Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 29, 2009
I bought two of these, the gator and the stingray for my kids for christmas. I was thinking how much fun they would have racing these around the house and outside in the creek together. After we get the batteries in we find that they are on the same frequency, so you one controller will control both cars. so forget about playing together. I am disappointed that in the product description there is NO warning about this. So I contacted Kid Galaxy and they have 6 different morphibian cars with 2 different frequencies, the shark, cobra and rover(10136) all have 49mhz and the gator, rover(10162) and stingray are 27mhz. So if you are buying for 2 kids make sure you order different ones. I am going to see if I can exchange one!
on May 27, 2013
I bought the first one of these last year for one of my nephews, age 6-7. I'm back to purchase two more for my twin nephews.
The boys learned quickly how to use the remote control and really enjoy playing with it.
I found a very helpful comment in the reviews when I purchase the first one: That the remote controls had to be on a different frequency if you are purchasing for twins (or more than one for the same household). I was lucky to find the comment again when I was going to order but the new Morphibian models were not listed. I had to do some research to make sure I had different frequencies so here it is: The Shark, Explorer and Cobra are 49mhz. The Stingray, Gator, Killer Whale and Rover are 27mhz.
on February 1, 2007
Like the other reviewers, our hand control stopped working on one side after a week or so. Determined, my husband opened the controller and found that the contacts weren't quite touching on one side. He padded one of the contacts with electrical tape and voila! Now it works just spiffy. Three stars for a very cool tool with a major but fixable defect.
on January 11, 2007
We love the "cool" factor of this remote control vehicle but it slows down after a short time as it uses up its batteries. Recommend using rechargables to help it stay fun for longer.
on December 26, 2006
I bought this for Christmas and it worked for a little while in the house and we even made it to the pond where it took a spin on the water, as it is supposed to be able to. Well, after about 20 minutes the hand control gave out. It's no longer working and changing the batteries didn't help! Not the kind of present I want to give or have my kids receive!!
on January 9, 2007
I bought this toy for my 9 year old son who loved it at first but after awhile he was dissapointed. It stopped working correctly on one side. The remote may be the problem, I am not sure. We changed the batteries but that did not help. I felt bad I bought him a Christmas gift that didn't last the day!
on January 15, 2007
Bought this car for my sons Christmas present. Like many others this item looked like a perfect fit. However, it stopped working after less then a day. Now it is useless. What a waste of money.
VINE VOICEon March 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Morphibians Stingray remote control car is bit odd with the control. The buttons each control one side of the vehicle, so it takes a few minutes to learn to control the vehicle to get it to move forward straight. But, the beauty of the odd controls is the turns and spins you can take on the fly.

The Morphibian does eat batteries like a hog when in full on play, so definitely keep a steady supply - preferably rechargeables.

For rainy day fun, this will do the trick. To have a remote vehicle that you can muddy, get wet, and not get in trouble doing it - well, that makes it a cool toy.

Haven't had any problems with it so far as the other reviewers had. *knocks on wood*
on October 16, 2014
It's a great little toy, but they wear out quickly. My siblings love theirs, and play with it even though the electronics wore out within a year.
I an kind of disappointed, but they love it anyway.
on December 26, 2013
I purchased two identical toys; one came missing the battery cover for the hand set. I have left a message with the distributor for replacement and am awaiting a response.

The cars work exactly as described - very fun. I wish there were two frequencies to toggle between so that two of the cars can be used at the same time in the same area.