4.0 out of 5 stars Good first RC car for little kids
We bought two of these kid galaxy RC cars (the Morphibian and Land Shark) on the premise that each of our kids would want one. Our four-year old son enjoys playing with them but I would not say they are his absolute favorites (that goes to Legos). Our two-year old daughter can't really drive them but she loves to chase them when others are driving them.

They...
Published on June 9, 2007 by J. Boos

3.0 out of 5 stars Using two Morphibians together/frequencies
I have been looking for a set of remote cars that I could purchase for my twins. All of those we've tried so far run on the same frequency, so one remote works both cars, and one remote does nothing - very frustrating.

Published on September 23, 2011 by Dragon Mommy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first RC car for little kids, June 9, 2007
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)

They seem durable enough. I wouldn't want to throw them in the pool (even if they do say they are amphibious, I don't think they are submersible) or down a flight of stairs, but so far they have withstood a number of bumps, drops, and kicks.

The controls are simple to use. On the vehicle there is an on/off switch and on the remote there are two joy sticks, push one forward and the wheels on the corresponding side of the car go forward. Pull it back and the wheels on that side of the car go in reverse. Push both joy sticks forward and the car goes, etc.) It like driving a tracked vehicle. Our four-year old got the hang of it pretty quickly but hasn't focused on it enough to actually avoid hitting things.

There is enough torque in the car that it can run on carpet but this will run through bateries faster. It is actually also pretty good outdoors in the garden. Still it is at its best on smooth floors.

The battery life seems okay, but it would also depend upon how much the kids (or in my case the parents) play with it.

In my opinion there are two problems with this toy. First, it requires two different types of batteries. The vehicle takes 3 AA batteries and the remote takes 2 AAA batteries. This is a pain because I always have AA batteries but AAA batteries always seem to require a trip to the shops. The second problem is a lack of a power switch on the remote. The batteries in the remote are activated by pushing one of the joysticks. In theory this is fine, however, when dumped into a toy box it easy for the a joystick to move and drain the batteries, meaning I have to run to the store the next time someone decides to play with the toy.

All in all, if you are looking for a first RC car for a child that is relatively durable, simple to use and relatively fun, then I recommend this toy. If you are looking for something for an older child how is more into speed, styling and being cool, look elswhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Using two Morphibians together/frequencies, September 23, 2011
Dragon Mommy (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)

We do not own these Morphibians yet (so please disregard rating - though it's worth 3 stars just that they have two frequencies!), but I did speak with Kid Galaxy customer service (very nice!) and she said they have 3 models that run on one frequency (27Mhz) and 2 models that run on another (49Mhz). So you just need to make sure you purchase models that run on different frequencies and then they'll operate independently.

Gator = 27Mhz
Killer Whale = 27Mhz
Rover = 27Mhz
Shark = 49Mhz
Explorer = 49Mhz

Just thought this might be helpful to anyone else looking for two that can be played with together! I'll update the review once we receive them and have played with them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shark towing dump truck!!! :), January 26, 2012
Length:: 1:17 Mins

A lot of fun for the money. A video is worth 10,000 words.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy.....only one small complaint by my son., January 15, 2007
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
My son was thrilled to see that Santa had left this toy. The first thing we did was walk down to the pond to see if it really worked. The "shark" was driven all the way down to the pond and then into the water he went. He was easily controllable in the water and on the land. The only problem was that it wasn't able to get out of the water on it's own. No matter what direction and speed this toy was going, it was quite difficult to maneuver out of the pond. However, when driven in the shallow creek, it did great! One of my 6 year old son's favorite toys!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite Christmas present, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
My 6-year-old daughter absolutely loves this toy! So does my 4-year-old nephew. In just a couple of days, Molly wore out the first set of batteries; she played with it all day! One caution, though; don't let the controller get wet. My daughter inadvertently got it wet and it had to dry out for about 24 hours before it would work again. Overall, though, an excellent toy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last, June 28, 2009
Lisa P. (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
My son had such high hopes for this toy--a remote control car that can go on water, too. It did do that and was simple to operate. But, it lasted about 2 months. The on/off switch is junk. Water and sand get deep inside the car. I don't know what caused it's demise but I sure wish it would have lasted longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution, October 11, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
My niece loved the fact that this RC car was in the shape of a shark and that it could be used in water. She used it for about a week before it stopped working. The batteries get used up extremely quickly, so be prepared for that. The car also is not as all-terrain as advertised. It gets stuck fairly easily. It does float in water, but it is very hard to steer while in the water or even make it move. Be prepared and have something ready to fish it out of the water because it will not be able to climb out of anything by itself.

The remote control is also hard to operate for small children. I was looking for something that my 4-year-old niece would be able to operate, but the way the controls are set up makes it hard to learn how to control it. Overall, I would not recommend this car at all. It is just not durable enough for the young children who would like its shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun For My Kids!!, January 11, 2009
I purchased both this Land Shark and the Gator Morphibian Radio Control car for my two kids for Christmas. My son is 4-1/2 and my daughter is 3. They are both able to use the controllers with little difficulty now that they have had more practice. Knowing which knob to push to turn the cars left and right was a little tricky at first but they are getting the hang of it. The best thing is that both kids can use both cars at the same time without any problems with the radio frequencies interfering with each other. These cars are pretty tough and can withstand being driven into walls and each other, driven over ramps made out of stacked up books, and even withstand being flipped upside down. We have yet to try them outside as we have about 10 inches of snow right now! I would recommend these cars if you are looking for something fun for your kids (or husband...mine enjoys playing with them as well). The educational value is not overly high in the traditional sense but these cars do work on visual motor, visual perception and problem solving skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but be careful when buying more than one., July 12, 2008
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark (Toy)
If you buy more than one, make sure they are different types. We received two sharks and they operate on the same frequency. We replaced one shark with a gator (which operates at a different frequency)and the two work fine together.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy it while it lasts...until it breaks, October 12, 2008
A reader "in" (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My son received this Christmas 2007. It has gotten use on and off, mostly off. So, it has not been heavily used. Just recently (Oct. 2008) the car wouldn't turn on anymore. Replaced the batteries but that did not solve the problem. I wound up taking the housing off the car and discovered there is a small plastic stem that goes from the on/off switch on the car into some kind of electric transistor gizmo. The stem itself had broken off, and I found it inside of the car when I opened it. It really isn't repairable, unless I could find a whole new switch piece (fat chance on finding that). At this price level, I think something like this should last longer than it did, considering it only got light-to-moderate usage. It was a pretty fun toy, but durability wasn't up to par.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Shark