is over. Perfect, just perfect!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Coffee, August 20, 2011
Richard M. Turner (Kennesaw, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I like a dark oily roast and Kick Ass comes pretty close to my ideal. Great taste, no bitterness. I'll buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best decaf I've tried so far, May 11, 2011
Based on the reviews here, the price, and the fair trade aspect; I decided to give this coffee a try. I was very pleased with both the aroma and flavor: rich, complex, reminding me a bit of mocha though no actual chocolate flavor. Highly recommended for anyone who likes a rich cup of coffee without the caffeine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Divine, April 21, 2013
Joseph Ferris (San Tan Valley, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
When the company I purchase my normal coffee beans ran out of stock, I was forced to look for an alternative. After reading through many, many reviews, I decided to give Kicking Ass Dark a try. I have been anything but disappointed in that choice.

The coffee has a rich, full flavor without being either bitter or oily. It is similar in flavor to some Peet's varieties, although the roast is much more consistent with this product. I get a thick rich crema on each cup that retains for quite some time. The machine that I use to grind and brew is a Jura Capresso ENA 9.

5.0 out of 5 stars LadyB, December 17, 2009
LadyB (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
I have purchased this coffee from the company and I am so happy that it will be available through Amazon. The shipping is a little steep from Canada. This is one of the best coffees I have had. The name says it all. Anyone who likes a strong dark coffee will enjoy this. Also good is 454 Horse Power Dark.

ARRAY(0x9d45a1b0)