Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kid Galaxy Morphibian Dirt Frog
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 25, 2013
I have two other MOrphibians for my children. I have the whale and the Rover. So My grown up baby, AKA my husband, wanted to order another, just to join in the fun. I saw the price of this one, and said, okay,. for HALF THE PRICE, I'll bite.

WELL, what OMG, what in the world. The item arrived, in a plastic bag, dirty,and missing a screw. Yes, I purchased via AMAZON, not a 3rd party retailer. Meaning, " ships and sold by AMAZON". Yep, that's what I mean. Which means, items are new in box, right? WRONG, WRONG WRONG, this item was used, covered in black goo, and looked like, it came from my kids room. That dirty. Gummy, patchy, and with fingerprints, all over.

I was so shocked, to see this. Since I am a AVID, and ultra frequent buyer on AMAZON ( get a package every 2 or 3 days). Seriously. I am a top buyer, I purchased everything for my children on AMAZON. From PAMPERS, DIAPERS, TO the all their furniture. I am a "prime" member, and also a member of AMAZON MOM. So I do love, amazon.

But they dropped the ball, on this one. The frequencies do conflict, but if you are using the controller, it corrects itself. Strange but true, if you are not actively using the controller, any of the morphibiams remotes will make it go. So that will be tricky for a small child. and will require the kids to play in tandem, not together. Meaning, I move, you move. Racing will be nearly impossible.

The off button was jammed, so the darn thing is always on.

I would say, for 20 bucks, GET A NEWER VERSION, of this toy, and spare yourself, some heartache.

here is what I wrote in my return comment:
there was NO INDICATION, that this item, was USED. it arrived dirty, and NOT in original packaging. This was a returned item. and should have been listed as USED.
on February 10, 2014
I ordered 2 Morphibians for my son: "Kid Galaxy Morphibian Viper" and "Kid Galaxy Morphibian Dirt Frog".
While Viper was performing as expected with an OK range, Dirt Frog had some obvious issue with the range. It would only work within a 1-2 ft distance.

At first I thought there is some issue with one of the motors or bad batteries, since it would drag like this is the last 30sec of its life. Changing battering in both the car and the remote did not help.

I returned the item and ordered a replacement. It was the same exact story...
Then I realized that the range was the issue. If you keep the remote antenna within a 1-2 ft distance from the Dirt Frog, then you can enjoy the ride.
Returned again.

One again, the other Morphibian Viper works just fine - no major complains.
I would not recommend this particular model - the Dirt Frog.

BTW Dirt Frog came (twice) in a brown box packaging, not a nice retail box you'd expect to see in a local store.
on July 29, 2013
This rc car is fun, the one I bought didn't floated for a bit but slowly started to sink, but on dirt it does great because of the 4 wheel drive, I live in the hills and this thing has no problem going up them! great for young ones!!
on March 29, 2014
TRUTH IS - we had one for the 10 year old when he was 5 and it was nearly indestructible - "NEARLY" - so I bought one for his little Brother (but really for my memories)... and it is fun; maybe I will share....
on January 23, 2014
I like that the controller has auto shut off & antenna is not hard metal. This is the second one we bought, first was for our older boy & we found it to be good quality so we bought the second for the little bro.
on July 16, 2013
I originally ordered this to give as a birthday present for a friend of my son but when it arrived, my son (who is 11) begged me to let him have it and we would order another to give as the gift. I found this item on sale for around $10 so it is perfect for what i paid. It does go in the water, it does go over small rocks...it does not go very well in the grass but my son has had a blast with it so for $10-it's a great buy!
on March 13, 2014
It was a great toy to find under our Christmas tree. The only problem is that after my son played with it for a week or so, it stopped working correctly. The buttons on the remote control got 'stuck' in the on mode, and the battery would drain without anyone having used it. Also, even though it says that it's a morphibian, when it was driven over water puddles, water got into the car itself. My son was very disappointed and wanted to send it back to Santa.
on May 31, 2013
Product description says: "Now featuring headlight and metalic finishes!"
Not mine. The place where was suppose to be the real headlight is just covered with white colour. I'm so dissappointed! My daughter's birthday is on Monday and I can't give it to her because of the missing headlights. Not enough time to get the new one.
on January 20, 2014
My 3 1/2 yr old grandson absolutely loved this! He has 2 older siblings so he's kind of advanced which can make it hard to buy toys for him. Out of all the great gifts he got, this was his favorite toy Christmas morning... YAY!!!
on January 4, 2013
It arrived broken. It was a gift and I couldn't give it. So we called the company they gave our money back and said to keep it.

See 1 answered question