Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$29.99+ Free shipping

on September 23, 2011
I have been looking for a set of remote cars that I could purchase for my twins. All of those we've tried so far run on the same frequency, so one remote works both cars, and one remote does nothing - very frustrating.

We do not own these Morphibians yet (so please disregard rating - though it's worth 3 stars just that they have two frequencies!), but I did speak with Kid Galaxy customer service (very nice!) and she said they have 3 models that run on one frequency (27Mhz) and 2 models that run on another (49Mhz). So you just need to make sure you purchase models that run on different frequencies and then they'll operate independently.

Gator = 27Mhz
Killer Whale = 27Mhz
Rover = 27Mhz
Shark = 49Mhz
Explorer = 49Mhz

Just thought this might be helpful to anyone else looking for two that can be played with together! I'll update the review once we receive them and have played with them!
1313 comments|447 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2007
We bought two of these kid galaxy RC cars (the Morphibian and Land Shark) on the premise that each of our kids would want one. Our four-year old son enjoys playing with them but I would not say they are his absolute favorites (that goes to Legos). Our two-year old daughter can't really drive them but she loves to chase them when others are driving them.

They seem durable enough. I wouldn't want to throw them in the pool (even if they do say they are amphibious, I don't think they are submersible) or down a flight of stairs, but so far they have withstood a number of bumps, drops, and kicks.

The controls are simple to use. On the vehicle there is an on/off switch and on the remote there are two joy sticks, push one forward and the wheels on the corresponding side of the car go forward. Pull it back and the wheels on that side of the car go in reverse. Push both joy sticks forward and the car goes, etc.) It like driving a tracked vehicle. Our four-year old got the hang of it pretty quickly but hasn't focused on it enough to actually avoid hitting things.

There is enough torque in the car that it can run on carpet but this will run through bateries faster. It is actually also pretty good outdoors in the garden. Still it is at its best on smooth floors.

The battery life seems okay, but it would also depend upon how much the kids (or in my case the parents) play with it.

In my opinion there are two problems with this toy. First, it requires two different types of batteries. The vehicle takes 3 AA batteries and the remote takes 2 AAA batteries. This is a pain because I always have AA batteries but AAA batteries always seem to require a trip to the shops. The second problem is a lack of a power switch on the remote. The batteries in the remote are activated by pushing one of the joysticks. In theory this is fine, however, when dumped into a toy box it easy for the a joystick to move and drain the batteries, meaning I have to run to the store the next time someone decides to play with the toy.

All in all, if you are looking for a first RC car for a child that is relatively durable, simple to use and relatively fun, then I recommend this toy. If you are looking for something for an older child how is more into speed, styling and being cool, look elswhere.
11 comment|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2012
A lot of fun for the money. A video is worth 10,000 words.
11 comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2007
My son was thrilled to see that Santa had left this toy. The first thing we did was walk down to the pond to see if it really worked. The "shark" was driven all the way down to the pond and then into the water he went. He was easily controllable in the water and on the land. The only problem was that it wasn't able to get out of the water on it's own. No matter what direction and speed this toy was going, it was quite difficult to maneuver out of the pond. However, when driven in the shallow creek, it did great! One of my 6 year old son's favorite toys!!
on July 21, 2013
I was actually looking for some replacement RC boats for my twin 3.5yr old boys and came across these Morphibians. I purchased the Shark and Gator since they work on different frequencies (thanks to a previous reviewer for pointing out which models operate on each frequency). They are tough to control but they turn on a dime and are fun to drive even in confined spaces. They are relative compact vehicles that work great on flat surfaces although I felt they were a little under powered for other types of terrain. I tried them on sand and thick grass and each of them became stuck almost instantly. Next we tried the water with the Shark and it performed ok. It is not fast and a bit tough to maneuver but it worked. There was no way it was going to make it out of the small creek and onto the rocky shore without assistance though. So a little more power and some deeper treads to push thru the water would have been nice, but overall I am happy with the purchase for my young boys.

I also like the flexible antenna on the remote, I don't have to worry about my boys poking their eyes out.
on January 11, 2009
I purchased both this Land Shark and the Gator Morphibian Radio Control car for my two kids for Christmas. My son is 4-1/2 and my daughter is 3. They are both able to use the controllers with little difficulty now that they have had more practice. Knowing which knob to push to turn the cars left and right was a little tricky at first but they are getting the hang of it. The best thing is that both kids can use both cars at the same time without any problems with the radio frequencies interfering with each other. These cars are pretty tough and can withstand being driven into walls and each other, driven over ramps made out of stacked up books, and even withstand being flipped upside down. We have yet to try them outside as we have about 10 inches of snow right now! I would recommend these cars if you are looking for something fun for your kids (or husband...mine enjoys playing with them as well). The educational value is not overly high in the traditional sense but these cars do work on visual motor, visual perception and problem solving skills.
on May 17, 2014
I bought 3 of these! One for my nephew, one for his parents, and one for me. They are a lot of fun and they really do work on the water. We took them to the boat ramp and went in and out of the water a dozen times.

They are slow on the water, though. Think riverboat, not jet ski. But, you will need to drain the water out properly if you don't want rusty screws later.

Stock up on batteries or get some top quality rechargeables. ALL RC toys eat up juice.
on August 29, 2013
My son looooooves his Morphibian Shark! He has tried it in shallow water, on sand, on pavement and all over the house. It's easy to control, zips around well and (my favorite) doesn't dent up the walls and furniture. It's well made, the batteries last a decent amount of time, and it's fun. The fact that they offer two different frequencies is also a plus because he can play with a friend who also has a morphibian (just make sure they are on different frequencies). However, every time his Shark takes any kind of fall (even a short drop) or hits something, the batteries are knocked loose and lose contact so that it won't run! He then has to get the screw driver, open the compartment, push the batteries back into place, and close it back up. That's clearly a design flaw. Ugh! The good news is that we bought an Explorer (which is one of the newer models), and it does NOT have that problem. The battery compartment is comprised of two pieces that close tightly. So, five stars for a great toy, but four overall because of a fairly problematic battery compartment design flaw.
on September 24, 2013
We got the first one and within an hour it stopped. The seller was very easy to work with and we had a replacement car in two days. We then put it in a few inches of water in the bath tub (the seller touts that the car is waterproof and can drive in pools) and the car did great BUT my son was sitting in the tub and the controller got a little wet (he did not submerg it or get it too wet) and the second car quit. :/ I was shocked the remote is not waterproofed. Anyway, we put it in rice for a few days and now it works perfectly again.

pros: sturdy car (great for little kids), easy to operate and steer, car is waterproof and seller is a pleasure to work with
cons: uses batteries quickly (3AA and 2AAA) remote is not waterproof.

I definately recommend this car just wish the seller would be clear that the remote cannot get wet.
on April 3, 2014
I bought this for my grandson's third birthday because he was always begging to use the older boys' RC cars. He has a couple of toys that have wired remotes and those just aren't as much fun. The body of the Morphibian is nice and sturdy, and best of all it has a wireless remote. At the birthday party, we held this present back until last and it was a good thing we did. He wasn't interested in any of his other presents once he opened this one. He plays with it every day and the older boys are relieved that he doesn't want to play with their more delicate RC cars now. The only improvement I can see is that the antenna could be attached a little better. My grandson started out picking it up by the antenna and we had to reattach the plastic sleeve on the antenna once. We had to tell him once not to pick it up that way, and he hasn't done it since and the antenna wasn't damaged. My grandson loves this toy and is so proud to have his own RC car that works just like the big boys' cars.