**Disclaimer** My review is for a revision that was sent to me in 2010. I cannot speak to any production issues or changes that may or may not have occurred since.
The above being said, mine are still functional (as of 11/2013)

Published on November 15, 2010 by JAB

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste of Money!
Published on October 22, 2010 by C. Eatmon

4.0 out of 5 stars Newer Revision is AWSOME! (all my complaints were w/old rev) & GREAT customer service..., November 15, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
The above being said, mine are still functional (as of 11/2013)

We received these on Christmas 2010 and by the end of an afternoon there were major problems - a motor problem with one car, a broken peg under one of the drivers, and some odd radio glitches.
I called Kid Galaxy the next morning and received fantastic treatment. I explained that the item was a gift and I didn't have a receipt and the representative I spoke with assured me that they would make things right. Within a couple of days I had a box show up at my house containing a brand new set!

The new set was different colors (black & red vs the blue & orange)and I immediately notice that the little peg under the drivers appeared to be totally redesigned (more robust).

We inserted the batteries and have never had ANY more problems (aside from replacing batteries- thank goodness for rechargeables) over the last 3 years (we played with them last week).

Hopefully there are no more early revisions floating around out there but even so given my experience with Kid Galaxy I'd definitely buy these again.

These turn VERY quickly and it can take a while for the kids to get the hang of the controls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Bumper Cars, December 27, 2007
deano "tsoupow" (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
You could hear the laughter of the kids from miles around as they enjoyed this toy. And we couldn't wait until they went to bed to try it! The remote control Space Bumper Cars were perfect for our 5 and 4 year old. The cars could speed over floors as well as carpet. It takes a while to understand the remote but it didn't stop the kids from having a blast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste of Money!, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
I took a chance on this set last year at Christmas for our two kids. I saw that there were more positive than negative reviews and decided to risk the money for a double set of remote control cars that the kids could interact with. Although this is a great idea, and when the toys work they are very fun, ours broke the day we took them out of the box. As usual I tried to fix them, and when I inspected them closely I found that they are very cheaply made and not durable at all. Also when they WERE working we found that one was much slower than the other even though the batteries were all brand new. That was very unfair between the children since one can always chase and bump the other and the other can never keep up. My kids are very disappointed and continue to ask for r/c cars to play with. Dont bother wasting your money on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun Toy, December 26, 2007
H. Beers (Annapolis, MD.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
This is a really great and fun toy. My kids love it and keep playing with it. Even after Christmas, this is one they come back too many times.
Even adults will enjoy this toy and play it with their child!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocking Bumper Cars :), December 30, 2008
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
From the minute they came out of the box these cars rocked. My nephews loved them (4yr and 9yr) . I was still tryin got get the batteries into everything and the kids were already playing with them, pushing the lil button on the side blasting the little figures into the air. Once I put the batteries in (it is alot of batteries 3 in the cars two in each remote but well worth it) the fun really began. The boys had them driving all wild in circles and across the room trying to figure out how to control the fast little beasts. (One button for forward back, one for left right) We kept hitting the chairs and other things in the kitchen and the little guys kept getting ejected flying through the air. The kids were laughing up a storm because nobody could keep their guy in the car. After a lil bit of experimenting they figured out how to drive and then the wars began, they would drive and angle and try to figure out how to block the other in so they were lined up for that perfect slam in to the other guys eject button. They were laughing and screaming and have a fantastic time showing grandma and momma how they could blast each other's lil men into the air making for a wondeful christmas for all.

4.0 out of 5 stars The laughter you get is great, May 5, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
Yes the build quality is not the best, but it's definitely not bad, actually it exceeded my expectations.
10 AAA batteries, well for 4 units (2cars+2remotes) either trasnmitting or running motors, this ain't bad at all.
As for the fun, my kids love it and enjoy it. Whenever they pop each other figurine out they do a victory dance and laugh like crazy.

Pros: It's great fun, surprising maneuverability, just what they need to wind down after a long day of school and structured environment
Cons: Instructions are terrible, it never says you need to align the number on the remote to the number on the car. Takes a while to understand, but then it works as advertised.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kid Galaxy Bump N Chuck Bumper Cars, December 29, 2009
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
I purchased 8 of these sets for Christmas. At least 4 of the sets have a design flaw in the design of the battery compartment. It doesn't allow the batteries to make contact with the conductor with some batteries and we have had to mess around with them to try to get them to work. It was disappointing to give these as gifts and not have them work right out of the package. Once we got them to work the kids loved them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toy looks awesome but the build quality stinks, May 29, 2009
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
I got this as a gift for two boys but unfortunately didnt give it to them for a month (past the return window). One of the controls just didnt work at all which sort of renders the toy sort of useless. When I opened it up to see if it was something obvious, I discovered that this is a very cheap toy. The plastic is pretty deformed and looking inside I felt that it was amazing that the other control worked at all!

Too bad b/c I think it is a really clever idea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks too easily, April 18, 2009
P. Tan (Colorado, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
After a few hours of playing with the Bump N Chuck Bumper Cars, the stick part from one of the little drivers broke inside one of the cars. Without the stick that extends from their seats, the car doesn't reset and won't chuck the driver out or giggle. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a replacement car-- that didn't work. I contacted them for replacement drivers, but my requests were ignored. Cute idea. Poor manufacturing or design. Very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ages 4+..Ridiculously fun - until the ejection plunger breaks. :(, April 13, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars (Toy)
Hysterical to eject the other player - TONS of fun, even for adults. Speed is relatively slow which is ideal for playing indoors. I'd recommend for kids at least 4 years old.

Would score 5 stars except for the following:

1) Uses AAA batteries which means you're using them like crazy - get rechargables.

2) The plunger on each player is very delicate and after 3 days of hard playing, both were broken. This means you can't lock the players into the cars and they won't get ejected.

Kid Galaxy RC Bump 'n Chuck Bumper Cars