4.0 out of 5 stars Great first r/c vehicle for child

3.0 out of 5 stars Still Not Kid-proof
Published on July 14, 2010 by R. Sutphin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first r/c vehicle for child, October 15, 2009
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
We have purchased four of the kid galaxy morphibians, two for my son and two as gifts. They are excellent toys for young children who want r/c vehicles. They climb over grass well and we've even had them in the swimming pool! They "swim" as well as they drive. My son accidentally jumped into the pool with the remote, but it worked fine after it dried out. We did recently have a problem with one of them that started to drive backwards only, but these cars have been through so much abuse during the last year, I expected something to break. We've not had any other r/c that lasted this long or that performed so well. I should note that if you want to purchase more than one, make sure you get different frequencies. Kid Galaxy's website provides the frequency of each car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven year old boy's review, July 21, 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
I like it because I have a little car and it is not able to go over bumps. But the Morphibian is able to go over carpet, bumps and even ramps that I make with my wooden blocks. It's easy to control. I haven't tried it in the water - I'm waiting 'til its older and I'm bored with playing with it on land.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Remote control car ever-, December 20, 2009
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
We bought two morphibians two years ago. They still work and the boys race them outside and inside. The worst part is trying to replace the batteries but if you can figure that out without stripping the screws, they run forever. We have used them in ponds, bathtubs, and puddles. They are fast and my four year old uses the remotes without any trouble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 4-year old, September 8, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
My 4-year old grandson loves playing with this car. He figured out the controls pretty fast, and the battery compartment is screwed shut, so he can't take them out. An added benefit with this Explorer model is the spoiler on the back-- gives him and his lttle brother a "handle" to carry it around with, instead of using the antenna! We've had it 4 months now, he still plays with it regularly, and its still going strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun car, but underpowered, nonintuitive controls, and poor performance in water, June 16, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
PROS
1. Inexpensive
2. Cute design
3. Car uses only 3 AA batteries
4. Remote uses only 2 AAA batteries
5. Will work on water (although poorly)
6. 4x4

CONS
1. Car is underpowered on land but still fun for little kids
2. Car performs very poorly in water in terms of a snail-like speed but also it takes in water and starts to look like it's sinking. This makes the performance degrade even further when all 4 wheels are completely under water.
3. Antenna on car keeps getting removed by kids, although it can easily be placed back
4. Controls are difficult for kids (and even some adults) as there is no steering wheel. Rather, there are two separate joy sticks, one for each side of the car. If you want to proceed straight ahead, you push both sticks forward. If you want to turn left, then you push the right stick forward, etc.

CONCLUSION
It's a great bargain, but don't expect it do work well in water.

4.0 out of 5 stars This item has good value for the price, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
I purchased this because I wanted to get my son a RC car that would role over the plush carpet that we have. It worked really well with what I wanted it to do, in fact it actually roles right over other toys that are in the path. Its a little hard to control but once you figure it out its really easy. We have yet to try it on water though. If I could change anything about this car I would change the way the antenna is on the car part itself, if you dont have it right it will drag on the floor, its just a wire with a little tube around it, you have to push the tube down into the hole to get the antenna to hold up. Overall, I am very happy with this toy and my son plays with it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RC toy., January 7, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
Ordered this toy for my 5 yr. old grandson. The first thing he did was put it in the pool. It performed great. It even flipped over and still kept running. He has had a ball with it. It goes everywhere. I would definitely recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still Not Kid-proof, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
I thought this was the perfect Christmas present for my five-year old grandson. He was asking for more sophisticated (e.g. expensive) remote control toys. Since this remote vehicle is amphibious, it seemed to be exciting enough but also easy to control. Unfortunately, it wasn't tough enough to hold-up to my five-year olds punishment and was broken within a month. I'm glad it wasn't very expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Morphibian, June 10, 2012
VAUGHN GAMET (FOWLERVILLE, MI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
I bought 4 of these morphibian toys for my grandkids. Individually they work fine but because the remotes all operate on the same frequency, whoever was using the remote with the stronger, fresher batteries controled all 4 toys! Kids were very disappointed they can't play together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bang for the Buck!!!, February 10, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary) (Toy)
These little guys blast around, the batteries seem to last for hours and hours and are the best thing that I could find before stepping up to close to $100 for much higher-end toys. My 4 year-old son hasn't really mastered the steering yet but the toys are great.

Kid Galaxy Morphibians Explorer (Colors May Vary)
$39.99 $27.13