Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Kickstarter For Dummies Paperback – June 10, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Based on seven years of reporting from over a dozen countries, writer Tom Wainwright takes you on an extraordinary journey into the business of being a drug lord. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being the mastermind behind Kickstarter for Dummies. I just completed a successful Kickstarter campaign of my own, due in large part to the suggestions YOU wrote about in your book. It was a TON of work to complete successfully - but you made it just a bit easier by sharing your wisdom - THANK YOU!
From the Back Cover
- Develop a campaign page that inspires contributors
- Establish rewards for your backers
- Estimate how much money you need to raise
- Use social media to enhance awareness
Find backers and bring your dream project to life with Kickstarter
Do you have the next blockbuster movie, award-winning game, or bestselling graphic novel in your head? Just need funding to make it happen? Learn how to use Kickstarter with help from this handy little book, and connect with backers who want to fund your project. See how to make your idea irresistible, develop your campaign, and bring your dream to life!
- Join the crowd learn how crowdfunding works and the advantages Kickstarter offers
- Kickstart your campaign profile your project and showcase its uniqueness in a compelling video
- Dollars and sense examine all the cost factors and make a detailed, realistic estimate of your fundraising goal
- Build your base determine likely backers and grow community support for your project
- Everybody wins create rewards for your backers at different dollar levels
- Drop the flag kick off your campaign, track your backers, and monitor expenses
- Spread the word promote your campaign with press releases, online ads, events, and social media
Open the book and find:
- Case studies of successful campaigns
- Tips for delivering your project on time
- Why your video is so important
- Hints for estimating donations
- What to include in your project description
- Ways to communicate with your backers
- How to use Kickstarter on your iPhone
- Ten creative reward ideas
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Definitely helps make the decision early on if Kickstarter is right for you, as it point out all the things that someone starting their first one may tend to forget. I read this while on a train, so I wasn't interacting with Kickstarter at the time, and that may have been the biggest help as I read it all the way through before even starting, then had it open on my Kindle as I worked on it.
Definitely a worthwhile read if you're thinking about doing your first Kickstarter campaign, or if you've failed at one before.
In the introduction for KICKSTARTER FOR DUMMIES, Cebulski writes "Kickstarter has quickly become a mainstream way to get a creative project made." Most people have no idea how to raise funds for their creative project, Kickstarter gives anyone the ability to raise funds--but it does take strategic planning and thinking to pull off successfully. This book will help you understand the details and creative possibilities.
The Kickstarter model is working. Page 6 says, "As of March 2013, individuals using Kickstarter have:
* Launched 89,400 projects
* Funded 37,300 projects - a success rate of 43%
* Raised $434 million"
"Kickstarter uses an all-or-nothing approach to fundraising. This means, if you don't hit your fundraising goal within a certain timeframe (about 30 to 60 days), you get nothing. As a result, you need to be very strategic in your planning, your goal-setting, and backer solicitation, all of which I cover in depth in this book." (Page 7)
The illustrations, step-by-step instructions and depth of this book make it a "must-have" for anyone who is going to use Kickstarter effectively. I recommend you get this book, study it carefully then launch your own creative endeavor. Aimee Cebulski has shown readers the path for their own success and opportunity with KICKSTARTER FOR DUMMIES.